Brr ​🥶​ Getting frosty in here​​ ​🔥​

PsyCLown

So thought I might as well start a new grow diary. 

I have skipped the boring vegging stage, do any of you actually want to see that?

I have also split the flower plants a bit - some went into flower around 27 June while others went into flower technically on Monday (12 July) - decided to give them 48 hours of darkness before switching to 12 / 12 as I had a bit of a fuckup with the plants which went into flower on 27 June. Moved over to a sonoff Pow R2 and setup a timer instead of schedule and only noticed after a day or two. So not sure if lights were going on and off every 7 minutes or if they were only off for 7 minutes every 24 hours or what was happening but it seems this slowed down the transition into flower 💩

Now a lot of these I have grown out previously, however there are some new additions. Also some new phenos of strains I have grown out previously, going to see which is the keeper pheno and narrow it down to make my life easier going forward.

List of strains being grown:

• Bananium (multiple phenos)
  • Platinum Punch (multiple phenos)
  • Frosted Apricots
  • Sugarcane
  • Slurricane
  • Slurrijug - I grew this out previously back in 2019 and it was good, this is a different pheno though...
  • Blunicorn
  • Twisted Helix (Thanks to @John Stonedwell for a cut of this, same pheno he is growing out)
  • Black Cherry Pie
  • Remo Chemo

Will take some pictures and post them here when I get a chance.

Got some other stuff coming up a well - but that will be for another grow diary. 🙂 

• Wow 2
  • Fire! 5

• PsyCLown changed the title to Brr ​🥶​ Getting frosty in here​​ ​🔥​

So let's get some pictures going! Not many and not the best, sorry for the delay.

As per another thread I have started, I have an issue with some Root Aphids so trying to deal with that - hopefully this grow won't be affected too badly due to them darn pests.

As mentioned, some plants went into flower before others. These plants need a defol and went into flower later so not much in terms of pistils and bud formation yet:

1626949432395.thumb.jpg.73de10943095a7a92cb37fab5f92ed3c.jpg

1626949432415.thumb.jpg.69f9f4065cf9b5ba7d3aec80dc9bcbd6.jpg

These plants went into flower towards the end of June, they were delayed a bit I feel due to the weird light cycle when I messed up the schedule on the sonoff but are now nicely on their way to some good bud being formed. Tent is starting to get nice and smelly now too which only started happening this week. I need to try even out the canopy a bit, may be difficult now as I left them for a bit too long.

A mix of strains as you can see, always requires work to get a flat canopy and I have not put the work and effort in as you can see - been busy and then the root aphid issue has kinda been a bit of a downer and put me off the grow a little, part of the reason for the delay in these pics being posted.

1626949432447.jpg.2c6826f8d9b778b76337dd082071169c.jpg

1626949432426.thumb.jpg.1a469a1201475d4183dbd80b30fdf09c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Fire! 4

27 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I took a video of the plants further into flower as well. Let's see how the video hosting does.

Otherwise I uploaded it here too: https://streamable.com/rcdtbp

Is it just me or do these videos lag like crazy? :-hairpull  I haven't been able to check one video from start to finish..

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, John Stonedwell said:

Is it just me or do these videos lag like crazy? :-hairpull  I haven't been able to check one video from start to finish..

The feature was enabled not too long ago. I'm afraid it was always a worry of mine that the site wouldn't be able to handle videos well. Hosting videos independently can come with a host of problems, especially if the hosting server isn't capable of handling it, which I was worried may be the case with this website and appears to be so.

Fortunately, there will be improvements to the video experience in the future but that will still be a while. 

• Like 3

Another quick update on the plants further into flower. I have staked all of them and did a heavy defol, see how it turns out. The stacking is coming along nicely - especially for some of the in house strains and compared to my previous run with them.

I need to finish adding the rest of the lights to the tent though, you can see it is dark behind the plants but the camera just makes it seem worse than it is, all plants are still receiving sufficient light PPFD.

1627544029365.jpg.0fc2511f5ef7298d663e5b710e53bc54.jpg

1627544029345.thumb.jpg.2146d645ca122cd3211b2c665ae056c3.jpg

1627544029355.thumb.jpg.4d144c455e2c346a4d7e4a1556061de7.jpg

1627544029329.thumb.jpg.aca5223684906c6e19772c7586d97908.jpg

For anyone wondering, those stakes are 1.4 and I pushed it as far down into the coco as I could. So around 1.4m from the ground - not from the top of the coco.

• Like 4
  • Fire! 6

2 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Very nicely done bud, I like how you've tied them up 💯

You have to, if you do not tie them now - you will be forced to do later when the stems start falling over due to the weight of the bud and it's even more of a ballsache to do it later as the bud is formed and sticker and the stems are already flopping over and it's easier for a branch to snap. :-hairpull

So decided to take the time and do it now already while I was doing the  defol. They're all tied to the single stake, so when they try flop outwards, the twist ties and stake catch them and keep them in place. We'll find out just how well it works in a few weeks time.

I previously tried those tomato cages, but they're not too enough and wasn't as ideal of a solution as I was hoping for. Still leads to all the colas clumping together and preventing light penetration and reducing air circulation.

3 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

You have to, if you do not tie them now - you will be forced to do later when the stems start falling over due to the weight of the bud and it's even more of a ballsache to do it later as the bud is formed and sticker and the stems are already flopping over and it's easier for a branch to snap. :-hairpull

So decided to take the time and do it now already while I was doing the  defol. They're all tied to the single stake, so when they try flop outwards, the twist ties and stake catch them and keep them in place. We'll find out just how well it works in a few weeks time.

I previously tried those tomato cages, but they're not too enough and wasn't as ideal of a solution as I was hoping for. Still leads to all the colas clumping together and preventing light penetration and reducing air circulation.

Ya I enjoy some type of netting, or stretch netting, but they definitely come with their own set of constraints. All very much depends on the style of growing. 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

Ya I enjoy some type of netting, or stretch netting, but they definitely come with their own set of constraints. All very much depends on the style of growing. 

100%

A few of my friends use scrog nets and I know @CreX has tried to get me to use a net, I think he even offered to help me get it installed once upon a time but for me and the way I want to manage my tent - just seems like more hassle to be honest.

I do however see the appeal behind it and feel it is a great option for many growers.

• Agree 1

So a few more pics...

A pic of the whole tent, as you can see there are plants in various stages inside this tent.

1627884104287.jpg.c8fc448b4c8795d950df90aca9b8d9d3.jpg

Here are some pics of a Black Cherry Pie by IHG, stacking nicely and frost is coming along. Not the frostiest strain I believe, not on the same level as the Sugarcane and other such strains.

1627884104276.thumb.jpg.4d04413acd4ac9b2e0c7b04947eb7ebe.jpg

1627884104266.thumb.jpg.7d938a48a4f4cdc9cb2829a54f7c7911.jpg

Here is a picture of the plants which went into flower on 12 July I think it was...

1627884104244.jpg.04f7917781ec378eb648b66702d1aa9b.jpg

1627884104255.thumb.jpg.ed263d8c2c559a6a72d1ef321feac23f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Fire! 11

I think the picture makes it look bigger than it is, combined with the fact that I have squeezed a "few" more plants than usual inside the tent.

I was able to do this because of the plants I got given did not get much training so it's a few colas which are pretty straight and lanky combined with the fact that they're inside smaller plastic pots... I could squeeze more plants and pots inside the tent and the angle makes it seem like a sea of green. lol

In person it is a bit different.

My problem has always been the plants in the back, you'd think getting 1.2m deep inside a tent wouldn't be too much of a mission - I like to make sure the tent is full as real estate is precious, so more often than not it is a bit of a mission but one I have become use to and learn how to manage a bit better. Automatic watering helps and staggering the tent helps too (ie. Not filling it all in one go), this helps ensure that you harvest half the tent while the other half still has a few weeks to go and give you time to get plants in, let them stretch and then defol before you put the other plants from the veg tent into flower.

I am really excited for this harvest, this week I am going to do another drench with some pesticides to ensure the root aphids are gone for good! So far it seems to me as if they have gone, fingers crossed. Hard to check and be 100% certain though so one more dose as a precaution I feel is worth it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

So I went on an expedition through the jungle...

1628780991531.thumb.jpg.7a795da3ebd6676b1cc1d239b15ab0cc.jpg

My mission, to find the sacred mary-gah-wannas

1628780991520.jpg.787c51e4be07ce5786d9ea4b6dd349e3.jpg

The plants which went into flower in July are stacking nicely. Still early days, bud needs to fatten up.

1628780991509.thumb.jpg.3f41c9e896eb24e66d7c4e74a10ba1d7.jpg

1628780991487.jpg.247dadaebced4901559ad8651a019ecb.jpg

The Black Cherry Pie is a little disappointing, frost is about average at best. Excuse the hair, must have been from me being in and out the tent while setting up the Blumats again. This went into flower end of June so further long into flower.

1628780991465.thumb.jpg.9cf808a5bf22efb082e1a2cac96602fe.jpg

1628780991453.thumb.jpg.78b8b0137a638b1709a592b40ec942b1.jpg

A lot of the frosty stuff went into flower in June - so still to come at least.

• Like 3
  • Fire! 7

On 7/15/2021 at 3:31 PM, PsyCLown said:

• Bananium (multiple phenos)
  • Platinum Punch (multiple phenos)
  • Frosted Apricots
  • Sugarcane
  • Slurricane
  • Slurrijug - I grew this out previously back in 2019 and it was good, this is a different pheno though...
  • Blunicorn
  • Twisted Helix (Thanks to @John Stonedwell for a cut of this, same pheno he is growing out)
  • Black Cherry Pie
  • Remo Chemo

Where's my cuts ? 😞

• Haha 2