Diary Complete New grower - first grow - Auto fem - full DIY

afternoon blazer

Howzit guys

I started this adventure trying to find the cheapest and simplest way to grow some good bud.

Unfortunatly from my personal experience. There isint really a cheap way.

If you dont want to be frustrated and and have issues all the time and have a successfull grow to be proud of.

U need to spend a decent amount of cash.

Enjoy. . . 

Germination

So i germinated 1 banana monkey seed from biltong and budz.

Thursday night(9-07-2020) 13 hours in a shot glass. Then moved to a paper towel. And a plastic bag and left in darkness near my modem for warmth.(10-07-2020) .Until a taproot was visible.

GROW setup

Big shoutout to the forum for helping me get this grow box right.

@CreX @Prom @Fridgedoor @StickyD420 @Bakstein420 @TheUltimateNoob @Ill_Evan @oldsandals @Totemic @ORGANinc.

Full DIY vegbox 500x700 x 1000 high (double wall cardboard)

2 x side intake vents cutout with net coverings.

1 x 150w acdc cool white floodlight (Highly reccomended by @Crex.

1 x high power pc extractor fan. 2 x air circulation pc desk fans inside.

1 x chinese air humidifier

2 x white box stands to raise the pots to the light.

Inside of the box was covered in foil. And then sprayed matt white for even light distribution.

Grow medium and nutez.

Freedom farms classic(green bag) Biobizz - gro- bloom-topmax            Seagro

2 galon fabric pots

Grow monitoring

Hygrometer for temp and himidity

Ph pen(ordered from wish)

Tds pen(ordered from wish)

No timer used.

Temperature range Night low 17 degrees Day high 26 degrees.

This grow box is solely for veging and providing the dark cycle for the plants. When flowering starts. Plants will be moved outside at specific times and back to dark at specific times.

I will start of with 24/0 And then with the advise advise of the forum change my cycle. Will probably use the veg light to extend the daylight hours just a little bit.

COSTING BREAKDOWN.

5 Seeds with delivery- R430

Nutrients biobizz nd seagro- R800

Syringe and jiffy starters- R20

Soil -R200

Fabric pot and sauser-R75

Pc extractor fan- free

Double wall Cardboard box-R140

Foil- free

Matt spray paint -R70

2 x circulation fans and cables-R120

Humidifier- R100

Hygrometer-R100

Veg light -R380

Extension cable and multiplug-R100

Ph pen+shipping -R150

Tds pen+ shipping - R140

Microscope+ shipping- R70

420 FORUM advise - FREE FREE FREE

Total = R2895

More to follow. . . 

CollageMaker_20200710_084407602.jpg

CollageMaker_20200710_085727166.jpg

CollageMaker_20200710_084655893.jpg

Edited by afternoon blazer
  • Like 11

Again, it's only a pleasure to help.

Which Lux app is that, looks like you can change some variables or Kelvin and such?

On Migro YouTube channel, he takes a Apogee PAR meter and actually tests it side by side a different app from the store, he has the link to it and tests it at different Kelvin too for reference, and lays it on a graph, to get slightly closer to the actual PAR of your light.

Might help...

So far excellent write up brother and await the next to come🤜🤛

Added: 

Edited by StickyD420
Video
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Again, it's only a pleasure to help.

Which Lux app is that, looks like you can change some variables or Kelvin and such?

On Migro YouTube channel, he takes a Apogee PAR meter and actually tests it side by side a different app from the store, he has the link to it and tests it at different Kelvin too for reference, and lays it on a graph, to get slightly closer to the actual PAR of your light.

Might help...

So far excellent write up brother and await the next to come🤜🤛

Thanks bro.

Yeah i came accross the migro video with converting lux to par. Thats how i ended up with the lux picture and the par picture.

So the top pic. Is a playstore app measuring the lux intensity at different heights from the light. ( LIGHT METER -Trajkovski labs) not adjustable

The bottom pic. Is the conversion from a website . From lux to par. At those same distances. 

• Thanks 1

Howzit guys I started this adventure trying to find the cheapest and simplest way to grow some good bud.

Unfortunatly from my personal experience. There isint really a cheap way.

If you dont want to be frustrated and and have issues all the time and have a successfull grow to be proud of.

U need to spend a decent amount of cash.

Enjoy. . . 

Germination

So i germinated 1 banana monkey seed from biltong and budz.

Thursday night(9-07-2020) 13 hours in a shot glass. Then moved to a paper towel. And a plastic bag and left in darkness near my modem for warmth.(10-07-2020) .Until a taproot was visible.

GROW setup

Big shoutout to the forum for helping me get this grow box right.

@CreX @Prom @Fridgedoor @StickyD420 @Bakstein420 @TheUltimateNoob @Ill_Evan @oldsandals @Totemic @ORGANinc.

Full DIY vegbox 500x700 x 1000 high (double wall cardboard)

2 x side intake vents cutout with net coverings.

1 x 150w acdc cool white floodlight (Highly reccomended by@CreX.

1 x high power pc extractor fan. 2 x air circulation pc desk fans inside.

1 x chinese air humidifier

2 x white box stands to raise the pots to the light.

Inside of the box was covered in foil. And then sprayed matt white for even light distribution.

Grow medium and nutez.

Freedom farms classic(green bag) Biobizz - gro- bloom-topmax            Seagro

2 galon fabric pots

Grow monitoring

Hygrometer for temp and himidity

Ph pen(ordered from wish)

Tds pen(ordered from wish)

No timer used.

Temperature range Night low 17 degrees Day high 26 degrees.

This grow box is solely for veging and providing the dark cycle for the plants. When flowering starts. Plants will be moved outside at specific times and back to dark at specific times.

I will start of with 24/0 And then with the advise advise of the forum change my cycle. Will probably use the veg light to extend the daylight hours just a little bit.

COSTING BREAKDOWN.

5 Seeds with delivery- R430

Nutrients biobizz nd seagro- R800

Syringe and jiffy starters- R20

Soil -R200

Fabric pot and sauser-R75

Pc extractor fan- free

Double wall Cardboard box-R140

Foil- free

Matt spray paint -R70

2 x circulation fans and cables-R120

Humidifier- R100

Hygrometer-R100

Veg light -R380

Extension cable and multiplug-R100

Ph pen+shipping -R150

Tds pen+ shipping - R140

Microscope+ shipping- R70

420 FORUM advise - FREE FREE FREE

Total = R2895

More to follow. . . 

CollageMaker_20200710_084407602.thumb.jpg.9a5340cd98aae26caf18969e28f214cc.jpg

CollageMaker_20200710_085727166.thumb.jpg.db550f86208c5264c9fc86c2f49fa6e2.jpg

CollageMaker_20200710_084655893.thumb.jpg.db364f170d74aa14e519566491670ff1.jpg

Aweee, nice one bro... Nice writeup as well. I feel honoured, lol. 

DIY stuff is awesome... And yeah, no one here wanted you to have a shitty first grow so what you had to spend to get up and running is kinda the minimum if you're starting from scratch. 

I spent a similar amount when I built my first box that had a bunch of cfls in it. Wish I thought of the LED flood lights though. 

Can't wait to see what comes of this. 

Happy Growing! 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ozzi said:

Small edit here bud: 420 FORUM advise - PRICELESS!

As a first time grower as well I've really been enjoying the journey of @zolrooker and @afternoon blazer. You guys have basically been asking all the question for me. Really learnt a lot in the last few weeks.

All the best and good luck!

Best of luck to you too buddy 👍👌lots still to learn from my side as well

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ozzi said:

Small edit here bud: 420 FORUM advise - PRICELESS!

As a first time grower as well I've really been enjoying the journey of @zolrooker and @afternoon blazer. You guys have basically been asking all the question for me. Really learnt a lot in the last few weeks.

All the best and good luck!

Glad to be of any help bro.

@Ozzi

Post some shit

Lets get a peak of what u working with.

• Like 2

What up 420 Fam.

Just a small update to keep the Diary going.

So the Banana Monkey i germinated got potted on Sunday Morning(12-07-20). With the seed cracked open. Into the root plug and final pot.

Sadly still nothing has broken through the soil. So just gona let it chill out for a while.

During the week. I was feeling abit irratated. So i germed another auto. SWEET TOOTH. Tuesday (14-07-20)

Seed felt better for some reason. 

Anyway. Same story shot glass. This time i did 24 hours.

Then paper towel and plastic bag for 18 hours. Temps about 28/29 degrees.

Awsome 15mm taproot shown this morning and she got potted. 

Put on a humidity dome. And popped her into the grow box. 

Lets hope its smooth sailing for now.

20200717_103722.jpg

• Like 5

What up lovely people.

So firstly. The did some investigating with seed 1 (banana monkey). Nothing was happening with the seed at all. Disapointing. But on we go.

And then there was 1. My second girl broke through the surface a little while ago. 🥳

Removed the humidity dome. And just gona let her chill tonight.

F#$% i waited a while for this shit.

We at the party now. Lets get it onnn.

IMG_20200718_200412.jpg

IMG_20200718_200416.jpg

• Like 1

What up Fam.

Hope everyone is doing good.

Just a small update.

Week 1- Day 3 since breaking through surface.

Shes looking good so far.

So gona keep it in the veg box for about 2 weeks. Get her abit stronger for the outdoors.

Currently raised the plants to the light.

Roughly about 300mm away now.

Helps with temp aswell.

Humidity is abit low. But i may turn on the hunidifier for some assistance.

I do have my extraction fan running currently. (Keep things abit cooler and fresher)

Been watering about once a day. Roughly 100ml per feeding. Plain tap water for first 2 weeks. (Tap water sits overnight)

Peace homies ✌

IMG_20200721_091647.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, zolrooker said:

Hey bro, please can you share where you got the PH pen, TDS and and microscope from?

Howzit bro.

Ordered it from "Wish"

But it takes a long ass wait. Like 2 months or so.

Was dirt cheap. But not sure how much quality to expect.

I did buy canvas pictures from them though. N was dam impressed. Lol.(1.5m x 900cm)(just the pictures. I had to made the frames)

So gave them a run again.

Also they have specials every 2nd/3rd day. 50 percent off ur order and shit. (Which is already F#$%ing cheap).

The world is weired sometimes.

Screenshot_20200722-142433_Wish.jpg

20200215_090634.jpg

• Like 1

What up Growmigos.

Update time.

Week 2 - day 8

Little girl goes out every morning into direct sunlight from 7:30am to 4:30pm.

Thereafter i move her into the grow box to supplement light for 24 hours on.

The veg light is about 350mm from top of plant. Temperatures are about 24 - 26 degrees inside.

She stands at around 50mm tall.

Have been watering every second/third day. With about 60-100ml of plain tap water. Left to stand overnight.

Gona be using the biobizz range. Grow. Bloom.topmax.

Should i start nutes this week. Or wait abit longer?

20200726_093929.jpg

20200726_093915.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimmy-z said:

Far too soon for nutes. Wait till node 4 or 5 and then only 1/4 strength or even weaker.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about node 4 or 5, but when you see those first hard leaf ears start to fade and turn light green, or worse, yellowing, then it's time, normally 3 or 4 weeks maybe 5.

• Thanks 1

What up Fam.

Small unrelated update.

So got lekker and excited and pumped on Saturday - 01-08-20

I had my last auto out of 3.

So i germd the sucker.

Hoping for a mid week potting.

Unfortunatly 4 days later and it aint growing a tap root. The shell has cracked open. But no root. 

(It was a very tiny seed to begin with)

Gelato samba - bulk seed bank

From biltong and budz.

Germd it exact same way as all seeds i have germd.

Shot glass. Sink. Paper towel. Baggie. Some heat.

Feel really disapointed that 2 of the 3 autos i bought didnt germ.

Also @Naughty.Psychonaut has the gelato samba from the same place. And his is looking fire currently.

Could be tons of reasons

From luck to genetics to size maybe n so on.

Sucks coz they were some banger seeds and the 1/3 autos is growing amazingly. As seen on this grow log.

Anyway. We cant be dwelling on the past it is what it is. Come too far to be discouraged right now.

So after some chatting to @CreX and @TheUltimateNoob and @ORGANinc. and @Fridgedoor on the weekend. i needed to get me some seeds for the next grow. Which needs to be germd to start getting a monthly harvest.

Purple purple purple. Dont get more gorgeous then that.

Shopped around. And wanted to try a different supplier to start getting a good feel for genetics and shit. Ordered on Sunday.

And they came knocking today. 😎😎

Side note. Welldone on the packing .

20200805_175143.jpg

20200805_184253.jpg

Edited by afternoon blazer
Forgot to add the seed pic
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Fridgedoor said:

Sorry to hear you had some bad luck with the seeds bro. But you're right it is what it is. Hope the new beans will germinate and the Gelato will make up for the loss! Are those from a local breeder?

This is the gelato. 3 days no taproot. Will give it a few days more. And then see.

Seeds from biltong and budz

18 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

Also @Naughty.Psychonaut has the gelato samba from the same place. And his is looking fire currently.

What's up, bud! 

You must have me confused with another forum member, I am not growing a gelato at the moment, although I wish I was! 

Hope all the best with your new seed, excited to see how things unfold!