1st Clone Grow - All Hail Skunkpharm's Quality Street Assortment

Psylecta

Was lucky enough to arrange a small batch of clones from @SkunkPharm 

Many thanks for hooking me up with the superior AAA+ genetics --- I'm incredibly grateful!!

Have prepped & labeled the pots, will be collecting clones shortly, after which I'll upload images

This grow diary will be documenting the following 3 strains gifted to me by @SkunkPharm

1x - Alien Tarantula (Obsol33t Genetics)

1x - Orange Cake Kush (Ethos)

1x - Slurricane (In-House Genetics)

Super excited to grow these ultra dank strains - #My3Wives😍😂

Edited by Psylecta
  • Like 9

Have potted them & placed them in a shady area to get them used to the outdoor sun - They looking sweet - gonna be beauties for sure!

Forgot to mention the Slurricane might not be a Slurry (Skunk mentioned he's not 100% sure & put a '?' on the tag) will definitely be able to tell once it buds out, the frost on those buds will make a snowman jealous

037.thumb.JPG.eb0c824640c2d733c0dce85160fa7a9f.JPG

031.thumb.JPG.a707a36d84e6a322fdaab44e65fb0832.JPG

034.thumb.JPG.1f2d05578e2e471dabc5d0a3599f337f.JPG

039.thumb.JPG.9cb6f1a9ad7c23bb79e8c74a3c82e792.JPG

042.thumb.JPG.bdfa4102d2b25101b4c3b4e0ecd7b389.JPG

Will update these guys once a week

Thanks once again @SkunkPharm

You are legendary!! All Hail SkunkPharm!!😁💃👑💃😁

038.JPG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Lekker man. Hope they are going to get some additional evening light, otherwise they are going to start flowering. 

@Totemic Yip they most definitely will be getting extra light at night - which reminds me I need to replace all my CFL's for ones with higher wattage (using 2x sometimes 3x 11w cool daylight bulbs wired in parralel)

While I obviously know these 2x/3x 11w's don't do much (if anything) for growing,  with regards to preventing flowerimg they definately seem to do the trick 

I've read 1x 42w is better than running 4x 11w's - but wouldn't using 4x bulbs (11w) setup with 3x bulbs around sides of plant at 12:00, 16:00 & 20:00 provide more light than 1x 42w shining from top only?

Any insights - read a lot of conflicting information - I understand the 42w penetrates further (more lumens at further distance) but wouldnt setting up smaller bulbs around the circumference of plant cancel this out?

• Like 2

@SkunkPharm you definitely 100% right when you say these guys are more resilient tgan i think!

I've left them in direct sun since this morning, have been checking on them every hour or so & so far not a single one wilting!!

Im impressed as every other clone I've tried to plant after actually getting it to root always kakked out in direct sun, sometimes recovers during night but always dies a week later (haven't got rooting hormone & used a makeshift propogator- probably be why I'm got a low success rate)

@SkunkPharm you definitely 100% right when you say these guys are more resilient tgan i think!
I've left them in direct sun since this morning, have been checking on them every hour or so & so far not a single one wilting!!
Im impressed as every other clone I've tried to plant after actually getting it to root always kakked out in direct sun, sometimes recovers during night but always dies a week later (haven't got rooting hormone & used a makeshift propogator- probably be why I'm got a low success rate)
The light you have them under plays a role too I believe, going from decent light to sun isn't a problem.

Going for poor lights to sun can be, or so I've heard.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The light you have them under plays a role too I believe, going from decent light to sun isn't a problem.

Hey bud. If you haven't got rooting hormone try using the sap from an aloe plant.
There you have it, another use for this super plant.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

@PsyCLown The cool daylight spectrum? Yeah I've read if you going to use CFL for veg that this is the ideal spectrum - I've also ran a warm warm white combined with cool daylight and have ran each one alone overnight on the Swazi with no after effects once taken into sun

(I have to mention I've never germinated/grown seedling using ONLY indoor lighting so could be my guys were already used to sun? - only time I've failed from going indoor to outdoor is with clones)

the Swazi plants definitely react to it cause the leaves start bending towards it (however can't say whether this is because of the light or an increase in temperature from going from outdoor to indoor) but one things absolutely for sure is they don't stretch or grow under that light at all -  even under 2x 11w's while keeping the light between 1 & 2cm max away from plant overnight - but nada just perks the leaves up and keeps it 'awake' - no growth regardless of spectrum so must be wattage but my concern is how's a 42w bulb gonna make a diff when 3x 11w's do nothing

I remember the first time I saw a buddy growing with a CFL on facebook 2/3 years ago, I filled the comment section with 3 rows of 😂 & asked him where on earth did he hear he can grow with an energy saving bulb - now look the old skool folk who were die hard on HPS & HID are mostly using LEDS!!!

I'll take a leap of faith and say in another decade every tom dick and harry will probably be growing weed using their mobiles flashlight

Edited by Psylecta

31 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Hey bud. If you haven't got rooting hormone try using the sap from an aloe plant.
There you have it, another use for this super plant.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

@DamDave Many thanks for that!!!! Always keen on 'natural' alternatives, besides, can never have too much Aloe!

19 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Looking rather dry.

With this hot weather, make sure not to let them dry up too much.

Yeah I've been watering the plug with a bigass syringe (100ml) slowly letting it seep down the plug then cover it with a bit of dry coco so it doesn't dry out - I'm a bit reluctant to saturate the soil just yet (especially the slurry) but if you reckon I'm being a bit too paranoid please feel free to drop a suggestion 

• Like 1

Just done that a hour ago, went on the safe side and split 1.5l among the 3 plants - soil wasnt completely dried out an inch down into medium so i wasn't all too concerned about the top being dry cause when I transplanted I made sure medium was nicely soaked (+ I have chunky vermiculite in there) but yea but when checking on them now OKC & AT are praying big time, slurry will get there especially if she is infact thirsty.

When's the best time to start following a feeding schedule?

• Like 1

So the queens have an outdoor castle fitted with thrones and a moat lmao

Propped the pots on 2 bricks inside a large round pot, got it filled with water (below brick) to trap any asshole pests trying to invade 

Leaves drooped slightly after the watering - perhaps they were thirsty will keep a close eye as usual

003.thumb.JPG.873389329eb2b208da9f87e3fd1f11b4.JPG

001.thumb.JPG.6ec1f63f1fe61acaf2b39b0a32b5f7c5.JPG

• Like 1

When's the best time to start following a feeding schedule?

They're already rooted, right?
Are they in soil or coco?

In coco, you start one with a low dose. First true leaves dose should be fine.
In soil you could possibly get away with them not getting any feed or you can use a low dose as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

They're already rooted, right?

Are they in soil or coco?

In coco, you start one with a low dose. First true leaves dose should be fine.
In soil you could possibly get away with them not getting any feed or you can use a low dose as well.

Yeah rooted already 

Medium = About 15% Soil - 85% coco/perlite premix (70/30 -added a bag of chunky vermiculite + a bag of castings to premix)

Fed them yesterday with a 1/4 dose of grow and half a dose of micro - slurry is looking happier and they all perky