Jump to content

Sober October


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

I had a 14day break recently. I had Lyme Disease and took antibiotics and lots of pain pills. So just thought my body needs a break from the rest.

That is pretty hectic, picked up early I assume.

 

I watched that documentary on Netflix called Unwell - the last episode was about bee sting therapy and lyme disease, but severe cases where it was not picked up in time.

 

Not sure when last I took a tolerance break. I think it was for around a week or two maybe 2 months back.

Been thinking about doing one, but not sure.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I only do/did tolerance breaks when I had to go on educational trips for work.

I don't smoke a lot. 0.5-1 gram in the evening and sometimes a one hitter as wake and bake. I feel I don't really build up a tolerance that way. 

In the beginning of lockdown I started to smoke non-stop and pretty soon I just couldn't get the effect I was aiming for anymore. No matter how much I smoked/vaped. That's why I decided to get back to my regular program.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

Nice thread man! Very good idea, I wish I could pull a whole month. I get by with 2 days every now and then. Good luck with it bro! Will be good to hear a review on the first smoke after a whole month lol.

Thanks bru👍 looking forward to my next smoke too... Will give you an update in a month...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

I had a 14day break recently. I had Lyme Disease and took antibiotics and lots of pain pills. So just thought my body needs a break from the rest.

Sorry to hear that bud. Hope you fully recovered and everything is back to normal... 👊

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Took a mandatory 2 mnth break from March this year for work medicals, only to get hit with Covid. Medicals got postponed to July, all told 5mnths break.  Was not very lekker....

Didn't stop growing though and the comeback was epic.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Bos said:

Took a mandatory 2 mnth break from March this year for work medicals, only to get hit with Covid. Medicals got postponed to July, all told 5mnths break.  Was not very lekker....

Didn't stop growing though and the comeback was epic.

I applaud your willpower 👏👏👏

2 months is a long time... let alone 5

Can't begin to imagine what that comeback smoke was like😀🔥

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, PapaSpliff said:

Hey Guys, 

I decided to do a "Sober October" as my tolerance break (got the idea from the Joe Rogan Experience). So no smoking or drinking for this month for me...

Was wondering, when did you take your last tolerance break and for how long did you go??

✌️

Ages ago, i find i generally build a tolerance to a specific strain as opposed to general THC tolerance as switching strains usually does the trick (especially noticed this in Canada) as ive found smoking the same strain daily for a 2 weeks + you'll notice your consumption slowly start going up on the second week (at $10-$15/gram one keeps meticulous track lol ) but switch strains every week and you getting more bang for buck & enjoying variety at the same time

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. I'm halfway through my "Sober October" and thought I'd let you know how it was going.

At the start I was wondering just how or if I'd be able to pull this off. Have to say that putting your mind to it is the first step. Apart from the first day, days 3,4 and 5 were the hardest, as I questioned why the hell I was actually putting myself through this. Knowing it was in my best interest, I powered on... After dragging through the first week, the second week was actually quite easy and smooth sailing... 

So far so good👍 2 more weeks to go...✌️ 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, PapaSpliff said:

Hey guys. I'm halfway through my "Sober October" and thought I'd let you know how it was going.

At the start I was wondering just how or if I'd be able to pull this off. Have to say that putting your mind to it is the first step. Apart from the first day, days 3,4 and 5 were the hardest, as I questioned why the hell I was actually putting myself through this. Knowing it was in my best interest, I powered on... After dragging through the first week, the second week was actually quite easy and smooth sailing... 

So far so good👍 2 more weeks to go...✌️ 

Great work man! ☝🏻🙌🏻 Definitely inspiring me to pull up my pants and set some goals like that 👌🏻 Welldone! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

So, Sober October was called to an end last night👏👏👏...

Feeling great after this month's detox. Started a training schedule, and putt on some weight at the same time.👍 Hope to keep up with the training in the weeks to come...

Blazed up a spliff after 1month, some blue dream from my last harvest... like a noob, I didn't need much, only got to about halfway and it was more than enough 😂...

Then went trick-or-treating with the offspring... Sweet tooth sorted after that😀

Be safe bro's✌️

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, PapaSpliff said:

So, Sober October was called to an end last night👏👏👏...

Feeling great after this month's detox. Started a training schedule, and putt on some weight at the same time.👍 Hope to keep up with the training in the weeks to come...

Blazed up a spliff after 1month, some blue dream from my last harvest... like a noob, I didn't need much, only got to about halfway and it was more than enough 😂...

Then went trick-or-treating with the offspring... Sweet tooth sorted after that😀

Be safe bro's✌️

Very cool man! 👍🏻 Well done!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Seriously well done on being sober for 1 month. I was supposed be "drinking" sober this month. It went as well as the ANC manages municipalities. Besides that I always try and detox every now and again though, go for a couple weeks without drink, smoke or sugar. Come from bad genetics with substance abuse problems, so its something I try and stay on top of.  So movember is out, Stupid for me to try in December as we making moonshine and I have to taste, judge, dive in. But yeah new year, new me, new rules BS. Maybe Feb. Great to see someone showing their will power.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Chris Jay said:

Seriously well done on being sober for 1 month. I was supposed be "drinking" sober this month. It went as well as the ANC manages municipalities. Besides that I always try and detox every now and again though, go for a couple weeks without drink, smoke or sugar. Come from bad genetics with substance abuse problems, so its something I try and stay on top of.  So movember is out, Stupid for me to try in December as we making moonshine and I have to taste, judge, dive in. But yeah new year, new me, new rules BS. Maybe Feb. Great to see someone showing their will power.

Haha, that escalated quickly.

Went from October to Feb - a good 5 months delay, almost half a year of delays in a post.

 

Good luck though, not as easy as it may seem 🙂 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shhhhh, I dont need that type of negative attitude, but you are right, time flies when you having fun. Highbo, was also given shrooms today. So I should be able to squeeze those in between that time. Another gardener mate of mine always does a clean month Feb, cause its  the shortest month. So lets just forget about November damnit.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Quote

But yeah new year, new me, new rules BS. Maybe Feb. Great to see someone showing their will power.

Well stuff me sideways, February is almost come and gone, just like that. @PsyCLown, half a year already!!! Damnit.  Its the 11th of Feb, booze was only legalized again in Feb, had a couple cool evenings with some stoners and bar flies, have 100 litres of brew on the pot.

I know and respect a very top local breeder who makes seriously good moonshine and does not touch it himself. So been debating the entire day about booze. Anyway been clean of the most dangerous drug in the world for about 4 days, and decided to go sober for a couple bumpy weeks ahead ( 30 days to break a habit ). Might do weed soon, but someone will die, so small steps. Thanks for the inspiration with your post @PapaSpliff, I am chucking a training schedule in too.

Edited by Chris Jay
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My detox is going well. no problems, easy sailing. So take my partner into town to go on our weekly supply run this morning, do some posting, run some errands. Get home, unpack, have lunch, get to work and now realise all our animals are pissed. While we were out, they broke into the stoep, main pig pushed the gate open for the swarm and started a feeding frenzy on the left overs of moonshine wash. Pointed at my partner and said, her children. Its not the end of the world, its a fairly light volume of alcohol, but still reminds me of how careful we have to be.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hear you guys, and well done to those that made their goals! I just broke my Feb detox, it was going ok till a few days ago I get a message that there's Tallymon and Tropicana Punch in the mix that I "have to try", couldnt help myself!  Weakling!

I don' think I was fully committed though, will have to get in the right mindset next time, this shit is not easy. Since lockdown I've been smoking too much for my pocket and tolerance. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...