Diary Complete First grow - Deluxe Sugarcane & Friends

Martin7318

@donnob, I appreciate the input, dude! I think I'll give them another week or 2 and re-evaluate.I don't plan to SCROG this time around and I'm aware of the stretch that happens, at this stage they could quadruple in height and still be okay. Plants are roughly 25cm high from soil. My thoughts were to have that reach about 35cm and begin flower, but that would also require me to now stop tying them down and actually start letting them naturally grow otherwise they just become wider. I'm a little conflicted and have been hoping for one of those "when you know, you know" moments 😂.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

@donnob, I appreciate the input, dude! I think I'll give them another week or 2 and re-evaluate.I don't plan to SCROG this time around and I'm aware of the stretch that happens, at this stage they could quadruple in height and still be okay. Plants are roughly 25cm high from soil. My thoughts were to have that reach about 35cm and begin flower, but that would also require me to now stop tying them down and actually start letting them naturally grow otherwise they just become wider. I'm a little conflicted and have been hoping for one of those "when you know, you know" moments 😂.

Yea, getting them taller does have advantages, you're able to defoliate around the legs and manage the air flow better, if you have a decent light that reaches down your plant you could use the extra bud sites to make yourself some massive colas

In the end, it's what works for you and your circumstance and your setup. Having a clear idea of when you're going to pull the trigger does help making the decision easier, for now and for refining your method in the future.. so your goal of 35cm above ground is a pretty clear set intent, no need to be conflicted 💪 And if you find at the end that it didn't work the way you liked, you always have a metric that you can revise, let's rather do 45cm or 60cm, or you might find no difference in yield between vegging 6 weeks or 10 weeks and you can cut a month out, it's always a learning curve and you'll find your own groove eventually.

Good luck dude

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I decided this would be my last week of Veg. The ladies have popped up a bit and I don't want to risk running out of both pot and tent space 😅.

Tomorrow I'll plug in my 3rd light, change the timers over to 12/12, and give them their first shot of BioBloom. I'm quite excited to begin this new phase of learning, I like to believe I've done well this far 😂.

Here's a final look at the ladies in their vegetative form!

20210926_175723.thumb.jpg.df13b43b7faeb7dafc4c79a49583d02c.jpg

(Sunday 26.09)

20210930_190706.thumb.jpg.11081b4f662f1655b2d6650d0d0e946c.jpg

(Thursday 30.09)

20211002_005357.thumb.jpg.36fa611a73388e364a59a1065024e046.jpg

(Friday 01.10)

• Like 4
  • Fire! 2

Just a little update on my bag seed growing outside. I fear my initial worries are coming true, not enough light where I've put them so 2 of the 3 actually look to be in pre-flower if not flowering already.

I've attached a pic of the 1, I think I see balls, although what looks like white hairs on top. Could do with some assistance on the sex if possible 😅.

I suspect these will end up in re-veg if left like this, not sure if they're worth the time and effort anymore.

20211002_164056.jpg

20211002_164132.jpg

20211002_164222.jpg

20211002_164235.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like balls to me dude (not that I know balls too well)

What I do with outdoor sometimes is I supplement with a plain 100w LED flood light. So depending on how much Sun they get etc. I even veg in early winter sometimes with extra light from the LED and switch it off when I want to flower. I also like using the LED if I take clones that have been receiving 24 hours light and then plant them outside. Even though they go from 20 hours light to 14 hours light, sometimes they flip to flower because it is a huge difference between 20 and 14 hours. The LED stays outside permanently and being used to extend the days of the plants. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

Just a little update on my bag seed growing outside. I fear my initial worries are coming true, not enough light where I've put them so 2 of the 3 actually look to be in pre-flower if not flowering already.

I've attached a pic of the 1, I think I see balls, although what looks like white hairs on top. Could do with some assistance on the sex if possible 😅.

I suspect these will end up in re-veg if left like this, not sure if they're worth the time and effort anymore.

20211002_164056.jpg

20211002_164132.jpg

20211002_164222.jpg

20211002_164235.jpg

You have yourself some thai ladyboys.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 4

Yep! No doubt there anymore. The other 2 have also shown to have some serious balls 😂. Totally explains their willingness to adapt and overcome, they pushed through all they had against them. Will be sad giving them the good 'ol snipping.

In other news, day 2 of Flower, I'm itching to see the fruits of my labour! They are growing like mad now, loving the extra light and fancy new nutrients. @Prom, I took the dive and got some of that Bio-Heaven. Also got some Top Max today to start adding. Super excited about the next few weeks!

20211002_211108.thumb.jpg.1f871add263d956b2c32c4528ac81e80.jpg

20211003_200912.thumb.jpg.e67ed0f0c466608631d1da9abf5fb7b2.jpg

20211004_211526.thumb.jpg.04d450158c093ec0d69586f89db89af5.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Martin7318 said:

So... I'm no professional, hey. But I do believe a got a tent full of confirmed females! 😂

These ladies decided today was their day, the difference in the last 24hrs alone has blown me away haha.

So, I need defoliation advice please. As specific as possible. What do I do?? 😅

20211012_200705.jpg

20211012_200733.jpg

20211012_200743.jpg

20211012_200804.jpg

20211012_200811.jpg

Doesn’t look like you need to defoliate yet bud, I would wait to stretch settles, you can however clean the lowers leaves that you are certain are not receiving light. And then it seems you may have a magnesium deficiency. But some phenos do that even with the addition of magnesium, for instance I had the same thing happen with a deluxe sugarcane pheno. So maybe a Epsom’s drench 1/2 tsp per 5l will do okay, if no changes don’t stress about it. Maybe do it another 2/3 applications. And then you can atleast be sure they have adequate magnesium 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

So... I'm no professional, hey. But I do believe a got a tent full of confirmed females! 😂

These ladies decided today was their day, the difference in the last 24hrs alone has blown me away haha.

So, I need defoliation advice please. As specific as possible. What do I do?? 😅

20211012_200705.jpg

20211012_200733.jpg

20211012_200743.jpg

20211012_200804.jpg

20211012_200811.jpg

Oh yes and they look swell man 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

it seems you may have a magnesium deficiency

All 3 of my plants have had the weird light and dark colours on the leaves and I wondered if it may be a deficiency. I was spraying with Epsom before flipping to flower but thought I should stop. I've also now just read that low PH could cause Magnesium deficiency so I'm thinking I should calibrate my pen to be sure it's not that. I can't really tell if it's getting any worse or better because I've seen it throughout my whole grow and I think I look at them too often 😂. I appreciate the advice, will definitely look in to it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

3rd week of flower is done, and I'm flippen amazed watching these babies grow! 😂. Seeing all the little pistols sprouting like mad and watching frost form on the leaves already is getting me super excited!

I gripped the girlfriends camera and went mad, decided to dump a couple of them here.

IMG_1561.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1578.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1592.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

• Like 9

11 hours ago, John Stonedwell said:

You should borrow your girlfriends camera more often. :-thumbsup

Thank you for your kind words, good sir. I'll definitely be stealing that camera more often, doesn't do too well with the really close-up stuff though 😂

4 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Looking great! How far into flower are you again?

Thanks, man! Saturday will be 4 weeks. So we're just past 3 and a half weeks now 🙌🏼

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Been almost 2 weeks since last update, week 15 of the grow, currently in the 7th week of flower.

I've been struggling with nutes, following the schedule was going great until about 3rd week of flower. The nute burn got worse and what I'd guess is some nitrogen toxicity plagued the tent. Still growing and looking decent in my unprofessional opinion. I keep having to remind myself that it's my first grow and this is how I learn 😂. Flowers gaining weight and I'm having to mcguyver plans to keep them up straight, seems to be doing the job 😅

I'd say we're getting pretty close now, 2-3 weeks and we're ready to chop??  🤘

IMG_1656.JPG

IMG_1660.JPG

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1689.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1712.JPG

• Like 5