Diary Complete First grow - Deluxe Sugarcane & Friends

Martin7318

51 minutes ago, Prom said:

@Martin7318 Which Environoc, 101, 201, 301, 401 or 501? 

If you didn't gave any Biobizz yet, the soil is to hot or your Environoc (some strange stuff there.. the number is key) did that, would be my first guess, they came out fine at first 

It is Environoc 401, sorry. The Environoc was suggested by the guy I bought all the equipment from. He used and praised the stuff.

I went and bought some FF and the guy there said he thinks they're hungry. The opposites in opinion are super confusing 😅

1 minute ago, Martin7318 said:

My soil PH meter definitely isn't indicating that it's low. Checked all pots last night and they all seem to be on the high side of 6 ph?

Those things in my opinion are a gimmick 

Even then a pH of high 6 isn't great for such a coco based medium. Again my opinion 

You most certainly have a lockout there tho, and could be Magnesium def too

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

If it was me, 

Pot up, new soil will help.

Water it in, properly, with 100% rainwater and nothing else.

Then Epsom salt on my next feed, but no Biodyne till they healthy, and check pH of the water after adding everything in.

The rain water is a solid negative. Don't have that available to me. I was told to PH my water at 6.5 (?). It's either that or my 8.3 ph tap water unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Those things in my opinion are a gimmick 

Even then a pH of high 6 isn't great for such a coco based medium. Again my opinion 

You most certainly have a lockout there tho, and could be Magnesium def too

16 minutes ago, GGG said:

Pot up brother

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

I got some slightly bigger pots, I'll get on it tonight and hope for the best. Thanks guys.

Edited by Martin7318

They shouldn't be hungry in fresh soil.. they look better too. Is to early to be hungry ^^ they haven't taken over the pot yet. Let them dry up and grow a bit more, and repot with the FF soil. 

I would skip the Biodyne, lawn dressing ^^ and just use the BioBizz Grow during veg and get the bloom with a bottle of Top Max or any other silica booster and a 150 rand bottle amino boost, use that stuff already now.

Just to be sure you don't bug them but give some needed nitrogen, wet very soft with a 1ml Grow solution. Let your pots dry up after. And go 2ml per liter Grow... only water when they need.. lift that pot 😛

Edited by Prom
  • Like 1

Oeps pressed send to quick.
The medium will buffer up by itself but don't water above 6,5 it doesn't buffer down. You can use the Biodine to take ph of your water down , I take my rainwater and ph it down with 1ml/L Probiotics , whoop and bobs your uncle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

The rain water is a solid negative. Don't have that available to me. I was told to PH my water at 6.5 (?). It's either that or my 8.3 ph tap water unfortunately.

I got some slightly bigger pots, I'll get on it tonight and hope for the best. Thanks guys.

You probably know this...Pour tap water in a bucket and let it sit for 24hours for the chlorine to evaporate...voila...nice, clean(er) water for your plants. 

• Agree 3

I decided to go ahead with the repot.

I started with the first 1 and to my surprise I saw what I'd describe as healthy ass roots. I left the pots quite dry on top to get rid of some of the other soil and popped them straight in to the FF. From the varying comments I imagine some will say I should have done it differently, others will say I did the right thing. The longer I'm a part of this awesome community the more I realize that although there is a definite science behind it, with loads of particulars, there are plenty ways to skin this cat.

I'm here to learn and if my plants die I've got the seeds to start again, I'm learning and enjoying it.
Thanks to all who have shared their wisdom thus far. I truly appreciate it.

20210818_195851.jpg

20210818_195917.jpg

20210818_200322.thumb.jpg.4dbd6134aafd43164a7b008ce00a69fb.jpg

20210818_200823.jpg

20210818_204612.jpg

Edited by Martin7318
  • Like 5
  • Fire! 1

GREAT 🥳 you gona be fine those roots look good man

yip, listen go back to the guy at the grow shop who told you that plant is hungry and ask him if it was his first day at the job? Don't wana be mean but in that position you cannot be telling people that crazy stuff!!! 🤯 

cannabis plants will grow 100% fine from the trace amount of nutrients in pure clean water for up to 2 months depending on strain before starting to become hungry. surely in a soil loaded with nutes this cannot be the case. but now that you got some FF it will be much easier to narrow down the situation. you got enough food in FF soil to last you a good while.

A few good rules to follow in a organic situation is "Rather too little than too much" and "Let your plant tell you she's dry and hungry then feed her, instead of overfeeding and then having to deal with root damage". lift the pots 😁

did you water them in with 5.8ph water? 

with a living soil situation you gotta aim for the 5.5 to 5.9 range when the plant is young then you gradually raise the ph as the plant gets older never going over 6.5. 

take ph readings once everythings mixed into the water already, then adjust if needed. 

as mentioned the soil can buffer up from 4.5 or so, but I will try my best to keep it in range at this point. bring all these little things in check and you'll see your olant explode with new growth. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

GREAT 🥳 you gona be fine those roots look good man

yip, listen go back to the guy at the grow shop who told you that plant is hungry and ask him if it was his first day at the job? Don't wana be mean but in that position you cannot be telling people that crazy stuff!!! 🤯 

cannabis plants will grow 100% fine from the trace amount of nutrients in pure clean water for up to 2 months depending on strain before starting to become hungry. surely in a soil loaded with nutes this cannot be the case. but now that you got some FF it will be much easier to narrow down the situation. you got enough food in FF soil to last you a good while.

A few good rules to follow in a organic situation is "Rather too little than too much" and "Let your plant tell you she's dry and hungry then feed her, instead of overfeeding and then having to deal with root damage". lift the pots 😁

did you water them in with 5.8ph water? 

with a living soil situation you gotta aim for the 5.5 to 5.9 range when the plant is young then you gradually raise the ph as the plant gets older never going over 6.5. 

take ph readings once everythings mixed into the water already, then adjust if needed. 

as mentioned the soil can buffer up from 4.5 or so, but I will try my best to keep it in range at this point. bring all these little things in check and you'll see your olant explode with new growth. 

I'm honestly done with grow shops and their sales talk 😅... I asked about PH while there yesterday and the same dude as well as another customer in the shop told me to PH at 6.5. Then told me I should never go below 6.3 or above 6.7. The guy that convinced me to go for the 420 mix was also at a grow shop. A different shop. Also had a guy tell me he's not going to talk to me because I know too much, this while asking him questions clearly confused. He went on to help other customers 😂. The 1 shop I had a good experience in was the shop I walked in, made a purchase and left. 1/4.

So, no, I used ph down to get it to 6.5 and watered with that. How would you suggest I do the next watering? Drop straight down to 5.6/5.7?

Some great info here. Thank you!

If there's a limit on how much 1 should post here, admin, please let me know.
But I'm so happy seeing this little one in all its glory this afternoon
IMG-20210819-WA0010.thumb.jpeg.a62301006f33e01161a7e634b273670c.jpeg
No limit brother , post

• Haha 1

PH is one of the most important thing , that's where most deficiencys can be corrected.
With hydro PH check is a must , veg is different than flower also .
With soil it's debatable , microbes in general sort out the ph , nature runs on rainwater ( by me it's 7,2) . But soil with lots of Coco in is another PH , some Coco buffers up and down and the soil I'm using buffers up to 6,5 , so I can give water that 5ph and it's fine but I can't really give just plain rainwater although I do sometimes and my little microbe friends helps me. I think barky soil has a low pH , correct me if I'm wrong. But there will always be different opinions if nobody knows what we grow in . Most of the fermented feedings bring ph down , I don't measure anymore , with time I know just add so much ml of this and that and all good.
You on the right track with the FF Premium brother.
Btw your roots look fine . As @Prom suggested they need food now . Follow his advise he has nailed BioBizz feeding down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking good man! Now we just need to get those leaves a little greener as @Prom mentioned, there should be enough nutrient in the soil to sort her out for a little while. Those leaves look mighty perky though, good job!

As happy as a pig seedling in s#@! FF Premium Classic 😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Prom, @The_StonedTrooper, @GGG, @Pants, @donnob

Thanks for the comments guys, definitely been an exciting 2 days now. All 3 looking pretty good, only the 1 with some pretty sad looking first leaves. I'm wondering if the Evironoc did that to them, possibly got some on the leaves while watering. I don't know. New growth looks healthy so I'm not concerned about it any more.

Here's to a new week! 🤘😁🤘

• Like 3