Joker CBD - Photo and First Coco Grow

Orcanic

The bent stem from Plant A looks pretty much dead to me..

I'm guessing this means that the remaining stem will turn back into the main one? Thinking of just topping that one again because the plant is growing nicely again and don't see any stress.

1182245251_WhatsAppImage2021-05-12at21_08_25.thumb.jpeg.36294410c1b2d8ee3e8ce26da821c122.jpeg

Edited by Orcanic
added pics

9 minutes ago, Orcanic said:

The Bent Cola from Plant A is pretty much dead.

I'm guessing this means that the remaining cola will turn back into a main cola? Thinking of just topping that one again because the plant is growing nicely again and don't see any stress.

Feedback on that idea would be great 😛

Uniformity is out the window but you'll definitely have a Frankenstein sort of plant structure. Top that shit ekse!

• Like 1

Just now, Weskush said:

Uniformity is out the window but you'll definitely have a Frankenstein sort of plant structure. Top that shit ekse!

Haha yeah thanks. I think it's gonna look cool :-rastapuff

I think I'll top it soon or in the morning

(added pics btw)

If the branch has not died, I'd say leave it for now.

Cannabis is great at recovering, I accidentally pretty much clean took off a branch on my one plant, just had a bit of the side hanging on still and it survived and repaired itself and produced great bud on that cola still.

The break does not look bad, will likely fatten up that section and then see some explosive growth afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 May 2021

Weekly update - unfortunately the bent stem just kept dying off so I decided to cut it and top the remaining one. The new growth looks a bit brown but we'll see. Also did some defoliating on both plants as they were really bushy

1415026904_WhatsAppImage2021-05-16at19_01_36.thumb.jpeg.1e931ff0985b6a814771ca31c205128a.jpeg841416940_WhatsAppImage2021-05-16at19_01_34.thumb.jpeg.677d5af1b7d1738d698bc3eca4196e83.jpeg

87386729_WhatsAppImage2021-05-16at19_01_35.thumb.jpeg.df54a91e0a76a1a13867c2fe50212fc6.jpeg9650898_WhatsAppImage2021-05-16at19_01.35(1).thumb.jpeg.632655baa7a26bd7015da4f658caa085.jpeg

Edited by Orcanic
  • Like 1

I'm thinking of getting a net with smaller gaps, the stems are getting quite thick so might be challenging to weave them without causing damage.

Then I could use the current one for the stretch later on.

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orcanic said:

I'm thinking of getting a net with smaller gaps, the stems are getting quite thick so might be challenging to weave them without causing damage.

Then I could use the current one for the stretch later on.

Any thoughts?

Yea you could go with that route and than use the current net for the stretch. Look into using silica in your grows, Its said to strengthen plant cells making bending & (LST) a lot easier without worrying of snapping. 

Edited by Marzcanna
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marzcanna said:

Yea you could go with that route and than use the current net for the stretch. Look into using silica in your grows, Its said to strengthen plant cells making bending & (LST) a lot easier without worrying of snapping. 

Interesting, thanks. I’ll look into that💪🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marzcanna said:

I believe only in hydro, not in soil, as the soil has already silica, in different form, and the plant in soil, couldnt or wouldnt benefit from added liquid silica. 

My understanding. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I admit i have only used silica with coco with no issue, as for soil 100 percent correct soil already has silica but there are growers using it in soil with great success, i have not tried it in soil myself to be able to comment on it tho

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marzcanna said:

I admit i have only used silica with coco with no issue, as for soil 100 percent correct soil already has silica but there are growers using it in soil with great success, i have not tried it in soil myself to be able to comment on it tho

You can do it in low enough dosages with good effect until the soil has had enough, and then you in a bad state. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

You can do it in low enough dosages with good effect until the soil has had enough, and then you in a bad state. 

Makes sense. I was planing on using it in soil aswel but now you guys have  made me wary of it 

Edited by Marzcanna

Silica is incredibly alkaline. Whenever I use it I make sure to pH the solution back to reasonable levels, even before adding any nutrients. 

I have used silica in both coco and soil without issue, usually just for veg to give the plants a boost in immunity and never the max dose. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Silica is incredibly alkaline. Whenever I use it I make sure to pH the solution back to reasonable levels, even before adding any nutrients. 

I have used silica in both coco and soil without issue, usually just for veg to give the plants a boost in immunity and never the max dose. 

I also phd the silica solution and used half strength when growing in coco also with no issues. Do you think I will be safe doing the same with soil? 

• Like 1

@Marzcanna hi there, that isn't something that I would try directly into the pots. Nettles contain a bit of sillica, or river sand for some long term benefit.

liquid silicon can be used as a foliar spray, but it's made from potassium sillicate, so its very strong alkaline. It will also give a good boost of available potassium that the foliage can absorb. Just go low and slow with the dose, if you are tempted.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

You'll have better luck rubbing / rolling the stem between your thumb and finger, pressing lightly, and you'll feel it relax, and bend easier.

Added, you want to break the stem wall inside, not outside, and it creates a super highway too1621772154178474517221307320729.thumb.jpg.c9d59f73d67911cd67cc7559f277ff06.jpg

I remember doing this in my first grow with good results. What do you mean by super highway?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I think I’ll give it a try and add it to my water. Will be sure to PH properly too, and start off with a half dose.

https://hydroponic.co.za/hydroponics/silicon-plus/?attribute_pa_size=500ml&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqZ7Rw6zg8AIVA5eyCh2QIA7FEAQYASABEgLH_vD_BwE

I’m not sure how much longer I’ll be vegging for though, I’ve read that its better to only use it in veg.

Edited by Orcanic
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Marzcanna said:

I also phd the silica solution and used half strength when growing in coco also with no issues. Do you think I will be safe doing the same with soil? 

1 hour ago, Twix Aphen said:

@Marzcanna hi there, that isn't something that I would try directly into the pots. Nettles contain a bit of sillica, or river sand for some long term benefit.

liquid silicon can be used as a foliar spray, but it's made from potassium sillicate, so its very strong alkaline. It will also give a good boost of available potassium that the foliage can absorb. Just go low and slow with the dose, if you are tempted.

As @Twix Aphen says. I should have clarified and said I was using the same nutes in soil as in coco, so if you are using organic nutes I do not think it would do the business. 

I believe diatomaceous earth when sprinkled as a fine layer on soil can provide a dose of silicon as well as provide a moment of pest reduction. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1