A South African just bought 20 rare dagga seeds (and NFT art) for R224,000 - News24

420SA

A South African entrepreneur recently bought rare cannabis seeds, and digital art, at a non-fungible token (NFT) auction for approximately R224,000.  

South Africans are slowly becoming more accustomed to the global NFT craze which has created overnight millionaires through the sale of digital artworks. A gallery based in Cape Town managed to get R59,000 for a digital artwork auctioned in March and a local NFT marketplace was launched a month later with backing from sports stars and celebrities....

Article link https://www.businessinsider.co.za/most-expensive-dagga-cannabis-sold-in-south-africa-2021-6

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Totemic said:

Yeah it's the art that pushed the price... Not the seeds

As a breeder you probably know the scene quite well. Are GGG really all that and a bag of chips? 

Do they hold super rare cuts or do they just create new shit that is fire? Can you compare them to InHouse Genetics? 

I see 7 regulars goes for about R2300 on B&B and that is quite a stiff price..

31 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

As a breeder you probably know the scene quite well. Are GGG really all that and a bag of chips? 

Do they hold super rare cuts or do they just create new shit that is fire? Can you compare them to InHouse Genetics? 

I see 7 regulars goes for about R2300 on B&B and that is quite a stiff price..

With so many strains readily available around the world, rare really isn't rare anymore...

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

Paying for a very special clone is one thing... for regular seeds... something else 😊

They still make 36k$ on that batch of seeds... other way to cash in. Make em scarce.. only worth if they spend a decade on selection. I doubt that... 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I also think it must be the art that pushed the price. I think it is kak though. Is art not suppose to make you feel something? 

e5TGoCmOzN5yWQ8G4eATzOT0CLEdiSXw3THIi-sOKwyOwZGRW9AQKWkReZZWRAbekGePnt1vmKgpfVZU0ctTnQFE8Oetsyncn9c9Ww=w600

this is the art in question, RISE, that sold for R224000 .... its.... its just not my cup of tea... or any beverage for that matter

to be honest i wouldnt even pay what the seeds are worth - heck... even if i got this for free i wouldnt be proud of it... 

Beauty really is in the eye of the beer holder, at least thats what my dad always says

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SkunkPharm said:

I also think it must be the art that pushed the price. I think it is kak though. Is art not suppose to make you feel something? 

Well, that piece of art does make me feel something... 💩

I'd rather have my cats walk into paint and onto a canvas and hang that up in my house. Will cost less too.

Different strokes for different folks.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2