Prom

Prom

Did my first snips ^^, 6 to be correct.

Removed both Cotyledons and the leaves and branches of the first 2 nodes. You see it in the video tomorrow ^^ not sure we count the snips on the Coty's.. they were yellowed anyhow 😁 4 snips..  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, CreX said:

noice noice... some of your auto experience coming through? i generally leave those leaves until a few weeks before flip when i clean my ladies up and shave their legs

I don't want them to waste energy on branches I remove anyhow ^^ But yes, I actually wanted to just cut the new grown branches.. next snip will be the main.. thinking when to do it... might just be a spontaneous action 😁 I still have 3 weeks veg.. I might go full mainlining on Sisa. No risk, no fun 😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Prom said:

I don't want them to waste energy on branches I remove anyhow ^^ But yes, I actually wanted to just cut the new grown branches.. next snip will be the main.. thinking when to do it... might just be a spontaneous action 😁 I still have 3 weeks veg.. I might go full mainlining on Sisa. No risk, no fun 😂

that spontaneous moves are always exciting hahaha..... ill be staring at my plants for 30 min, and then BAM i have topped everything in a wild flurry in a matter of minutes hahaha

i have topped both my ladies so far a few days ago, i should have 4 nice colas shortly hehe 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Get a second Update for 3rd June 😊

Repotted both from their 3L home in 10L pots, will go 22 when I flip them. Decided I cut the main tomorrow on Sisa, end first veg week ^^

Roots Tarryn

655159409_RepottingTarryn3June.thumb.jpg.8944176b34d67db26aa2bcd3cf8aaddf.jpg

Roots Sisa

44707161_RepottingSisa3June.thumb.jpg.de276fed819f94d98e9aed54736e6689.jpg

Repotted Plants

1968801650_Repottet3June10LiterPots.thumb.jpg.6d340aa8737c3d2c39bd8b9c27a79599.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, CreX said:

that spontaneous moves are always exciting hahaha..... ill be staring at my plants for 30 min, and then BAM i have topped everything in a wild flurry in a matter of minutes hahaha

I can relate to that 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Documenting every step is actually quite a mission 😂 As the pots got bigger... remembered that I have to set the light new too.

Distance to the canape is 61cm (288 QB 3000k 660nm, all 4 used in the tent)

Tarryn

2036080542_June3574PARTarryn.thumb.jpg.60dc91fa802bab4c1a74f03e562893d4.jpg

Sisa

1629870240_June3571PARSisa.thumb.jpg.0ca0e32aafe10853c1046a93e2decc50.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 June Update

Had 2 load shedding sessions. 2-4.30 they were dark anyhow, 10-12.30 I put them outside. Today 10-12.30 I put them outside, if sunny and 18-20.30 they go battery backup mother tent ^^

Just got repotted yesterday, so no feeding.

1160869707_Plants4June0800.thumb.jpg.24f46d724a278d591237f151a90982b8.jpg

Had issues with the video.. if I still can get things working.. I post it, if not, tomorrow next one.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Prom said:

4 June Update

Had 2 load shedding sessions. 2-4.30 they were dark anyhow, 10-12.30 I put them outside. Today 10-12.30 I put them outside, if sunny and 18-20.30 they go battery backup mother tent ^^

Just got repotted yesterday, so no feeding.

1160869707_Plants4June0800.thumb.jpg.24f46d724a278d591237f151a90982b8.jpg

Had issues with the video.. if I still can get things working.. I post it, if not, tomorrow next one.

Thanks @Prom, please note that i have asked other competitors to refrain from utilizing the sun for this Indoor growoff.

consensus is that pictures may be taken in the sun, but no sunbathing or outdoor time for the ladies.

unfortunately we will need to deal with eishkom another way. 

• Like 1

Eskom steals 5 hours growing time.. is a word ☺️ I can put them in the battery backup mother tent. But how many out there have that? 

I run the videos also with the point to prove.. I am sticking to the rules 😜 my plants run 100% indoor with the Eskom exception. 😛 In other countries.. you don't have power outages during grow competitions, or at all 😂. Might take those exceptional situations into account.. 5 hours load shedding plus the dark time in the wrong spot.. you can't simply change the dark time to a totally different time window.. that confuses the plant as much as not getting enough. Not good with the short grow time we have anyhow. Don't get me wrong, not complaining hehehe mother tent it is 😝😁  We Germans love to stick to rules.. strange thing hehehe

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, CreX said:

Thanks @Prom, please note that i have asked other competitors to refrain from utilizing the sun for this Indoor growoff.

consensus is that pictures may be taken in the sun, but no sunbathing or outdoor time for the ladies.

unfortunately we will need to deal with eishkom another way. 

Perhaps we should put it to a vote. Whether we allow guys to put their plants under the sun during load shedding hours or not.... We'll really have to rely on trust but this loadshedding BS has the potential to create doubt and unfair advantage if load shedding goes on for extended periods. Which is likely at this time of year.

Just an example... I have no LS in my area. Thanks to a factory on my grid that threatened to close if they get LS. If there are others competing who are also exempt from LS then there's an advantage there

Some guys might have backup and some not. Tricky one which I must admit I didn't think about at all.

• Like 1

When Eskom hits me, I take it, my plant has an interrupted light cycle and so be it.

It's just another challenge of growing indoors. We cannot become hybrid growers just because of one challenge, we need to overcome our challenges. 

It's also not viable to be carrying plants outside during loadshedding because either the pots will be too heavy or we simply won't be at home (8am-4pm workers) 

This is a indoor grow off, and should be treated as such, hybrid growing should in my opinion be a whole class of it's own. 

27 minutes ago, 420SA said:

Perhaps we should put it to a vote. Whether we allow guys to put their plants under the sun during load shedding hours or not.... We'll really have to rely on trust but this loadshedding BS has the potential to create doubt and unfair advantage if load shedding goes on for extended periods. Which is likely at this time of year.

Just an example... I have no LS in my area. Thanks to a factory on my grid that threatened to close if they get LS. If there are others competing who are also exempt from LS then there's an advantage there

Some guys might have backup and some not. Tricky one which I must admit I didn't think about at all.

Ja. I think a vote is the best option. 

23 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

When Eskom hits me, I take it, my plant has an interrupted light cycle and so be it.

It's just another challenge of growing indoors. We cannot become hybrid growers just because of one challenge, we need to overcome our challenges. 

It's also not viable to be carrying plants outside during loadshedding because either the pots will be too heavy or we simply won't be at home (8am-4pm workers) 

This is a indoor grow off, and should be treated as such, hybrid growing should in my opinion be a whole class of it's own. 

I agree, it is a challenge that we need to overcome, as @420SA said, not everyone has the same loadshedding challenges, then in the same light, not everyone has the luxury of taking their plants out. I vote we stick to the rules and roll with the punches

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, iGrowDagga said:

Now that's overcoming a challenge gents! @DamDave

Where did you source that one I need same! 

@Adansonia digitata

It's a China light from the Centurion China mall. I think it was 3hundies.

I went with a cheap offering, which in hindsight wasn't the best choice. Rather get a smaller lamp that can run for longer. I find that at the 2hr mark it starts dimming. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CG420za said:

I also have a light similar to that in my tent. Only kak is if it comes on during LS, but LS is during my dark period... Always an issue.

Ja, I know what you mean. If it's set to come on at power out then when the LS times are in the dark period it will come on, so it needs to be monitored. I run my lamp during the day, just like the plants to be on the same sort of time schedule as me. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1