ORGANInc grows - Natural selection

ORGANinc.

Heyo! 

I’m logging this here, and for future grows for all the strains I’m growing. 

I was suppose to end off with these 2 wedding cakes, however, it seems cooking the temp and tweaking things here and there have been working out alright for now. Some days I reach 35 degrees. In for a ride but positive. 

Growing.

2 front - @1000Hills Nursery wedding cake x smeet (will finish off in this thread)

Back left - unknown white widow (thanks @SkunkPharm @GGG)

Back right - In-house - Frosted apricots (partial about this one, but we will see)

Feeding Water, ssts, fish hydrolysate, Epic 5:2, malted barley 

This specific soil contains neem leaf powder. 

Back 2 in 40l Maxgrow fabric pots - started flower on the 1st Jan 

EF3FCEC4-F45E-48D1-9856-842C7349E516.jpeg

EC88E4E8-1AA1-4734-BB16-C6ACC327273E.jpeg

B76CB461-384A-419D-8E48-441D22A07DB1.jpeg

7DBF5A98-D473-4D00-8E66-0BFBDC14027F.jpeg

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Nice, what is the Neem leaf powder for? Pest control or what benefits does it offer?

Well primarily, it should act as exactly that a Pest control, Pest control on a microscopic level too, So reactive oxygen molecules ''ZAP'' ... also in a way trims the fat, so only the fastest and strongest will make the cut. 

But the qualities of antioxidant properties are very very strong (I would imagine much stronger from that of a micronized leaf powder compared to a seed meal), so its probably easy to overdo it. If I remember correctly, I mixed 1/4 cup (micronized leaf powder) for about 60l of concentrate soil

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello hi,

Here with the week 3 update. Stretch has been pretty darn good from the Frosted apricots, hopefully she boast nice terpy profiles too! The White widow didn't stretchy that much however, the internodal spacing is almost null and void, so many bud sites, and she might get taller, who knows. 

My plan was to reuse these pots (for years) and to total 6 x 40l come winter, then start from clone, but plans change and now I'm back at the drawing board seeing which options suit best the living soil model. Regardless, I've been reusing my soils anyway from my second grow.   

I've been so fortunate to meet helpful people here in Cpt from this forum that I would have never really made progress without them, plus too, our bunch of friendies really come together and look after each other. So spoilt with the vast genetics I'm terribly back-logged with already, I'm going to do my best to work through them nicely.

Strains that I want to grow and re-grow 2021

----------------------------------------------

Ghost Train Haze #1 - Rare Dankness

Spumoni - Plug Seedbank

Zurple Punch - In House genetics

Slurricane - In House genetics

Bunicorn - In House genetics

Sugarcane - In House genetics

Platinum Gorilla - In House genetics

Orange Kush Cake - Ethos

White wedding rbx - Ethos 

Strawberry fields - DNA genetics

OG Kush - Bagseed

All Gas OG - Humboldt SeedCo

Tortoni - Totemic

Jack Herer - Unknown

Some of these strains are still yet to crack a taproot so I might only see them later in the year. 

IMG_7195.jpg

IMG_7192.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7197.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Week 9 this morning, had a heatwave that had me quite worried but seems they doing okay, a bit sluggish and could be further along by now. But hey that comes with the territory. Temps are getting better slowly but surely. Both fading quite fast, WW will be another 2/3 weeks, Frosted another 1/2 weeks. Otherwise - Happy with the progress!

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8939.jpg

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

On week 12 today, had much fun with this grow. A few branches are laying on their side but managed to support the majority. Either ill be harvesting over the weekend or next weekend, thinking best to leave them be another week.

The soil I'm using is made up of the following -

Coco peat / Perlite / Vermiculite / Vermi-compost / Activated Charcoal / Alfalfa meal / Kelp meal / Soft Rock phosphate / Rock dust / Humigro / Bone meal / Seabird guano / Bat guano / Bird grit / Aloe meal / Diatomaceous earth / Mycorrhizal mix / Insect frass / Neem powder - Topped dressed a few other amendments to correct deficiencies along the way. 

The only issue with having more sources of nutrients in your soil is that it complicates the final balance and potential synergistic relationships you are trying to achieve with the microbes. Needless to say, I'm glad the plants/microbes were able to overcome my imbalances with a little bit TLC, and a few tweaks here and there to achieve a balance. 

Hope the pics are a little better, been slacking on the photo-graphics 😅 Have a champion weekend farmers! :-greenthumb

IMG_9418.jpg

IMG_9415.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

IMG_9413.jpg

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 8

We don't see many guys having a crack at their own soil mix very often. Nice to see you giving it a go, keep going. First time round it looks to have done pretty well.

Just a few suggestions from my end on your soil composition. I would suggest you ditch the vermiculite, it's not needed. You already have the perlite helping with aeration.  Also I would suggest getting more calcium and magnesium in there with some dolomite lime. They use crushed oyster shell in the states but that isn't easy to find here. Your local nursery will have the lime, even builders warehouse.

Did you let your soil cook for a while before using it? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, GGG said:

Welldone on your succesfull soil build, it's not as easy as some may think.
Looks like some noice weight on those buds

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Dankie my maat! Doesn't seem like many people have the time to understand plant nutrition, but why would you want to if there are so many easier ways around it.

Ill be the first to admit there are way too many flaws in this soil, the potential for living soil is so huge! So ill be ever so slightly reamending these pots and growing chillies and tomato's and some other veggies outside. 

Mixed up a sphagnum peat moss based living soil that I'm dead eager to plant into soon. 🌱🧨

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, 420SA said:

We don't see many guys having a crack at their own soil mix very often. Nice to see you giving it a go, keep going. First time round it looks to have done pretty well.

Just a few suggestions from my end on your soil composition. I would suggest you ditch the vermiculite, it's not needed. You already have the perlite helping with aeration.  Also I would suggest getting more calcium and magnesium in there with some dolomite lime. They use crushed oyster shell in the states but that isn't easy to find here. Your local nursery will have the lime, even builders warehouse.

Did you let your soil cook for a while before using it? 

Hi @420SA 

Yes this was the first soil I mixed, its about 8 months old. Its remnants of my soil from July 2020. The soil has been reamended over time by feel which is completely the wrong way to go about it, Soil testing is a must in future.

I couldn't agree with you more, I thought I'd be getting some of the same effect from the grit but not nearly as available as dolomite/limestone in the medium. Yes I cook the soil for about 1 1/2 months.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Looks great man, and for your own soil too, good for you.

I also grow in my own soil, and as 420SA said, you need the lime, and my very first mix was missing this part, and it made a huge difference. 

Again, good for you brother 

Couldn't agree more! Cheers man! :-greenthumb And thanks for that lekke comment!

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, ORGANinc. said:

Hahaha thanks bru glad it was a good scroll 🙌🏻 

I also missed this. I have just found an obscure reference to this thread elsewhere on the site, which is what led me to it. I find it quite hard to see who is growing what on this interface. It would be nice if there was a list of journals on each person's public info. Good luck with the harvest. Those buds look great.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Small update on some of the strains I was growing and some for a second time, this time was a bit better I think, but also could have easily sparked catastrophe due to a cal/ more so mag deficiency in my soil which caused me to lose the ghost train haze (caution was thrown to the wind🙄). Never the less the other plants snapped back well.

White Wedding - Ethos

IMG_9736.thumb.jpg.cb87ece1c1c3acddacce47015536ef97.jpg

Strawberry fields (one got chopped up yesterday waiting for this one to show signs)

IMG_9733.thumb.jpg.f5167eab7abeef139439e8d1f3de3026.jpg

Spumoni

IMG_9628.thumb.jpg.96600174a62eb267d75956f41b5040e1.jpg

Slurricane

IMG_9620.thumb.jpg.11818b351a9566ab89a8c5e8e8a4b75d.jpg

Blunicorn (outside testing the new soil 😁)

IMG_9702.thumb.jpg.72c9e56881625f5c4b0e84fd3fef20a0.jpg

• Like 9