Diary Complete First grow - Deluxe Sugarcane & Friends

Martin7318

8 hours ago, Khakibos said:

I'm not going to lie I don't really practice flushing, depending how the season goes if it rains at the right time my plants just do their thing and fade.

I see you've overfed them a bit so that's the only reason I'm saying use just water.

There doesn't seem to be much fade going on here 😅. On 1 of the plants There have been a few leaves going yellow daily and I guessed this was because I dropped nute doses about 2 weeks ago. I thought maybe the "fade" would start during flush. Nute burn has stopped now since lowering nute doses.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

There doesn't seem to be much fade going on here 😅. On 1 of the plants There have been a few leaves going yellow daily and I guessed this was because I dropped nute doses about 2 weeks ago. I thought maybe the "fade" would start during flush. Nute burn has stopped now since lowering nute doses.

check the trichomes with your phone, i was very jealous at the level of zoom you can do with your phone man hahaha.

do you know the day of flower they are in? you could probably take these to day 65 or 70, depending on what the trichomes say

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

I wouldn't worry to much about flushing tbh.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, CreX said:

check the trichomes with your phone, i was very jealous at the level of zoom you can do with your phone man hahaha.

do you know the day of flower they are in? you could probably take these to day 65 or 70, depending on what the trichomes say

He is currently on week 8 if I'm not mistaken

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CreX said:

I went and got a jewelers loupe. Can see them nicely now. There is definitely some amber popping up on the bud, not sugar leaves, bud itself. This is why I'm thinking it's chop time soon.

Today is day 54 in flower. Week 8. 

Biobizz schedule has flush down at week 9 and harvest at week 10 (obviously I know this is merely a guideline). I will have to try taking photos with the loupe and update here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Martin7318 said:

I went and got a jewelers loupe. Can see them nicely now. There is definitely some amber popping up on the bud, not sugar leaves, bud itself. This is why I'm thinking it's chop time soon.

Today is day 54 in flower. Week 8. 

Biobizz schedule has flush down at week 9 and harvest at week 10 (obviously I know this is merely a guideline). I will have to try taking photos with the loupe and update here.

interesting - bud does not normally go amber before the leaves trichomes start going amber.

45 minutes ago, CreX said:

interesting - bud does not normally go amber before the leaves trichomes start going amber.

Sugar leaves are going amber, I was trying to get it across that I checked the bud itself and not the leaves 😂. Obviously a lot more on the leaves than the bud itself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

Sugar leaves are going amber, I was trying to get it across that I checked the bud itself and not the leaves 😂. Obviously a lot more on the leaves than the bud itself.

got you... okay cool - then maybe it is time after all

anything more than 20% amber will be quite sedative 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

These babies are all cured up with 1 of 3 entirely smoked 😂.

I wanted to thank all who took their time to share their wisdom with me on this grow. Without you guys I would definitely not have made it to harvest! The plants came out beautifully, in my opinion, with really great terps and flavour. Going from smoking outdoor and greenhouse for the last 10 years to smoking straight indoor for the last 3 months has been something to get used to, the high is quite intense if not careful haha 🤣 

I tried growing some Auto's after this, terrible failure. Chopped those down in Feb and was gifted 4 plants already in veg. They've just recently been flipped, will start up another diary, so watch out for that 😁

Thought I'd drop some of the final pics from chop day and a picture of some of the end product.

20211205_224323(1).thumb.jpg.8f0519d90127518a6e712816a51a880b.jpg

20211205_224344(1).thumb.jpg.24011f9bf4dbe4cba532e676f1cde83d.jpg

20211205_224351(1).thumb.jpg.3cd52eaf12df327829f53f097a47c15f.jpg

20211205_224358(1).thumb.jpg.4059b815b70feeb7285c9843c5db5d1a.jpg

IMG_2033.thumb.JPG.b33d7c2e8f6938b7ebad09926f19a021.JPG

IMG_2039.thumb.JPG.ec0a118ba6645a87e78fde0fd87e95fa.JPG

IMG_2044.thumb.JPG.66604bd9bb51f433b86ef976bb91591d.JPG

IMG_2057.thumb.JPG.222799285bfb0174cea621d93122b605.JPG

IMG_2061.thumb.JPG.9cc088a05021a899d680bef36c59adc9.JPG

IMG_2067.thumb.JPG.a1d8057d89dbcb7d689f0139d214080a.JPG

IMG_2128.thumb.JPG.031e1e306bb6c70d4248fcd74b408f47.JPG

• Like 3
  • Fire! 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple Express
      Full Indoor & Full Hydro Grow Set-Up for sale - R13,000 each (or R 22 000)
      Got 2 x full grow setups, one indoor soil setup and one hydro setup.
      Whatsapp: +27 60 546 2660
      What's included in each set:
      1x Grow Tent 1.2m x1.2m x2m
      1x Lumii 720W LED 6 bar Grow Light
      6x 25l Grow Buckets OR 6 material grow bags
      1x Hydroponic pump with connecting pipes (For hydro setup only)
      1x HighPro Extractor Fan 
      2 x Oscillating Clipfans
      1x Digital Min Max Hygrometer
      1x Grow Net 1.2m x1.2m 
    • By AfrikaansePotkop
      Hi everyone, 
      I am currently looking to purchase an indoor setup for myself. Nothing fancy or big. Just enough to be a new hobby. I am always willing to invest in more stuff later, just dont have the money right now.
      So basically my budget is Around R5k. I am willing to go over, but anything lower is always preferred.
      I got a quote form MarijuanaSA and want a few opinions on it, or just a whole new quote for those that are willing to make one.

It seems to have all the important items in it. I can buy a few items that do the same at lower prices, like on takealot. I am looking at 0.8x0.8 or a 1x1 tents. What would be better? I want to grow around 2 to 3 plants at a time.
      Then, I would really like a cheaper light to use but just cant seem to find a good option that is less than 1k...

So basically, I am asking for assistance in selecting all the basic items for my first ever indoor grow. Whatever saves me the most money and gives me enough items to get away for at least 2 harvests before investing more.
      I already have soil and pots from my outdoor plants.
      Any help will really be appreciated as I barely know what I am buying with indoor growing equipment.

I have a small list of just a few items that I am putting together to use as a purchasing guide. Here it is for a general idea of what im currently looking at:

• By LED Grow Light SA
      Hi everyone, 
      Here is an introduction, We are a small business, one man team bringing a number of DLC listed LED horticultural grow lights. 
      ***text removed***
      Enjoy your day and week,
      LOVE YOUR GROW.
    • By John Stonedwell
      Hi folks,
      So it's been a while since I last posted about my grow but I thought better late than never (and also skipping most of the veg part is more entertaining) 😆
      This is my 3rd indoor grow and I have learnt a lot from my last 2 grows from fellow forum members. Special shout out to @The Grass Baas @The_StonedTrooper @PsyCLown @Prom @Bay Seeds @Stinger96 @GGG @GreenGrow Garden Route @Weskush for all their guidance and support with the previous grow. I have learnt a lot from you guys and will attempt to apply it with this grow.
      What went wrong previously?  I neglected my plants and encountered the following:
      - Too much N (nute frequency overall)
      - Not enough airflow
      - Not enough defoliation
      - And a one shoe fits all approach  (which doesn't work well with several different strains)
      What am I doing differently this time round?  
      - Every watering doesn't need to be a feed (let the plant tell you when they need something)
      - Each strain will have their own frequency of feeding and quantity thereof 
      - Airflow/Circulation is key
      - Defoliate,  defoliate,  defoliate... we don't need no nodes stealing energy from the nodes that we want to create into big fat ass nugs
      - And some IPM for the issues that might catch you off guard
      So what am I working with for this grow?
      I decided on a mix of old school variants with some local and international breeders filling the gap. I am running 4 strains of feminised seeds from Old School Genetics courtesy of @Golden-Goose , 2 strains from Motherland Genetics (hope the drama on the photos wasn't an indication of the quality of genetics that they supposedly produce) and lastly some 2 super tasty InHouse strains courtesy of some cuttings from my man @PsyCLown.
      IPM measures with wood cider vinegar courtesy of @Thrive
      Strains in play:
      Old school genetics - White Bubblegum 
      Old school genetics - White Afghan Skunk 
      Old school genetics - Super Silver Haze 98
      Old school genetics - OSG Cheese 
      Motherland genetics - Purple Dosidos 
      Motherland genetics - Sunset Sherbet S1
      InHouse - Blunicorn 
      InHouse - Jelly Breath 
      Started of with germination on the 28th of September with a 100% germination success rate. I normally go for the 3 topping 8 cola mainline but this time round I decided to do a 2 top manifold mainline which some people call a flux mainline. (Hoping to decrease veg time)
      I also installed a oscillating fan from the roof of the tent to aid in circulation. Today was the last clean up in the veg cycle and I took  clones of each for a buddy to keep for us to see which one we want to keep and work with...
      I am about 2 weeks from flip to flower and this is the current situation...
      Here we go with some pictures to tie it up...
      Seedlings 

Clones joining the picture

Pre clean up

White Bubblegum

White Afghan Skunk 

Purple Dosidos 

Jelly Breath (no before pic taken)

Blunicorn 

Sunset Sherbet 

Super Silver Haze 98

OSG Cheese 

Attempt at a level canopy

Clones

New fan

IPM Wood cider vinegar 

Thank you for reading. I am very excited to see where this grow goes 

• By wanna be dagga kop
      Hi, 
      I'd appreciate some help with diagnosing this issue I have with my leaves, there is yellow/brown spots on the leaves and I am not sure as to what is the cause. Any help would be much appreciated.