Diary Complete FastBud's C4 Outdoor

Bakstein420

So I decided to grow some autos outdoors to replenish my stash while I mainline the Ethos ladies.  I grabbed a 5 pack of Fastbud's C4 but lost 4 of the seedlings to heavy winds.

The remaining survivor went in the cupboard to help her get established before facing the outdoor forces. 

I slowly introduced her to life beyond the wall till she started pushing pistils recently. 

20200915_170229.thumb.jpg.c336eefe58f92d2e8d5e9f7cb5c4bda4.jpg

20200923_172255.thumb.jpg.24c190a62366948a19367fa221274967.jpg

20200925_165201.thumb.jpg.19458dcf892b163827f291761384b6e8.jpg

• Like 6

Hey buds, all well I hope.
I'm busy with my first auto grow and have been doing a lot of reading up on them. Seems auto's have a bit of a bad rap and not experienced grower's first choice.
What is the reasoning. Is it the lazy grower's choice, because they don't produce a good yield.
Trying to learn a bit more about strain's and the plant in general.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

What up bro @Bakstein420

loosing 4 out of 5 must feel like a kick in the nuts. Especially since u got some fire genetics. 😔.

But the 1 lady looks good bro. Atleast the colour is starting to push through too.

@DamDave autos do get abit of a bad rep. But i personally love those things. Its too simple and easy to grow. Especially since all u gota do is feed.

Yield might be on the low side. But then i just run multiple plants. 

• Like 2

@Bakstein420, ah man that sucks! Hope the remaining plant will do it's best to compensate for the loss.

I agree with @afternoon blazer. Also love autos. I find they have their place in cultivation but I guess they aren't the best choice for everyone. I prefer variety over quantity. Plus as an outdoor grower I can enjoy the fun of harvest several times a year. But yeah they are more finicky than their bigger photo-sisters. I'm going to germinate mine soon. T-3 days.

Oh one big upside for me is that in the Cape PM only comes towards the end of the season. It's good to have some bud save in the jars before 'PM season' starts.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
So the C4 is carrying on, nearing the end of the 3rd week since she first showed pistils.
20201010_131705.thumb.jpg.7dea8463abfddd66c85d57cf6690ae09.jpg
Buds are building slowly and I have just started to introduce Topmax to the party. 
Flash and no flash main bud:
20201010_131752.thumb.jpg.a57d723d772ec844e7d86bfc63aa5b58.jpg
20201010_131806.thumb.jpg.628ca5c1b37ddca8c09c72237d2e06b0.jpg
Yoh. That is starting to look very nice

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2020 at 11:22 PM, DamDave said:

Hey buds, all well I hope.
I'm busy with my first auto grow and have been doing a lot of reading up on them. Seems auto's have a bit of a bad rap and not experienced grower's first choice.
What is the reasoning. Is it the lazy grower's choice, because they don't produce a good yield.
Trying to learn a bit more about strain's and the plant in general.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

Hi Dave. This is my first time growing properly indoors and I'm using autos. I chose autos because we have a lot of power cuts in our area and autos don't mind as much as photos. For me that is one of the biggest benefits to using autos. That and you can get an extra yield in the year, even if auto yields are a bit smaller than photo. Another plus is that your bets are more spread because you have more grows, so if something goes wrong with one of your grows it doesn't hurt your overall annual yield as much. I don't really have much to gauge them against due to inexperience but in the beginning I did have some weird finnicky things going on with some auto phenos, whereas most others were perfectly fine. There were also some runts. I germinated about 80% sucessfully, the others never grew. 
I think it's worth spending extra for good genetics. The LSD autos I got from FastBuds are producing large colas, even for photos. They grow quickly too, even for autos, at 8-9 weeks from seed to finish.

• Like 1

Good afternoon 420 fam.

Had a problem with the C4, I usually feed lower dosages than recommended, but tried to up the flower nutes. I'm pretty sure I ended up with a potassium/phosphorous excess. Fan leaves started looking like this.

20201019_114114.thumb.jpg.53b6c2aaf1fad434fcf8385ac04f78b2.jpg

She seems to be doing ok though and i have returned to lower dosage feeding.

20201024_130058.thumb.jpg.1840f70a540cb73abcbb90aa44626180.jpg

Not sure if its the strain of the hot days here and there, but getting some foxtailing. Buds have a strong berry smell.

20201024_124758.thumb.jpg.130e56eadcb8df9215023d8141baf2f5.jpg

Even the lower buds dont look too bad.

20201024_124708.thumb.jpg.4a7c06917e090647c501c1af213f62f9.jpg

• Like 1

The Mexican Airlines is slowly doing its thing.20201024_123633.thumb.jpg.9f5ec99899033eed8c615e904c721c69.jpg

Fastbuds recommend taking it easy with nutes so I have only given her half strength feeds every 3rd watering.

20201024_123923.thumb.jpg.b979eecb0e688fd387533b9bd46f760b.jpg

Apart from that, not much to report back about. I am really enjoying growing autos outdoor and I'm quite surprised I haven't had issues with regards to the elements or pests (touch wood).

• Like 2

@Psylecta I thought the same but I water with tap water and my pH is on point growing in a fresh batch of FF green bag. Couldn't understand why that would be an issue.

Turns out P and K excess can manifest as a cal/mag defiency to name a few.

20200425_063552.thumb.jpg.71d0316e9ca0e5f077a7ce06d0ce20a7.jpg

20200425_063521.thumb.jpg.a33d76637ed52891ba19cafa3ef80465.jpg

My fault finding skills when it comes to cannabis are terrible, so I could be way out. I flushed with some epsom salts followed with a low strength feed and she seems to be doing ok. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the C4 has started producing nanners at the end of week 8 of flower. 

20201107_141111.thumb.jpg.cc5827155265cd57ee127635d17a62fc.jpg

20201107_135924.thumb.jpg.7af2cc24e53d41f6d5a28a5276e1b035.jpg

The buds don't seem to have added much size in the last week or so, with weird airy growth on some bud tips.

Not sure if i should chop her down as trichs aren't quite where I want them, or should I let her go for another week and pluck the bananas as they appear?

• Sad 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      I would love to have an opinion on this topic. Let me update you on what I have been working with. I have a one plant indoor grow inside a 80cm x 80cm grow tent. I use a 40l fabric pot with both Orgasoilux and Freedom farms soil (green bag). The bottom half I use Orgasoilux(20l) and the top half I use Freedom farms soil(20l). Throughout veg all I give the plant is Biodyne Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and water. This results in an extremely healthy plant.
      Once I flip to flower I start using organic bottled nutrients. In the past I have used Biobizz Bio-bloom, and more recently I have used Dirty hands inc - Bio-Phos (Jamie's brand). I give 3ml Bio-Phos once a week early flower and up it to 5ml every week mid to late flower. Plus a molasses feeding every 2 weeks and stopped using Biodyne microbes 1 week into flower.
      I was thinking about completely ditching bottled nutrients and going the topdressing route for flower. I was thinking of maybe topdressing a week before the flip with Jamie's elemental blend. I am just worried if it will provide enough for the plants through to harvest. I was also thinking of maybe using my own topdressing blend of Dry kelp, Gypsum, Malted Barley and Worm Castings. Would love an opinion on switching to topdressing for flower and if the elemental blend should be more than enough to take me to harvest. If you think I should just stick to bottled nutrients for flower let me know. I am going to include photo's of my 2 previous grows using the method I have stated above. Just trying to get the best quality flower possible :)
      Some thoughts of mine...…
      Topdressing vs Liquid Nutrients?
      Biobizz Bio-Bloom vs Dirty Hands Inc Bio-Phos?
      One topdressing enough 1 week before flip?
      Elemental Blend or my own flowering mix?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Grow:
      Medium: Top Half Freedom Farms soil (20l) + bottom half Orgasoilux(20l)
      Additives and Amendments: Molasses + Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes + Dirty Hands Inc - Bio-Phos + Mycoroot (seedling)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Seedling)
      - Solo Cup + Freedom Farms soil + Mycoroot
      -Transplant in week 2 of veg to 40l
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Veg Stage)
      - initial inoculant 2ml Environoc Microbes
      -1ml per litre  Environoc every 2 weeks
      -5ml per litre Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Environoc 1 week into flower
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Flower Stage)
      -3ml Bio-Phos every week (early flower)
      -5ml Bio-Phos every week (late flower)
      -5ml Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Bio-Phos 2 weeks before harvest
      -Feed molasses until harvest
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pictures below include TH seeds - Orangesicle + Trainwreck (darker leaves) and a photo of Orangesicle during veg

• By StonerZN
      'Olla Bromigos!
      Getting started a little later this year than last, rain around this time in my neck of the woods played havoc with seedlings last year. 
      For this Season I am firmly in the Local is Lekker corner, and will be running a bunch of @Totemicand some @Bay Seeds sourced a while ago from the Legends at @Cannabist. Thank you all for the great deal and freebies! Very grateful and super keen 🙃

So here we go! Up first 2 each of:
      Totemic - Green Gelato. Reg
      Totemic -Strawberry Deluxe. Fem
      Totemic - Strawberry Sugar Cookies. Fem
      Bay Seeds - AK Royal x Lemon Jedi X Choc Gelato. Reg
      Totemic - Gelato x Cherry CBD. Reg

All seeds soaking since 4PMish, dechlorinated water with a spritz of Biodyne and BioBizz Root juice.
      Some king sized seeds, some so big they got stuck in the container and needed prying out.

Very keen to get started! Some will go straight into pots from here, others via ziploc and paper towel route. Don't have enough side plates to separate 5 diff strains in paper towels etc. Will give the Fems the special treatment and let the Regs go au natural.

• By CreX
      Yo guys! i have been gifted some seeds from @Prom a while back and promised to do a grow diary with them.
      so this is my bash at it! ill try keep it going and do a smoke report
      i have been a little slack with the diary entries, but am ready to post a small journey with them. i do not have their baby photos anymore since my old phone decided to pack up, but i do have a pic or 2 of their adolescent stage and now that they are flowering i am gonna be adding more updates.
      what a pleasure to grow this plant though... i didn't have much space for the 4 girls at first, and so they grew well into their pots before they went into their final home, never complained and actually looked better than half my other plants in larger homes most of the time.

they all grew quite large leaves with a subtle blue undertone from their happy growth.
      i potted them up into the tote and let them stretch their legs for some time before flipping, making sure i can get an even canopy was a bit tricky with the 4 phenos, as there are 2 above average stretchers.
      as soon as i flipped the tote, the ladies coudlnt stop thanking me with lovely green growth and fast growth.
      i have taken cuttings of each pheno and man am i glad i did! the one pheno is already going red and its only the 2nd week of flower! iv never seen anything like this before haha!! 
      please enjoy and come along for the ride.

• By wanna be dagga kop
      Aweh,
      So my one plant is starting to turn brown on the tips on and I'm sure its not nutrient burn, could it be  a potassium deficiency and how would I be able to fix it?
      If its not potassium deficiency please help me identify what is wrong.  
      Thanks in advance

• By afternoon blazer
      What up growmigos
      So got abit bored and wanted to do 1 last run before the year is up.
      Gona give the autos a break for now.
      STRAINS
      Regulars - Choc Gelato x Ghost Train Haze (5) shout out to @Totemic
      Feminized - White Rhino (5)
      Bag - OG Kush (3)

Started off in small pots. Was all i had.
      And due to this not being an auto run, they would need transplants later on. ( i wanted to start small and then select the best babies to be transplanted.)
      Due to the unpredictability of the bag seeds and the regulars i decided to pot a few and see which will be worthy of a transplant.
      Im going to try and keep them outdoors for now. As my grow box currently has the Mixed auto run.
      If sprouting and growing goes well. I will then put them in the grow box and let the autos grow outdoors. (The autos havnt started flowering yet, so waiting on that)
      Seeds poted today. So first watering should be in a couple of days. Weather is bleek this week so pots not drying up too much.
      ✌😉