Jump to content

Recommended Posts

If my 42FastBuds orders arrive on time, I might enter. 😁 need more Gelato. friends plundered my stash.. mhhh I also might need a gun 😂

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a tick to quick reading 😂 thought I send 12g of the weed i want to enter and it gets judged.. if they would give me auto seeds ^^ I would join. But I am not doing fems 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will need to register your entry by Sunday, 21 June, 2020. To enter, you will need to pay an entry fee of R500. This will get you a complimentary 3 pack of the President Seeds feminized seeds or a 6 pack of Garden Route Genetics regular seeds of your choice which are to be grown for your entry, rolling papers, and stickers, as well as a digital kit of elements to use on your social media. If you already have one of these breeders seeds or have already started growing them you can enter at no charge. 

 

@PromNo autos unfortunately 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If all entrants submit 12g, methinks that's quite a bit of indoor :-stonedweed to be smoked. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many people competing you think they get? Might be a great solution to stock yourself up. ^^ If you put for 50k prices out and have 2kg weed send to you 😂 you made a killer income.. and lets face it, people send you their best 😉

Might be a great idea.. stop growing and just organize a Cannabis Cup each year to stock up again 😂 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waaait, so you need to use one of the two strains / seeds in order to enter?

 

"This will get you a complimentary 3 pack of the President Seeds feminized seeds or a 6 pack of Garden Route Genetics regular seeds of your choice which are to be grown for your entry"

In otherwords, it's similar to the grow offs we do on this forum, but you pay R500 and its only the end product they're interested in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Waaait, so you need to use one of the two strains / seeds in order to enter?

 

"This will get you a complimentary 3 pack of the President Seeds feminized seeds or a 6 pack of Garden Route Genetics regular seeds of your choice which are to be grown for your entry"

In otherwords, it's similar to the grow offs we do on this forum, but you pay R500 and its only the end product they're interested in?

Sounds about right. I cant wait for our indoor grow off to come round again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see more of these comps coming out. The more the merrier!

Happy to be corrected but isn't a true cannabis cup a competition where a breeder submits new strains/cultivars they've been working on for judging? 

I've noticed a few entities running "Cannabis Cups" in SA and none have stuck true to how they run it overseas.

Has a proper cannabis cup been run in SA yet? I thinks it's time for us to get a proper cannabis cup going in SA where we find out who is breeding the best strains in the country. I reckon it will do wonders for developing the breeding industry in SA. They'll get exposure, validation of their genetics etc. Can't think of a better situation where we are relying on local breeders and not so much on the breeders from the US and Europe. 

  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 420SA said:

Good to see more of these comps coming out. The more the merrier!

Happy to be corrected but isn't a true cannabis cup a competition where a breeder submits new strains/cultivars they've been working on for judging? 

I've noticed a few entities running "Cannabis Cups" in SA and none have stuck true to how they run it overseas.

Has a proper cannabis cup been run in SA yet? I thinks it's time for us to get a proper cannabis cup going in SA where we find out who is breeding the best strains in the country. I reckon it will do wonders for developing the breeding industry in SA. They'll get exposure, validation of their genetics etc. Can't think of a better situation where we are relying on local breeders and not so much on the breeders from the US and Europe. 

I like the sound of this... Maybe is something we can chat about setting up 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last year I saw the Sannabis competition and entries are not specific to certain seed banks I think.

I think the Sannabis Cup is happening this year again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked out Sannabis of last year.

They had the following categories:

Best Indica

Best Sativa 

Best Hybrid 

Highest THC

Best BHO

Best Solventless extract

Best edibles.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is pretty cool, so more like the cannabis cups hosted overseas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

That is pretty cool, so more like the cannabis cups hosted overseas?

Yes it seems like it.

Scroll down on their Facebook page to see the event last year, it seems like a lekker day event aswell that concludes the cup.

https://www.facebook.com/SannabisCup/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I like the sound of this... Maybe is something we can chat about setting up 
Would be interesting if Sannabis doesn't catch. I'm in if it becomes a reality.


Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sounds about right. I cant wait for our indoor grow off to come round again.
Seems a bit dodgy honestly.
They even ask to send the bud in jars... For those living in other provinces, how would the logistics even work.

I wanted to enter, but it just seems a bit off.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

Seems a bit dodgy honestly.
They even ask to send the bud in jars... For those living in other provinces, how would the logistics even work.

I wanted to enter, but it just seems a bit off.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk
 

I would happily offer to be the tester/judge for the KZN competitors... send me your indoor guys 😂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would happily offer to be the tester/judge for the KZN competitors... send me your indoor guys 
Lmao, my thoughts exactly.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Entries closed 21 June. Would have entered but am in the midst of a grow. Hopefully future cups are announced at least 9 months before closing date... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...