Training wheels

Nikkel

1 hour ago, Pat999 said:

You can clean some of the bottom nodes. Like take the 2 bottom nodes off, will make the top grow better

Sent from my G3312 using Tapatalk

Will do Sir!

25 minutes ago, CreX said:

That plant looks like it would loooove some sunlight... Where is it currently and how much light does it get? 

Weather in Cape Town been crappy the past week so they went into my homemade grow box under  W10 and W15 LED lights...

Put them out this morning as we getting a couple of days of sun by the looks of things.

Edited by Nikkel
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nikkel said:

Will do Sir!

Weather in Cape Town been crappy the past week so they went into my homemade grow box under  W10 and W15 LED lights...

Put them out this morning as we getting a couple of days of sun by the looks of things.

Sweet! I'm using as much sun as possible nowadays... Soon you could keep the plant outside all day😁 but for now I take her outside for some sun and wind... And inside at night under the grow lights. 

Yea it's a bit of extra effort... But it does make a difference ✌️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CreX said:

Sweet! I'm using as much sun as possible nowadays... Soon you could keep the plant outside all day😁 but for now I take her outside for some sun and wind... And inside at night under the grow lights. 

Yea it's a bit of extra effort... But it does make a difference ✌️

That's basically what I've been doing all along...sun when there is some...grow box when there's none... Inside at night to keep them warm...

My wife joked I must knit them some jerseys cos my "new kids" gets more attention than her🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Nikkel said:

Lmao! Sorry for the crappy phone pics...

Just culled the boy... Can't see anything on the partner yet but could it be she?

e2c689fb0a6a33712e06c759d5bdefba.jpg

What did the culled ones internodes look like ? I don’t see anything in the above. Take closer pics near the internodes and focus the the camera 😉

• Like 2

11 hours ago, greenkush said:

What did the culled ones internodes look like ? I don’t see anything in the above. Take closer pics near the internodes and focus the the camera 😉

I need to get me a proper camera... taking pics with a LG G6 but they do look like little long spearheads and a very different from what the male showed a day ago... I'll check again after work today to see if its developed any further...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated in a while... Snipped the older fan leaves as it had brown spots and started curling... New growth going good for now... Not sure if it was a PH issue or nutes as I'm using tap water... Also forgot to take pics of those I snipped but progress nonetheless as some more sunny days seemed to arrive

faa03a5154efd4938a3c89c9f6406be6.jpgc657a9b001fd0c1952761ebc6eb65d8b.jpgb8e44a1a95e72629ab757db069325ba8.jpg220280d0b2bc3bbd871af073da85c636.jpg86bb14b30762395cf4fd4fe46d0fc185.jpg62c5e96d86e8ac518f54f8aa874a98bd.jpg94e2d98307643869d2264436eb0d8e0e.jpg18e076874f86d75845a960d36e6434fc.jpg8c0179648cee1255af10a12b129f68a7.jpg9e671e1142635e9e6a96cfd9921b4915.jpg

Edited by Nikkel
  • Like 2

Looking good buddy, i agree with @PsyCLown . Wouldn't do any trimming just yet, instead rather just bend the fan leaves under other leaves to let light through to lower leaves. 

I used to love getting in there and start snipping, but the guys here advised me otherwise and its been for the better.

See pic below of example how i bend leaves instead of snipping them.

IMG_6039.JPG

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Looking good, I don't think you need to do any trimming yet. Up to you though.
You will be flowering outside too? Will you be putting the plant into the ground or keeping it in pots? It will need a larger pot soon.
Will keep it in pot but move outside when needed... Weather still not too great to plant outside just yet... Got some cheese and skunk beans that will go in the back garden late next month... Will start germination next week.

I'll look into getting some 20l or bigger plastic grow bags this weekend and transplant the lady...
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nikkel said:

Will keep it in pot but move outside when needed... Weather still not too great to plant outside just yet... Got some cheese and skunk beans that will go in the back garden late next month... Will start germination next week.

I'll look into getting some 20l or bigger plastic grow bags this weekend and transplant the lady...

Ahh ok, so the end goal is to put it into the ground?

Yeah, 20L should be fine then and then afterwards put it into the ground. Even 10L may suffice for now, just until the weather improved a bit.

• Like 1