Diary Complete First grow - Deluxe Sugarcane & Friends

Martin7318

23 minutes ago, Martin7318 said:

@Prom, @The_StonedTrooper, @GGG, @Pants, @donnob

Thanks for the comments guys, definitely been an exciting 2 days now. All 3 looking pretty good, only the 1 with some pretty sad looking first leaves. I'm wondering if the Evironoc did that to them, possibly got some on the leaves while watering. I don't know. New growth looks healthy so I'm not concerned about it any more.

Here's to a new week! 🤘😁🤘

Have fun endlessly staring at your younglings wondering what else you can do to make it better 🤣. Patience is born...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My 3 main ladies are looking rather happy in their new homes. My bag seeds are pushing through, I thought I was going to lose 1 as I watched pieces of the leaves literally burn away (I didn't change their soil, thought I'd see what happens to them). Is it safe to assume that original soil was hot??

Anyway, 1 of 3 DS seeds clearly wasn't doing as well as the others but looking better each and every day. I bet you'll immediately be able to point that one out 😂.

I gave my first dose of BioGrow, 2ml/lt of PH'd water. Water was brought down to 5.8 this time around. Leaves have become darker so I believe all is well so far.

20210823_183624.jpg

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

I'm so happy with the progress these plants have made, looking mighty fine and getting a bit bushy now. This leads me to some questions I hope you guys are able to give your input on.

I've got 11lt pots these guys need to move in to. When should I consider doing the move? and then with regards to some LST, should I begin doing that now in these pots or is that something I should only start when they're in their final pots? Topping these plants is also something I'd like some advice on, from what I've read and seen they're getting close to where it's suggested to do this.

Lastly I've got a question for the BioBizz man @Prom, these guys are getting thirsty, needing another watering tonight. Do I feed another 2ml/ltr of BioGrow? Should I be giving them this every watering now? Should I be giving them anything else at this point?

Thanks in advance, happy Wednesday all!

20210825_082053.jpg

Edited by Martin7318
  • Like 2

Go to 1ml Grow per liter till Flip. Watch the tips of your leaves. When you see yellow at the very end. Give them twice just water, then go back to Grow/Fish.

If you don't have.. you need BioBizz Bio Heaven. The BioBizz range is build around that product, is the key to all the buds I grow. If you do not want to spend the cash on BioBizz Bio Heaven, get a bottle of Canna Pro - Amino Boost (as good or even better). The Amino Boost is 150 bugs for a liter and you would add 2ml on 10 liters for your plants.. also till flip. Very very worth it! I do not Ph my rain water using Amino Boost.

If you want to go the full way.. get a bottle of BioBizz Fish-Mix too and swap each feed with Grow. Bloom you get when you flip. The moment you flip, you also give them their first shot of Bloom. The Fish-Mix has some potency, don't toy around with it. 1ml per liter is max you give when using FF Green Bag soil.

Flip you give 1 Grow, 2 Bloom and (4ml per liter Bio Heaven or 3ml per 10 liter Amino Boost). 

When the flowers reach the size of the tip of your pinky, small finger. You add the next product.. Top Max. 1ml per liter. And increase that till max 4ml per liter during the last 2 weeks of flower. The moment you add Top Max is also the moment I go 3ml Bloom per liter and stick to it till the end.

You can PM me any time you have a question... I answer when I see and have the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire! 1

1 hour ago, Prom said:

Go to 1ml Grow per liter till Flip. Watch the tips of your leaves. When you see yellow at the very end. Give them twice just water, then go back to Grow/Fish.

If you don't have.. you need BioBizz Bio Heaven. The BioBizz range is build around that product, is the key to all the buds I grow. If you do not want to spend the cash on BioBizz Bio Heaven, get a bottle of Canna Pro - Amino Boost (as good or even better). The Amino Boost is 150 bugs for a liter and you would add 2ml on 10 liters for your plants.. also till flip. Very very worth it! I do not Ph my rain water using Amino Boost.

If you want to go the full way.. get a bottle of BioBizz Fish-Mix too and swap each feed with Grow. Bloom you get when you flip. The moment you flip, you also give them their first shot of Bloom. The Fish-Mix has some potency, don't toy around with it. 1ml per liter is max you give when using FF Green Bag soil.

Flip you give 1 Grow, 2 Bloom and (4ml per liter Bio Heaven or 3ml per 10 liter Amino Boost). 

When the flowers reach the size of the tip of your pinky, small finger. You add the next product.. Top Max. 1ml per liter. And increase that till max 4ml per liter during the last 2 weeks of flower. The moment you add Top Max is also the moment I go 3ml Bloom per liter and stick to it till the end.

You can PM me any time you have a question... I answer when I see and have the time.

Ah man! This is some great feedback, exactly what I needed. Thank you for taking the time to type this out, @Prom 🤘

I'll go find me some of that BioHeaven!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Martin7318 said:

Damn, this shit is pricey! You say that Amino Boost will do the job. Think I'll go that route for now 😂

Yes, now you know why i swapped 😂 got the same or even little better result with Amino Boost from Canna Pro. Well invested 150 bugs... and lasts a long time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see a lot of horror stories starting with "I went away for the weekend", so naturally I was rather worried about my ladies while away for 4 days. I had a friend go through and give them some water as I figured they'd be dry by day 3.

I came back to the plants all overlapping each other, had a growth spurt of note! So it was time to get my 2nd light going and  time to spread them a part a bit. Tonight I'll start with some LST before topping 🙌🏼

20210830_182639.thumb.jpg.815e518fc032dba801ed12f293a3ff07.jpg

20210830_185631.thumb.jpg.9154584f40a18c7a03b1eeda60c1f822.jpg

• Like 8

14 hours ago, The Grass Baas said:

Those plants look amazing dude. Well done on recovering them.

I can now see that it is a 1.2x0.6m tent.  What are your plans? You going to flower all 6 plants in there?

Thanks, man! I feel rather proud of myself 😂.

I will only be flowering the 3 bigger plants in here. The smaller 3 will be leaving the tent soon.

• Like 1

It's been an exciting week! First time Topping, first time doing some LST and first time defoliating (1 leaf off each plant, but still! 😅).

I'm happy with how it's going, these plants have become a lot more "hands-on" which has made it quite interesting, learning curve has gone up a notch. Still just feeding 1ml/lt of Bio-Grow. Trying to find amino booster in my area to add to it.

Thanks as always for looking, advice and tips always welcome 🙂

20210831_213047.jpg

20210901_075300.jpg

20210902_190014.jpg

20210903_171420.jpg

• Like 7
  • Fire! 1

😁 i know, cutting is fun.. but.. only cut what needs cutting. Would have left those on.. Fan leaves don't need light to be productive, they do also the main gas exchange. Remove what the plant gives up or when it grows to 'bushy'. Less hassle with pests and the plant has better air flow.

Topping at the right time will make your plants focus on the sides. Topping is a way to increase harvest, so is FIM or Mainline (three HST methods). If you see this run as a "gain experience" run.. try all three on one of the three DS plants. Three quick internet searches and read up's. But nice to know your options. When ever you snip, look to sterilize your cutting gear before you do so. In 99% has no effect, and sometimes the plant just dies after a simple snip as some bacteria's of the wrong kind got in. I get a box of medical swipes at the pharmacy. Lasts for a very long time..

Happy plants, very sexy job so far! :-clap

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@Prom , thank you for the guidance as usual 😁. Always great to hear from you.

The 3 leaves that were cut were covering spots I believed needed light. Very interesting to hear of the possibility of killing them from unsterile instrumentation. I think I'm in the clear from using my kitchen scissors but I don't think I'll be doing that again 😅.

I have 1 topped, 1 FIM and 1 I have only done the lst on. Definitely going to be interesting to see the difference. The FIM was an accident ironically. I planned to top the last one soon, but I think I'll take your advice and leave it to compare, or maybe figure out "Mainlining" as mentioned 🤘🏼

• Like 2

Tonight I gained the courage to transfer my babies into their final pots. I wouldn't suggest LST before your final pot as this definitely complicated the whole situation and made it a lot more time consuming 😐. I'm not sure if others have a different opinion on this 😂

Popped in to the local grow shop for some more soil and decided to grab a carbon filter while there. Many people told me that smell would only become a problem when flowering starts but that is definitely not the case here. If I leave my place for a day I come back to a flat smelling like a group of hobbits ripped major bongs throughout the whole place 😂. It was on special and that definitely aided the decision making.

Plants looked quite sad when first put in to their new home, but literally 2 hours and they were looking much better. 1 of the 3 are doing something a little strange, leaves are looking somewhat "Folded". Is it possibly just a bit of over-watering? I don't believe it could be heat as temps are consistent between 23-27 and it's only the 1 out of 6 plants. Or am I just being paranoid?? 🤣

Training and topping is paying off, I'm getting the results i expected. Thought I'd give them a day or 2 before going hard on that again.

20210905_090623.thumb.jpg.cf9e96a42584dc862d380e110297c2f9.jpg

20210906_101613.thumb.jpg.c38fa30b009b25f3c693969ec9ffed3d.jpg

20210906_174750.thumb.jpg.2660ca53b38a274e1408aec07147fe51.jpg

20210906_180533.thumb.jpg.deb3a9ca2af7d7e9b5bf0a4f591c7d19.jpg

20210906_221342.thumb.jpg.a3f42ecbf6c7dffe28d1b8c96fb739aa.jpg

• Like 7

@itchylemon, thank you! Yeah their turn around surprised me too. There are so many factors to consider when recreating an "artificial" environment for these plants. My first mistake was trying to save money on soil, will never do that again 😂. Humidity all of a sudden became a problem the last 2 days all because of a change in POTS! Couldn't believe it. But a few changes here and there and all seems sorted. Will update again over the weekend 🙌🏼

• Like 1

Try to not go over 26 degrees. Start to tune your climate control and tweak it for most efficiency. Look that you have enough air movement inside the tent.

The small ones are better in color too.. think you had a bit to much water in those pots. All 6 plants look healthy now. 👌 You doing it right! 😎

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just a quick update for the weekend, nothing too exciting to mention this time around 😂.

Ladies are looking happy, got my environment sorted with the change in pots and the added filter. Glad to say that's all working. I also added a passive intake to the tent, simply cut my ducting in half and stuck that in one of the holes with a stocking on the end of it. Seems to be helping quite a bit.

I feel bad for having these plants still referred to as numbers, I think it's time they get names... Throw some suggestions in the comments for me 😂

DSC#1

1062283550_20210911_210858(2).thumb.jpg.c50dc2b4c63ba85da53a3ae00941f1a3.jpg

DCS#2

20210911_210925.thumb.jpg.c108771511a110ad2585eb4effef3f60.jpg

DSC#3

20210911_210940.thumb.jpg.ff5ec3ada9abfdd1cb9c564f50b65471.jpg

Still got the 3 little ones in here. Garden prep happening Monday, think they will be moving outside in the following week 🤘

20210911_210838.thumb.jpg.2dfb6ef5c3a7ad729c8e7e6e19cfc87e.jpg

• Like 4
  • Fire! 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been thinking the growth this week was minimal, having the plants trained you don't have height to use as a reference point 😂. Looking at last weeks pictures here it's quite clear just how much these girls have grown. My methods have caused all the growth of these plants to land up on 1 side of the pots, training this week has been an attempt at rectifying that. Progress is slow but definitely noticeable.

My 3 bag seed survivors have been sent to great outdoors. The spot isn't great, it gets some shade throughout the day. I don't have too much faith in them, but I don't plan to watch over them as I do the 3 in my tent. If they don't survive I see it as no loss haha 😅. Interested to see what happens though.

20210918_104925.thumb.jpg.6a00512dcc6e928b7ccec1d552c08091.jpg

20210919_190558.thumb.jpg.8e8883ca2abc88585d800bd777a7d0c7.jpg

20210919_190639.thumb.jpg.5e49ed8b2f1c291dad69d7937421fcb3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Fire! 1

1 hour ago, donnob said:

I  wouldn't be stressing about progress bro, those ladies(?) are looking real f@#$ing good 🤘

When are you planning on flipping them over to 12/12?

Thanks man! Don't come cause bad juju here with your question mark after "ladies" 🤣

I'm thinking it might still be a few weeks until flip. They've got very little height to them. Once I'm happy with the training and branches seem to be growing in the right direction I'll let them get a bit taller and then flip, I rate. What's your opinion or suggestion?

• Like 1

It depends on how you want this to pan out, how much pot you have for your roots and how much tent you have. 

Are you looking to fill your tent and scrog these guys? In which case I'd probably install the net at your desired height and ride it out until it's full then flip.

Are you're looking to top, get a few extra colas and even out your canopy before flower? In that case looks like you've achieved that, to me these girls look mature enough to go to flower, you could give them this week then flip but in the end it's all up to you, your gear and your goals. Can't really see the height you have from your photos but they don't look overly short. Remember the gals are going to stretch during flower also and could easily double or even sometimes triple their height, so be careful not to get them too high and run out of vertical tent space. Also remember the growth spurt in flower comes with root growth as well so vegging too long could constrict your roots. I see you have air pots though which assist in self pruning the roots so I think you should be okay there but maybe someone who's had experience with those pots could comment here

• Like 1