CreX

Ladies are starting to gain ground! 

They not as happy as the other 2 seedlings in the tote... Definitely happier than that poor cutting that I thought was ready to come out the Dome 😂😂... Lol its all but vrekked.. 🤔😉 exciting change on the way if the tote continues as it is😎

IMG_20210527_204117.jpg

IMG_20210527_204124.jpg

• Like 11

7 hours ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Do you not have issues with competing root zones growing in a single tote? Like if one plant is more developed, won't it starve/deprive the others of nutes essentially slowing growth? Just a question

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

No this does not happen, in fact quite the opposite happens, the more variety that can be grown in one place, studies show that they act as a vaster network of nutrient assimilation pathways. Essentially they end up working together.

One plant being more developed than another in this circumstance could better be attributed to phenotype expression. If you were to grow clones in a bed with a majority of different covercrops, personally I’ve noticed super uniform growth.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

No this does not happen, in fact quite the opposite happens, the more variety that can be grown in one place, studies show that they act as a vaster network of nutrient assimilation pathways. Essentially they end up working together.
One plant being more developed than another in this circumstance could better be attributed to phenotype expression. If you were to grow clones in a bed with a majority of different covercrops, personally I’ve noticed super uniform growth.

Wow, I never knew that. That's pretty awesome

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Wow, I never knew that. That's pretty awesome emoji108.png

Yep it’s crazy man, there is always a set of tens of thousands of microbes in and around the seed. They lay there dormant waiting for the correct environment, to explode and push through with life processes. In this ways, you have an indigenous inoculation process happening. So if you could imagine adding different types of genetic profiles of plant species, the diversity increases exponentially. 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

you have an indigenous inoculation process happening. So if you could imagine adding different types of genetic profiles of plant species, the diversity increases exponentially. 

Would I be able to add a tiny bit if Indigenous Micro Organism (IMO) that I harvested into my seedlings pot? 

@ExoticCannabis2021take a look at what I have brewing in my vet area using this method... Followed by my flower tent.

So the only time the plants out grow each other, is if you let them... Keep the canopy level with regular chops... And the whole lot grows uniformly... I try only go for single strain totes, single strain single pheno... So I know it will be uniform 

IMG_20210527_204056.jpg

IMG_20210526_212018.jpg

IMG_20210521_195143.jpg

IMG_20210504_212842.jpg

IMG_20210503_201251.jpg

• Like 6

@ExoticCannabis2021take a look at what I have brewing in my vet area using this method... Followed by my flower tent.
So the only time the plants out grow each other, is if you let them... Keep the canopy level with regular chops... And the whole lot grows uniformly... I try only go for single strain totes, single strain single pheno... So I know it will be uniform 
IMG_20210527_204056.thumb.jpg.5443a71a9835c569f6c0de5565f5ffdb.jpg
IMG_20210526_212018.thumb.jpg.8a9c8149b48bfdacee6d5eac42c4673f.jpg
IMG_20210521_195143.thumb.jpg.f365821ba3171d463475389209a941b1.jpg
IMG_20210504_212842.thumb.jpg.79053489319790b5dc29b7144e188c55.jpg
IMG_20210503_201251.thumb.jpg.8b6f8bae528999099c5d063e1e8c31ef.jpg
Wow, those look great. I wont lie, that's such a better method of growing. Being in this competition and watching everyone share their methods and stories is really making me start to question everything I've been doing and everything I think I know about Cannabis

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Wow, those look greatemoji7.png. I wont lie, that's such a better method of growing. Being in this competition and watching everyone share their methods and stories is really making me start to question everything I've been doing and everything I think I know about Cannabisemoji28.png

Thanks man!!! I'm really trying some new things. 

Iv been watching the large commercial grows in their large coco beds, and double trellis.. And though how do I do this at home? How do I turn their success... Into my success. 

So I moved to large totes with multiple plants.... Which worked... But the colas flop over easily and it was a mess... So I added stakes and double trellis per tote... And this is the result... I can't wait for harvest time hahaha

The next thing I'm going for, is micro harvests... I have set up the tent on a 10 week cycle, there are 5 totes in my flower tent, which means I harvest a tote every 2 weeks, and then replace it with a tote that's ready for flower.

Instead of loading my tent with a full flower set up... And risk running into problems with under developed plants or sickly plants or just issues in general.... Now if I have a problem... I can resolve it easily without being set back 5 months. Down time is now reduced to 2 weeks or a max of 4 weeks 😁😁😁

• Like 6

From Friday to this evening 

Is it just me... Or are these plants sorta twisting!? The direction of the 1st 3leaf is facing a different direction in the Friday Pic than today's Pic!! Iv never noticed that before

IMG_20210527_204117.jpg

IMG_20210530_223642.jpg

• Like 4

23 hours ago, CreX said:

Thanks man!!! I'm really trying some new things. 

Iv been watching the large commercial grows in their large coco beds, and double trellis.. And though how do I do this at home? How do I turn their success... Into my success. 

So I moved to large totes with multiple plants.... Which worked... But the colas flop over easily and it was a mess... So I added stakes and double trellis per tote... And this is the result... I can't wait for harvest time hahaha

The next thing I'm going for, is micro harvests... I have set up the tent on a 10 week cycle, there are 5 totes in my flower tent, which means I harvest a tote every 2 weeks, and then replace it with a tote that's ready for flower.

Instead of loading my tent with a full flower set up... And risk running into problems with under developed plants or sickly plants or just issues in general.... Now if I have a problem... I can resolve it easily without being set back 5 months. Down time is now reduced to 2 weeks or a max of 4 weeks 😁😁😁

The micro harvest setup is a great idea. Almost like SOG but without the drama of having to take care of individual plants. Brilliant innovative idea! Will you be training or just growing one main cola?

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

The micro harvest setup is a great idea. Almost like SOG but without the drama of having to take care of individual plants. Brilliant innovative idea! Will you be training or just growing one main cola?

Thanks man! i am hoping others try this method of growing out as i am really enjoying it! 

at the moment with the single pheno totes... i kinda treat the whole tote as one plant, and that makes growing 30 plants, as easy as growing 5

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CreX said:

Thanks man! i am hoping others try this method of growing out as i am really enjoying it! 

at the moment with the single pheno totes... i kinda treat the whole tote as one plant, and that makes growing 30 plants, as easy as growing 5

4KgN.gif.e0060a6b69f13e48a909a26b95693447.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha 7

On 5/30/2021 at 9:50 AM, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Being in this competition and watching everyone share their methods and stories is really making me start to question everything I've been doing and everything I think I know about Cannabis

Yeah these competitions are an amazing way to learn. Its the best and cheapest cannabis school around.

Such a great community, thanks again everyone :) 

• Like 8
  • Agree 3

Lazy Sunday night post for you all!! 

Came home from not seeing the plants in 2 days and decided to clean up the lowers which are taking up space now and will become nothing... And be Chopped later anyway so why not now right? 

Growth is looking amaze balls on both plants... One is clearly ahead, but both ladies are very happy indeed. 

Please.... For your perusal 

IMG_20210606_223244.jpg

• Like 13

as far as training goes, you can see i have topped both plans quite low, allowing the bottom 4 stems to dominate the growth. i will likely not be doing too much training other than this and will rely on the use of my flowering stakes and trellis netting for plant containment and late flower support.

i will use leave tucking and be cleaning up my stems to promote energy to the upper growth and main colas

this is my usual training method, if i have time, i will top the plants until i have an even canopy and then flip, but that will not be the case with these ladies in this competition. they will do their thing and flower 4-6 colas each 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, CreX said:

as far as training goes, you can see i have topped both plans quite low, allowing the bottom 4 stems to dominate the growth. i will likely not be doing too much training other than this and will rely on the use of my flowering stakes and trellis netting for plant containment and late flower support.

i will use leave tucking and be cleaning up my stems to promote energy to the upper growth and main colas

this is my usual training method, if i have time, i will top the plants until i have an even canopy and then flip, but that will not be the case with these ladies in this competition. they will do their thing and flower 4-6 colas each 

Looking awesome

• Thanks 1

• 420SA pinned this topic
  • 420SA unpinned this topic