41 minutes ago, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

Good evening Growmies

My father has a Spaniel that seems to be going blind.. Would CBD oil treatment slow it down at all?

Has your ol man had a vet check it out? Is it cataracts?

We of course know about cannabis and the treatment of glaucoma. I think cataracts is a different ball game though

Yeah vet checked it out.. Done deal.. he's going blind and fast. I got some CBD oil for him to see if it might slow it down. I know it will help with his arthritis but the cataracts I am also not to sure about... but let's see..
Did the vet check if the dog's tear duct produce tears? They would have inserted a piece of paper in its eyes to measure it.

I stand to correction here, but cataracts in humans needs surgical intervention to remove them, a rather quick procedure with an immediate effect...so I dont think the CBD will have any effect on that, as far as glaucoma is concerned weed helps to reduce the intra occular pressure and thats the mechanism of action in that particular case...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SAgrower said:
8 hours ago, GreenGrow Garden Route said:
Yeah vet checked it out.. Done deal.. he's going blind and fast. I got some CBD oil for him to see if it might slow it down. I know it will help with his arthritis but the cataracts I am also not to sure about... but let's see..

Did the vet check if the dog's tear duct produce tears? They would have inserted a piece of paper in its eyes to measure it.

No have no Idea.. but will find out..

7 hours ago, Wulf said:

I stand to correction here, but cataracts in humans needs surgical intervention to remove them, a rather quick procedure with an immediate effect...so I dont think the CBD will have any effect on that, as far as glaucoma is concerned weed helps to reduce the intra occular pressure and thats the mechanism of action in that particular case...

Yeah bud.. The procedure on the dog would be 14K... bit steap.. Wanna try the CBD... Imagine it works...😂

• Sad 1

Shame bro... It's always terrible to see your best friend slowly lose his senses. 

Sadly as much as cannabis is an amazing healing plant... Some things are just best left up to the professionals. 

See if the vet would be willing to take a few payments for the operation... 

Although... A blind dog can still be a happy doggy... If he has lived at the place where he is his whole life... Going blind won't be the worst thing to happen, as sad as it is to say that man. 

I am doubtful that CBD will be able to slow or reverse the failing eyesight... But it will definitely assist in whatever discomfort the spaniel may be experiencing, so there's that bro. Strongs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Evening Growmies.

Just to give some feedback.. The CBD oil is most definately improving his mood and he is far more active.. He is still going more and more blind as the days go by... But today I noticed the the white in the eye is not enlarging but subsiding.. Although this is happening he is still blind as a bat...

20201221_165036.thumb.jpg.986c1990cb407ad4a3d7add2ada5c66d.jpg

11 years old..

:-peace

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, GreenGrow Garden Route said:

Afternoon guys and girls.. Just a quick question. Would the CBD stimulate his appetite.. like in heavely...?

Does weed give you the munchies?

I think it is a very big possibility it could increase ones appetite. Whether that is caused by THC, CBD or something else I am not 100% sure though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

Does weed give you the munchies?

I think it is a very big possibility it could increase ones appetite. Whether that is caused by THC, CBD or something else I am not 100% sure though.

It's quite obvious that depending on what you partake of, you'll get munchies.. Sometimes a bit sicosomattic... But when I use CBD Oil I can not really tell that I get munchies... But this dog has munchies bad.. It's assif he's hungry all the time.. I'm not to sure how much percentage CBD the oil is or even if there is some THC in the mix. So yeah probably munchies.. I just did not expect it to be this bad..

It's quite obvious that depending on what you partake of, you'll get munchies.. Sometimes a bit sicosomattic... But when I use CBD Oil I can not really tell that I get munchies... But this dog has munchies bad.. It's assif he's hungry all the time.. I'm not to sure how much percentage CBD the oil is or even if there is some THC in the mix. So yeah probably munchies.. I just did not expect it to be this bad..
I do not have much experience when it comes to using oil with animals, however I believe they need less than we do.

Also there is always some thc if you've made it yourself from bud. Even the Charlottes Angel strain I grew has thc, albeit quite a low amount its still in there.

I guess if you skip a day or two, does the dog want to eat the same amount?

May not be a bad idea to deworm all animals too if that hasn't been done in a while. Its cheep too.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk