Sweeet, got a Fem Inzane in the membrane seed from Ethos chilling in the fridge, in line for my next grow.
Will be following for sure, excited to see what happens here!
Plants are looking sexy my dude!
Haha, thanks bro... And all the best with your grow.

Can I just ask, why do you keep them in the fridge? Is it not too cold for extended periods?

I'm genuinely not sure so if you're doing it for a valid reason I may just change how I store mine.
I just have them in a metal tin in a dark cupboard as a fool proof storage method.

I'm planning to switch to flower in a day or 2.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks man!

I guess the only reason I have is that the cold temp slows down biological activity, but the most important is that the temps are constant. Flux in temps will create moisture, but yeah rice is always good. I also got like 2 or 3 little rice grains in the airtight lightproof jar, that's another important thing, no light. I wouldn't recommend putting it in the food fridge though, not because of the food but you'll be opening the fridge often causing the temps to flux. Freezing them will kill them.

If you think about it, in nature the plant drops the seed before winter and the seed lays and waits till spring time. Usually two or three months spent in "cold shock" before they pop when the temps heat up.

Then again I obviously don't know how old the seeds are or how they where stored before.

I have seeds in my cupboard too, all of them are probably still viable! 

I am no expert... but my latest harvest is from a 15 year old seed that was stored at room temperature.. All my plants from last season was anything from 5 to 17 year old seeds that was stored at room temperature.. I don't  think it's such a issue.. If it affects the quality then maybe I would of had cup winners.. But I was happy.. :-2cents

• Like 1

I also store most of my seeds in the fridge, I use silica gel beads to absorb any possible excess moisture.

Storing seeds properly will help increase their shelf life. You want them stored in a dry space, hence the silica or I get rice. Don't want it to get moldy or to pop pre-maturely and preferably away from light too.
The fridge I have mine in doesn't have a light, I also barely open it.
My more expensive seeds are stored in the fridge currently.
I'm able to do it, so I do it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My 2c says there are more of proven guidelines for any kind of storage for anything... Be it seeds or art or books. 

If you want to preserve it best, you need an environment that is not conducive to molds and bacteria slowly gnawing away at your precious shit. 

So to do that, you need a cool environment with very low humidity. 

Keep it out of sunlight... And that's the only light you need to be concerned about... Doubt you're going to store your seeds under your lights either... But a fridge/room/garage light is not going to affect your seeds in the slightest. 

So the closest to this would be a fridge in one's home. 

Valid point brought up by @Naughty.Psychonaut condensation is a problem in a fridge, so storing them in  the draw in the fridge is the better option than the fridge door or top shelf.

Also rice and silica gel absorb moisture in the air/container which will drop the humidity right down. 

If I'm not mistaken, seed banks keep their seeds at 5°C and 5%RH

• Like 3

Really upto you, if you're in a hurry you could flip now but a day or two won't make a massive difference imo but they're at the point where they'll now start to explode in terms of growth.
Your tent looks nice and full and they'll stretch in flower too.

They may not be very tall plants, but that's not an issue really. As long as they're trained well and you defoliate nicely to ensure good light penetration it shouldn't be too much of an issue and I don't see it hurting yields all that much.

• Like 2

On 5/18/2020 at 9:03 PM, Stinger96 said:

All my plants from last season was anything from 5 to 17 year old seeds that was stored at room temperature.. I don't  think it's such a issue.. If it affects the quality then maybe I would of had cup winners..

Damn boooii, would it be too much to ask if you can store my seeds for me too hahah I'm just kidding brother, yeah with seed storage you have to remember it's not a peice of plastic, it's organic biological matter, obviously it's gona loose viability, even if stored "correctly". Maybe you did have some cup winner seeds laying around!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

They do pretty well though...

IMG-20200510-WA0020.thumb.jpg.0b72489a53ebf90b45c350802bd68b34.jpg

They sure do. 

I got a jar filled with all kinds of seeds from custard apple tree seeds to evening primrose seeds and there are a shit load of cannabis seeds in there too. When I pop those I usually get about 85-100% success, so I don't have any problem storing them in a cupboard. Mine are in the dark, cool, airtight sealed with rice, but they're "bag seed" so not always the best grows and I usually just pop them to keep myself entertained and harvest when I get a nice flower! 

What is that you growing there?

• Like 1

Aaand here the Ethos Strains are; Inzane on the left

I gave them another defoliation a couple of hours ago and I'll flip them soon. Just waiting for the to-be clones grow out a bit more.

Hopefully it doesn't get too crowded once flower is in full swing.

The first 2 pictures are the before shots, last 2 are the afters. 

IMG_20200521_173251.jpg

IMG_20200521_173309.jpg

IMG_20200521_180701.jpg

IMG_20200521_180708_1.jpg

• Like 2

Not too shabby man - iv just read through this thread to make sure i didnt miss anything along the way that led to your last update.

Everything looked solid, but now in this last update the plants are droopy.

i couldnt quite make out how often you feeding your ladies? you said you mix 4 different ph levels to balance the feed. but not sure if its 4 times a day or 4 times a week or less.

the droopy leaves indicate one or both of the following - over watering or a problem with your root zone. 

have you just watered or taken pics during lights off? or have you noticed any issues?

• Like 2

Not too shabby man - iv just read through this thread to make sure i didnt miss anything along the way that led to your last update.
i couldnt quite make out how often you feeding your ladies? you said you mix 4 different ph levels to balance the feed. but not sure if its 4 times a day or 4 times a week or less.
the droopy leaves indicate one or both of the following - over watering or a problem with your root zone. 
have you just watered or taken pics during lights off? or have you noticed any issues?

Thanks for the read, and man you have a sharp eye.

Its not over watering or root issues... I neglected them for the past day and a half, and they've missed their watering, going a day and a half too long without having a drink.

I've finally managed to get a break to give them some water after taking those pictures.

I feed the 4 different pH levels throughout the week, not 4 times a day.
Sorry about the ambiguity.

• Like 1

I assume you've flipped them already?

I agree with@CreX they don't look very happy.

I'm flipping them tomorrow, had to get them hydrated first.

I'll let them bounce back up (should be fine by morning) and from the next light cycle they will be under 12/12.

Their current appearance is due to my negligence...

I'll get some pictures up in a few hours to show you guys how they're doing.

Well, it's been more than a few hours but;

Greetings everyone! Lol

Update time. 

The tent is looking awesome right now. 

I changed the timer to 12/12 and flipped the bloom switch on as well. They're due for a feeding when the light comes on later. 

They're also in for a major defoliation in a few days... Let's hope it isn't too much for them to handle. 

So I took on a small project that took me about 45 chilled minutes to get done.

A Small DIY CO2 generator. 

I know some of the advantages and disadvantages of running CO2 in a tent and how to properly use it, but I figured it couldn't hurt even though I have a vented setup. I'm not gonna seal up my tent, try to control climate and all that stuff, it's just something new to do and maintain. Please don't hate, lol.

To make the generetor;

- I simply rinsed out a 2L bottle, filled it a bit over the label with tap water (my tap water is pretty clean @67ppm). I know distilled water is better to use but I wasn't up to waiting for some to get delivered or setting up a quick distillation apparatus. The cost is minimal this way. 

- I added almost a cup full of brown sugar and shook the bottle until all the sugar was dissolved.

- I made a hole in 1 bottle cap for the sugar/yeast mixture and hot glued a pipe in place for the CO2 to travel through as well as to serve as a detector in another bottle. 

- I added a 20g sachet of dry, high foam superbrew yeast to the bottle and shook it up a bit (closed with a normal cap) first to mix it up. I then screwed the cap with the single pipe onto this bottle and left it aside to allowe some time for the mixture to start reacting. 

- I made 2 holes in the cap for the "detector" bottle, 1 for the pipe from the first bottle submerged in water and the 2nd to channel the CO2 to the circulation fan with both pipes sealed onto the cap with hot glue. The pipe is submerged so it can develop bubbles as CO2 is being formed. This is so I can monitor how active the mixture is.

- I tied a small hand towel over the yeast mixture to shield it from my grow light and placed everything in the tent. 

I'll maintain this yeast solution by emptying out 70-80% of the solution out, filling it up with fresh water and adding another cup of sugar.

This will be done every week or so, I'll judge by how many bubbles per/s can be viewed at the detector. The process creates byproducts that will make the solution toxic to the yeast if left unattended for more than a week or 2.

Here's a short video on the setup;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgmEdQh96P/?igshid=5rkucicrj7bt

I'll put up a few pictures of it also, in case the link doesn't work for you.

I've included a few shots of the girls as well. 

Enjoy.

IMG_20200523_004715.thumb.jpg.45e4dfeb315400042659d57fa2045066.jpg

IMG_20200523_004722.thumb.jpg.b143872b22f0025937adfdeeba33ea42.jpg

IMG_20200523_004734.thumb.jpg.97987db0ea44c3398493f175b34bbaab.jpg

IMG_20200522_040849_1.thumb.jpg.7682940e969db18f9f65f8a3abf96946.jpg

IMG_20200522_053659.thumb.jpg.4382c2766f496cf0a2da1eb59ed7047d.jpg

IMG_20200522_053651.thumb.jpg.59ff32b46ff0d1812609c3f30f4abecf.jpg

Edited by TheUltimateNoob
  • Like 2

Nice man, looks like a pretty neat job too!! 

Let us know how it goes. 

Iv never played with co2 but am super keen to try some things... I'll be trying the sealed room vibe so it's on ice atm so I can get everything I need lol. 

For now, I know that it must be dark dark during night cycle, and that plants absorb co2 during light cycle. 

So I'm in the fortunate position to be able to keep my flowering tent open the entire 12h to allow for a much more stable co2 concentration throughout my tend during lights on... Sure it's still only 400ppm... But it's better than a poor ventilation system. 

Kuddos on the co2 generator lol... Ten bucks says you have an alcohol brew on the way in your cupboards too? 😜

• Like 1

Well, it's been more than a few hours but;

Greetings everyone! Lol

Update time. 

The tent is looking awesome right now. 

I changed the timer to 12/12 and flipped the bloom switch on as well. They're due for a feeding when the light comes on later. 

They're also in for a major defoliation in a few days... Let's hope it isn't too much for them to handle. 

So I took on a small project that took me about 45 chilled minutes to get done.

A Small DIY CO2 generator. 

I know some of the advantages and disadvantages of running CO2 in a tent and how to properly use it, but I figured it couldn't hurt even though I have a vented setup. I'm not gonna seal up my tent, try to control climate and all that stuff, it's just something new to do and maintain. Please don't hate, lol.

To make the generetor;

- I simply rinsed out a 2L bottle, filled it a bit over the label with tap water (my tap water is pretty clean @67ppm). I know distilled water is better to use but I wasn't up to waiting for some to get delivered or setting up a quick distillation apparatus. The cost is minimal this way. 

- I added almost a cup full of brown sugar and shook the bottle until all the sugar was dissolved.

- I made a hole in 1 bottle cap for the sugar/yeast mixture and hot glued a pipe in place for the CO2 to travel through as well as to serve as a detector in another bottle. 

- I added a 20g sachet of dry, high foam superbrew yeast to the bottle and shook it up a bit (closed with a normal cap) first to mix it up. I then screwed the cap with the single pipe onto this bottle and left it aside to allowe some time for the mixture to start reacting. 

- I made 2 holes in the cap for the "detector" bottle, 1 for the pipe from the first bottle submerged in water and the 2nd to channel the CO2 to the circulation fan with both pipes sealed onto the cap with hot glue. The pipe is submerged so it can develop bubbles as CO2 is being formed. This is so I can monitor how active the mixture is.

- I tied a small hand towel over the yeast mixture to shield it from my grow light and placed everything in the tent. 

I'll maintain this yeast solution by emptying out 70-80% of the solution out, filling it up with fresh water and adding another cup of sugar.

This will be done every week or so, I'll judge by how many bubbles per/s can be viewed at the detector. The process creates byproducts that will make the solution toxic to the yeast if left unattended for more than a week or 2.

Here's a short video on the setup;

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAgmEdQh96P/?igshid=5rkucicrj7bt

I'll put up a few pictures of it also, in case the link doesn't work for you.

I've included a few shots of the girls as well. 

Enjoy.

IMG_20200523_004715.thumb.jpg.45e4dfeb315400042659d57fa2045066.jpg

IMG_20200523_004722.thumb.jpg.b143872b22f0025937adfdeeba33ea42.jpg

IMG_20200523_004734.thumb.jpg.97987db0ea44c3398493f175b34bbaab.jpg

IMG_20200522_040849_1.thumb.jpg.7682940e969db18f9f65f8a3abf96946.jpg

IMG_20200522_053659.thumb.jpg.4382c2766f496cf0a2da1eb59ed7047d.jpg

IMG_20200522_053651.thumb.jpg.59ff32b46ff0d1812609c3f30f4abecf.jpg

I could be wrong, but Brewers / brewing yeast may not be the best option here, although it will certainly cause no harm.

When brewers yeast consumes sugars, it creates co2 and alcohol, whereas bakers yeast will focus on co2, with alcohol as a side effect. I've found that 1g of yeast per 100g sugar and 1L water seems to be a pretty fool proof recipe with plenty bubbling...

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice man, looks like a pretty neat job too!! 
Let us know how it goes. 
Iv never played with co2 but am super keen to try some things... I'll be trying the sealed room vibe so it's on ice atm so I can get everything I need lol. 
For now, I know that it must be dark dark during night cycle, and that plants absorb co2 during light cycle. 
So I'm in the fortunate position to be able to keep my flowering tent open the entire 12h to allow for a much more stable co2 concentration throughout my tend during lights on... Sure it's still only 400ppm... But it's better than a poor ventilation system. 
Kuddos on the co2 generator lol... Ten bucks says you have an alcohol brew on the way in your cupboards too?
Haha, you're 10 bucks out bro!... I haven't started my alcohol brew yet, lmao. I was thinking about it last night.

• Haha 1

I could be wrong, but Brewers / brewing yeast may not be the best option here, although it will certainly cause no harm. 
When brewers yeast consumes sugars, it creates co2 and alcohol, whereas bakers yeast will focus on co2, with alcohol as a side effect. I've found that 1g of yeast per 100g sugar and 1L water seems to be a pretty fool proof recipe with plenty bubbling...

Lmao, I was just coming on here to say I may have made a mistake... But I didn't know there were different yeasts so I'll head out tomorrow and get the bakers one.

Anyway, I've added waaaaaaay too much yeast in this bottle, it stopped bubbling in about 24 hrs.

I've transferred the contents to a 5L bottle and added 2 more cups of sugar to keep it going as well as another 2L of water.

I was also thinking of having a bottle between the generator and detector to serve as a CO2 collection vessel... I can then add a small valve to somewhat regulate the flow of CO2, hopefully to make the entire thing a bit more efficient.

• Like 2

Lmao, I was just coming on here to say I may have made a mistake... But I didn't know there were different yeasts so I'll head out tomorrow and get the bakers one.

Anyway, I've added waaaaaaay too much yeast in this bottle, it stopped bubbling in about 24 hrs.

I've transferred the contents to a 5L bottle and added 2 more cups of sugar to keep it going as well as another 2L of water.

I was also thinking of having a bottle between the generator and detector to serve as a CO2 collection vessel... I can then add a small valve to somewhat regulate the flow of CO2, hopefully to make the entire thing a bit more efficient.

Great idea to regulate output, that is definately an easy Diy. You could even use an 'air regulator' for fishtanks.

Key things to remember

1. Dissolve all sugar, use a stove top if needed. I normally just boil the kettle, +- 1.7L, dissolve my 500g - 600g brown sugar.

2. Ensure sufficient oxygen. Yeast needs oxygen and sugar to create Co2. Using a 5L bottle, shake up the remaining 3.3L or use an airstone and pump to add O2.

3. Add dissolved sugar mixture to cold water. Once sugar has been added, you can once again give it a good shake, ensure proper mixing whilst adding O2 by means of shaking

4. Temperature, you want your water temp to be around room temp, if the water is too hot, it will kill your yeast, same goes for cold water. When water is right temp, add your yeast. 5g per 5L, but using those 7g anchor sticks, will work just fine.

5. Do not shake the bottle after adding yeast, you can after 15mins,turn the bottle a few times to mix, but don't shake.

6. Water trap. It is quite important to make sure no O2 can get back into your mix. A pinhole or 2 in the lid of a cooldrink bottle will also works.

Good luck and use that brewers yeast to make some cider :). Brewers yeast is hard to come by at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1