First ever Grow...

MrE

25 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

The first part of that reply is what I was looking for πŸ˜‚

You most certainly hit me with the full textbook there didn't youπŸ™ˆ

My comment was more light hearted and meant as a joke, since you kept changing itπŸ˜‰

But too true, Dr Bugbee, has done ample research and I'm sure not the guy to improve on his workπŸ™Œ

Hehe, I gotcha dude. πŸ™‚

Sorry about blabbing. I'm sure it's probably super annoying. Gotta control that.

Edited by MrE
  • Haha 1

I don't know if switching from 24/0 to 18/6 caused the twins to start preflower, maybe combined with suddenly receiving correctly PHd water, or if they just naturally start this early, but whatever, they look much healthier.PXL_20210419_171054749.jpg

PXL_20210419_171245669.jpg

PXL_20210419_170835518.jpg*Illuminati confirmed.PXL_20210419_170927786~2.jpg

PXL_20210419_170927786~3.jpg

PXL_20210419_171847632.jpg

PXL_20210419_171847632~3.jpg

PXL_20210419_183403783~2.jpg

Edited by MrE
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Upgraded from 9.5l pots to 20l.

Correction: All Auto.

DS: Creme De La Soul (FF + a little Magic Rabbit Compost) (feminised)

CDxCDS: Chemdawg x Creme De La Soul (FF + a little Magic Rabbit Compost) (feminised)

CDxCDS FF: as above but straight FF (feminised) (planted a week later, so smallest, the rest are a similar age)

CDSxBC: Creme De La Soul x Blood Cake (regular)(Edit: male, so the young man has to leave unf)

In any case, what a wonderful feeling to be starting over again!

IMG_20210515_005103087.jpg

IMG_20210515_011157605.jpg

IMG_20210515_044436087.jpg

Edited by MrE
  • Like 4

The Magneto works great.. One needs at least 2 if you want to extend light hrs for vege if you vege outside your tent.. My cuts got half confuzed with only one and hovered between flower and vege.. The intensity with one is just not enough..Β 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wrt the Magneto, yep I'm pretty much just hoping to avoid stressing them into early flower. I don't know if that's a thing, I know Prom says you can do whatever to them, ..but I'm just playing it safe. Been happening too much.

IMG_20210531_185818255.jpg

Edited by MrE
  • Like 2

Here's one for ya.Β 

Thoughts on removing the lowest fan leaves in an attempt to increase airflow/encourage energy to focus on the top, or would I just be removing beneficial energy reserves and it's better the way it is?

PXL_20210619_002650264.jpg

Edited by MrE
  • Like 1

A mate reminded me I should have the fans aimed at the canopy. Sometimes I overlook the most important things.

PXL_20210623_025930402.jpg

IΒ ended up defoliating selectively in order to maximize canopy surface area, aka a bit of both.

Edited by MrE
  • Like 5

On 6/19/2021 at 12:35 AM, MrE said:

Thoughts on removing the lowest fan leaves in an attempt to increase airflow/encourage energy to focus on the top, or would I just be removing beneficial energy reserves and it's better the way it is?

Continually removing the lower leaves works for me. I pluck away any lower bud sites too.

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Pants said:

Not looking like a first grow man. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe, any mods around here that can change it for me? Bit misleading at this point.

• Haha 2

On 5/31/2021 at 6:59 PM, MrE said:

Wrt the Magneto, yep I'm pretty much just hoping to avoid stressing them into early flower. I don't know if that's a thing, I know Prom says you can do whatever to them, ..but I'm just playing it safe. Been happening too much.

Β 

Yep, for Autos you don't really have to put a backup light in. They don't care and follow their timer. Autos are the easy work around to load shedding. Even stage 6 or more, is annoying, but doesn't stress the plant. If there would be a way to clone autos.. would only grow those. Looking very good.. just go on with what you do.. you do it right 😁

Edited by Prom
added 'with' ^^ is a sentence now hehe
  • Like 3

for autos and load shedding the stress will come more from there not being airflow.

but that's the same in all cases, not autos only

autos don't grow according to light cycles. you can even flower them perfectly fine on a 18/6 cycle

also if you got PM or any other mold sporesΒ floating around in the tent already theΒ 2/3hrs of no airflow may allow them to settle and find a spot they like.Β 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1