Which humidity and temp monitor/gauge

Nope

Ez 420SA crew. 

I have the below unit which I purchased last year. I used for this last auto grow which turned out okay, but there is room for improvement.  On the whole this unit seems a little flimsy and I'm not sure if it is accurate . Is there any way to test its accuracy? I have some super fire genes coming from the some friends in the USA, so for the the next two months I am going on a mission to get my tent dialed in to perfect parameters for the cultivation of these wonderful plants. I don't have an issue spending some tin(within reason), provided it is going to further me on my quest for the perfect environment.  What are you using in your tents? What product would you spend on if you had the means? 

image.thumb.png.3d2d1812bf347d787c9886f28dbe9b95.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Heteropyxis said:

Ez 420SA crew. 

I have the below unit which I purchased last year. I used for this last auto grow which turned out okay, but there is room for improvement.  On the whole this unit seems a little flimsy and I'm not sure if it is accurate . Is there any way to test its accuracy? I have some super fire genes coming from the some friends in the USA, so for the the next two months I am going on a mission to get my tent dialed in to perfect parameters for the cultivation of these wonderful plants. I don't have an issue spending some tin(within reason), provided it is going to further me on my quest for the perfect environment.  What are you using in your tents? What product would you spend on if you had the means? 

image.thumb.png.3d2d1812bf347d787c9886f28dbe9b95.png

I have one like those, it just sits and does its thing.

But my pride and joy is Sonoff Th16 switch I think it is. You can connect it to a heater and it has a probe that measure temperature and humidity, So you can actually regulate a desired temperature or humidity through this nifty WIFI switch. (depending on what you connect it too)

Available at Communica... Thanks to this forum.

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

I have one like those, it just sits and does its thing.

But my pride and joy is Sonoff Th16 switch I think it is. You can connect it to a heater and it has a probe that measure temperature and humidity, So you can actually regulate a desired temperature or humidity through this nifty WIFI switch. (depending on what you connect it too)

Available at Communica... Thanks to this forum.

Thanks man. I'll look into it. 

I live with China parts and a tupperware box 😂 2 ventilation setup, one in, one out for each. The box handles 4 6inch inliners.

16106121433725040996743225749403.thumb.jpg.31f401500ffe0efa03d88485be28ba99.jpg

Tent was dark when i took the picture.. but still easy to read. Humidity handling inside the tent. Temp i cook outside the tent. The humidity handling inside is only to not run into PM issues. I avoid anything over 60% during flower on the inside. 

• Like 1

The Sonoff TH16 is a decent option as are these: https://www.botshop.co.za/product/stc-3028-temperature-and-humidity-controller-220v/?dTribesID=8a39de08ff8b3b134be2df5a9f4c5a32|adtribes|58226&utm_source=Google Shopping&utm_campaign=Google feed&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=58226&gclid=Cj0KCQiA9P__BRC0ARIsAEZ6iriJV3QRKb90jqTBaqif1T25Mhz9W31NiBtDDSW1K8Pf_EeTJyyrg5UaApWsEALw_wcB

They both do the same thing, connect something to it and then they will turn it on / off based on the parameters (Temperature or humidity).

Zephyr Farms stock AC Infinity fans which come with a nice controller and a probe for temp and RH, the fan can then be set to certain speeds depending on the RH or temp.

Although ultimately, an aircon and/or dehumidifier may be needed depending on the ambient temp and ambient humidity. These typically will turn off at the set temperature or humidity automatically and kick in again when the temp or humidity increases outside of the set range.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Prom said:

I live with China parts and a tupperware box 😂 2 ventilation setup, one in, one out for each. The box handles 4 6inch inliners.

16106121433725040996743225749403.thumb.jpg.31f401500ffe0efa03d88485be28ba99.jpg

Tent was dark when i took the picture.. but still easy to read. Humidity handling inside the tent. Temp i cook outside the tent. The humidity handling inside is only to not run into PM issues. I avoid anything over 60% during flower on the inside. 

I don't think I can do this with my 1m² tent. I've upgraded to a HIT Centrifugal fan blasting fresh air in from outside, and using the positive pressure to exhaust(also outside). should I be considering a second HIT fan for the exhaust? 

2 hours ago, Gloriosa superba said:

I don't think I can do this with my 1m² tent. I've upgraded to a HIT Centrifugal fan blasting fresh air in from outside, and using the positive pressure to exhaust(also outside). should I be considering a second HIT fan for the exhaust? 

I'm sure you want a slight negative pressure in your tent, not positive pressure. I would use the fan for extraction and settle for passive intake.

+1 for the Sonoff TH16, I too use one.

• Like 2

I realise now that I could use with some advice please. This is where I'm at.. 

1) fan with filter and silencer. 

2) through the wall into top of tent. 

3) exhaust Duct 20cm(or there about) into garage. Or I've put a 110mm hole through the wall at knee height. The original plan was to use a smaller duct to exhaust straight out of the space...But, I don't think the 110mm Duct can handle the amount of air the fan is pumping in even on its lowest setting.

4) I'm trying to make it super tidy in a less is more way. Lol. 

I've not bought any of the equipment in these images, so I've got budget should I need a second fan. As above and always, your advise, crit, opinion and guidance is always appreciated. 

IMG_20210114_181016.jpg

IMG_20210114_181535.jpg

IMG_20210114_181604.jpg

IMG_20210114_181647.jpg

• Like 1

I like that water tray thing you have in your tent, what is it and where'd you get it from?

So the air in take is from outside (literally), you have a filter there to ensure no bugs and dust get into your tent from outside? The airintake goes into the top of the tent?

6" fan with 4" ducting?

Then at the bottom I see some more, larger ducting - this is to get the air out your tent and there is no fan connected? So working on the positive pressure build up in the tent to exhaust air out of your tent?

56 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I like that water tray thing you have in your tent, what is it and where'd you get it from?

So the air in take is from outside (literally), you have a filter there to ensure no bugs and dust get into your tent from outside? The airintake goes into the top of the tent?

6" fan with 4" ducting? 

Then at the bottom I see some more, larger ducting - this is to get the air out your tent and there is no fan connected? So working on the positive pressure build up in the tent to exhaust air out of your tent?

Thank you for your reply @PsyCLown the plastic tray on the floor I got from GTHydro. It was quite dear, but worth it for the long run. 

The fan runs a 6inch duct into the top of tent. The larger ducting on the bottom left is 150mm which I want to function as the exhaust. The plan was positive pressure to do this ,but i'm not sure if this will work. Do I need to add a fan the to the exhaust? This space also has a 110mm hole at knee height that can be use to push "used air" out of the space to the outdoors.  

Thanks Again. 

Edited by Gloriosa superba
ham fisted
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gloriosa superba said:

Thank you for your reply @PsyCLown the plastic tray on the floor I got from GTHydro. It was quite dear, but worth it for the long run. 

The fan runs a 6inch duct into the top of tent. The larger ducting on the bottom left is 150mm which I want to function as the exhaust. The plan was positive pressure to do this ,but i'm not sure if this will work. Do I need to add a fan the to the exhaust? This space also has a 110mm hole at knee height that can be use to push "used air" out of the space to the outdoors.  

Thanks Again. 

It should work to move air out of the tent as the pressure builds up. If you turn your fan onto the fastest setting and go feel the other end of the exhaust ducting, you should feel a bit of a breeze.

I will be running fans for intake and exhaust though as I have filters on both fans - intake filter to keep the dust and such out and then carbon filter on exhaust fan to keep the smell at bay. If you are unhappy with the way it is currently working, then consider another fan for the exhaust.

What size tent is that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

It should work to move air out of the tent as the pressure builds up. If you turn your fan onto the fastest setting and go feel the other end of the exhaust ducting, you should feel a bit of a breeze.

I will be running fans for intake and exhaust though as I have filters on both fans - intake filter to keep the dust and such out and then carbon filter on exhaust fan to keep the smell at bay. If you are unhappy with the way it is currently working, then consider another fan for the exhaust.

What size tent is that?

Dude! Thanks for your assistance, I appreciate your time. Guess there is a second fan my future. 

I agree, super neat setup. I use a few devices to monitor temp and humidity and average the readings out. The Air Comfort is cool because it shows you a graph of what happened temp vs humidity in up to 5min intervals. Very useful for seeing what happens when lights kick in or if humidity spikes. You can tweak a lot with this info.
The TH16 is brilliant as a switch for either temp or humidity control, and for remote control / readings since it connects to your WiFi. Nice to see what’s up with your tent whilst you’re at work. A device like yours is great because you can see at a glance what’s up without faffing with a phone for a reading.
The probes might read slightly differently depending on their placement in the tent and the proximity to lights etc.
Now, am I right in saying you have fresh air coming in at the top and exhaust at the bottom? Ideally you want exhaust from the top because hot air rises. Sorry if I’m wrong.

Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 11:04 AM, Gloriosa superba said:

I would say yes, a 1x1 isn't small. You should exchange the air about 6 times a minute.. and with proper ventilation, your chance to run into PM is way lower. Just check your dark times when the air cools down and releases the stored moisture. When the lamps are on, you fight usually more with temperature. You might want fans you can change the speed and just let em run on half. Uses about same energy with two, but you have a decent flow in and out.

My IN side, i use both air streams to vent the plants, one high, directable, one low entry. Both have HEPA filters on the intake.

16107812551552947527821257395332.thumb.jpg.e735e655bdc833af5d16a68426f95b9f.jpg

2 OUT. One with carbon filter goes outside the flat, the other goes to the climat room to get cooked again.

16107812754035125511700984891053.thumb.jpg.e3e13a8cb578225614468fa2c13c477f.jpg

Edited by Prom
added pics
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/16/2021 at 9:11 AM, Prom said:

I would say yes, a 1x1 isn't small. You should exchange the air about 6 times a minute.. and with proper ventilation, your chance to run into PM is way lower. Just check your dark times when the air cools down and releases the stored moisture. When the lamps are on, you fight usually more with temperature. You might want fans you can change the speed and just let em run on half. Uses about same energy with two, but you have a decent flow in and out.

My IN side, i use both air streams to vent the plants, one high, directable, one low entry. Both have HEPA filters on the intake.

2 OUT. One with carbon filter goes outside the flat, the other goes to the climat room to get cooked again.

Hey @Prom thanks for the pic's dude, they offer everything need. Muchos Dank-ies. 

On 1/16/2021 at 9:11 AM, Prom said:

What HEPA filters do you use and where did you source them from?
Pricing on these filters for interest sake?

17 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

What HEPA filters do you use and where did you source them from?
Pricing on these filters for interest sake?

My dad send them to me from Germany. I just use a chlorine bucket, where I cut out the lid and use the twist close to fixate the cloth. Easy to put new cloth in ^^

How I have it placed, just over the ground for coolest air.

1479530848_AirIntakeoverthetiles.thumb.jpg.527679ba137e28efc206c6740d2107da.jpg

and how the cloth is in the cut out lid, just twist the lid to fixate the cloth.

1451486263_AirIntakeviewonbucket.thumb.jpg.476ea5093657ff4dca9c2061967b77a4.jpg

Price is something like 15 Euro (300 Rand (easy calculation)^^) for 3 sheets of 1.30 x 1.50.. German Window sizes. Made especially to filter out plant pollen. People with pollen allergies put them in their windows. 

With one pack I can exchange my buckets quite a few times.

Edited by Prom
added price
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Prom said:

My dad send them to me from Germany. I just use a chlorine bucket, where I cut out the lid and use the twist close to fixate the cloth. Easy to put new cloth in ^^

How I have it placed, just over the ground for coolest air.

1479530848_AirIntakeoverthetiles.thumb.jpg.527679ba137e28efc206c6740d2107da.jpg

and how the cloth is in the cut out lid, just twist the lid to fixate the cloth.

1451486263_AirIntakeviewonbucket.thumb.jpg.476ea5093657ff4dca9c2061967b77a4.jpg

Surely the cloth isn't the entire filter?

All the HEPA filters I have seen have all been quite thick, is the cloth a pre-filter?

Regardless nice, simple design and will certainly help with dust and shit getting inside your tent.

13 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Surely the cloth isn't the entire filter?

All the HEPA filters I have seen have all been quite thick, is the cloth a pre-filter?

Regardless nice, simple design and will certainly help with dust and shit getting inside your tent.

That is all I need to not get any pollen inside my tent. The cloth is CE approved and made to let air and light pass. You have to replace it all 6-8 weeks during pollen flight time. Rest I take the cloth off.. never have seeds in my indoor weed otherwise.

16112163986626652631347483117985.thumb.jpg.1ab4e7b0058cf14f736f3b982b5c9d95.jpg

Edited by Prom
  • Like 2