Some of the better auto's you have grown

PsyCLown

So I was going to drop @Prom a PM but then decided to rather start this thread so everyone else can benefit and give feedback too.

What are some of the better autoflowers which you guys have grown out? Also what exactly impressed you about the plant.

Breeder and strain is the info I am looking for.

@Prom it's no secret that you love your autos, so keen to get your opinion and feedback here as well 😄 

I am thinking about my next grow (it feels a bit overdue, keen to get growing again) and I might end up running some autoflowers alongside the photoperiods.

• Like 2

I bet @Prom is going to recommend fastbuds Gelato auto (I asked him once about his favourite). Might have changed though... 

I have grown plenty of different autos so far. I can really recommend Dinafem's Critical auto 2.0. That plant always delivered potent bud and even in outdoor conditions it delivered good yield. Very balanced high.

Dinafem has great autos in general. It's a pitty they can't operate at the moment but there are still plenty of seeds on the local market.

I grow a fastbuds Gorilla Cookies auto at the moment and it looks quite promising so far. If it will turn out good I'll come back to this thread and let you know. 

• Like 2

@Fridge B - B - B - Bingo 😁 😎 The Gelato is about 1 mile ahead of the next ones 😂

Problem is that you have to import ^^ Customs just grabbed my FastBuds order 😵 so send the guys a msg to pack 30 seeds max, declare them on the manifest and put a letter with: free samples, value zero! hehehe and see what customs do. If it goes past, FastBuds also knows how to send into SA 😁 otherwise I ship to my German address and take em with over Xmas 😂 The mess they do with seeds.. I ordered when the draft said: unlimited seeds and seedlings you can posses. Hope they fork out the law soon, so we know what we can work with, at the moment customs them self seem rather confused. The Fedex seeds I declared.. went through zero problemo.

If you look for something tasty and local available. Nirvana still have some good genetics in their selection on Autos. The Bubblelicious is a very sexy smoke, fruity and if you let it go late, kicks like a donkey. I made a "few", over 30 plants total of those, and they all ended up about the same with no heavy pheno swings. Like the FastBuds Gelato, very stable.

The Blue Cheese (Blueberry Cheese, who ever gave the name Blue Cheese should get shot) from Nirvana is also a very aromatic smoke but.. you get some super tasty ones and some rather boring ones, I would say your chance is 50/50 to end with a good one, plant 2, 3 to be sure ^^. Their Blueberry Kush has some veeeeery sexy phenos in... problem, 1 out of 4 ^^ I made a few, got 4 really really awesome smelling and tasting plants, the others were just average. And autos you can't keep.. so the more stable strains are more fun to grow.

HSO Sour Diesel or NYC Diesel.. is what I call proper Diesel. If I look for Diesel, I always go HSO. If you look for a Sativa dominant plant.. and you like the taste.. BINGO! ^^

Have so many people loving the weed.. I put it up, also Sativa dominant ^^ Royal Gorilla Automatic from Royal Queen Seeds. It won a cup.. you understand why, when you taste it. Is a bit a weed you don't get the taste to often and when you are done with the joint, you always ask why so fast. Very smooth silky smoke.. (edit. also very stable strain, tasted no difference per plant)

Still want to sneak into Mephisto.. but that is for next year.. doing FastBuds this year.. didn't had a bad strain from those guys yet.. just grows and tastes.

Edited by Prom
RG addon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had a really great result with Canuk's Auto Girlscout Cookies. A really smooth and uplifting smoke full of flavour. Great bag appeal too. The phenos were fairly uniform. She flowered faster than the other strains, in just over 8 weeks (all flowered more or less at the same time with this strain)

Equally as good was the LSD25 from FastBuds. Bag appeal off the chart with those purples. The vibe is even better. Good yielder. Total winner.

Question - Which local online shop/s in SA would you guys say, is the best importer/s of seeds at the moment? I'm very happy to stick with Canuk and FastBuds. I am unable to get through my old channel at the moment.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Teal Smith said:

I had a really great result with Canuk's Auto Girlscout Cookies. A really smooth and uplifting smoke full of flavour. Great bag appeal too. The phenos were fairly uniform. She flowered faster than the other strains, in just over 8 weeks (all flowered more or less at the same time with this strain)

Equally as good was the LSD25 from FastBuds. Bag appeal off the chart with those purples. The vibe is even better. Good yielder. Total winner.

Question - Which local online shop/s in SA would you guys say, is the best importer/s of seeds at the moment? I'm very happy to stick with Canuk and FastBuds. I am unable to get through my old channel at the moment.

GSC is a bit a swingy plant. Still one of my preferred smokes. But i prefer when they pheno direction Durban Poison.

Friend of mine is also complete fan of the Fastbuds LSD25.. is still on my list to grow. But seeds got confiscated by customs, got a letter from SARS 🙄😂 i actually had to giggle. Not sure they took the seeds because wrong declared or cannabis seeds. Like we scratch out head if the seeds i declared just didnt got checked at all.

Keep in mind, all you order from outside is very slow due to Post Office... not sure they deserve the name anymore. Snail Office fits better. And after waiting 5 months, might get confiscated.. order local or check that if you get visit from europe, check they can bring you some seeds 😁 order local is faster and saver.

I guess my seeds ended with Zuma's son, heard he has a monstrous grow operation going 😂

• Like 1

Wish I had read this thread before black Friday and doing my seed order.
Had to eliminate one of the strains mentioned here a few times the LSD25 from my selection due to budget constraints lol.
My eyes and my seed wants are bigger than my bank by far

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I have Fastbuds Gelato and LSD25 so will grow those out.

Will try some Ethos and might try some Mephisto and NightOwl if I can find someone who have in stock locally when I am ready to pop more autos.

I gave one Fastbuds Gelato seed to a friend, the end result was ok but not quite what I was use to... This was visual though, I did not get a chance to sample it.

So will see what I end up with. 😄  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I have Fastbuds Gelato and LSD25 so will grow those out.

Will try some Ethos and might try some Mephisto and NightOwl if I can find someone who have in stock locally when I am ready to pop more autos.

I gave one Fastbuds Gelato seed to a friend, the end result was ok but not quite what I was use to... This was visual though, I did not get a chance to sample it.

So will see what I end up with. 😄  

He didn't even let you taste it? 😂 Bambuleeeeee ^^

If you grow them yourself, rather sure you get to a satisfying result 😉 Don't go to heavy on the nutes.. they don't like it to much, they stun rather fast. I ruined a batch with my 8 week table 🙄 but stressed those poor things so heavy, 4 turned into photos.. which I pheno hunt now, growing nice so far. 😁 Lets see if the 12/12 plants turn out as potent as the 20/4.

• Like 1

This one is the pluto cut. Fast buds make some decent plants but I feel its hit and miss with them. The hit and miss theory is probably true for allot of autos. But I think i have found a soil recipe that works for them and I feel that 20l pots is the right size pots for them. Not allot of nutrients. Will be doing some Ducth passion auto ultimate and fast buds amnesia soon When i have space again.

• Like 1

I tried biltong and buds(bulk seed bank)   Sweet tooth auto

Good smoke. Small strain though. So small grow.  Reached about 30cm

9 weeks

I then tried cape ape seeds.

Purple sunset. Also a good smoke. No purple. Reached about 40cm. With more side buds.

9 weeks

Now im trying Groen seeds - they mixed unknown autos. These things are like 65cm tall. Alot of side buds. Looks like its going to be about 11 weeks to finish.

Pic 1 is sweet tooth

Pic 2 is purple sunset

Pic 3 is the current unknown Auto

20200914_085402.jpg

20201027_155050.jpg

20201128_132731.jpg

From the very few autos I have done I have thoroughly enjoyed the Fastbuds Strawberry Pie Auto. 

Just from that I would 100% go for another Fastbuds strain, and based on what the mighty @Prom rates I would go for the Gelato from Fastbuds. 

Fastbuds is really coming out to be a winner Auto breeder. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I may be a bit late, but I have a Fastbuds Fastberry that my cat damaged early on, and I threw it in the ground outside because I needed the space for something better / undamaged. Did not have much hope for it, but here it is 4 weeks later. Still some time to go, but surely a tough lady. At least 3 feet tall.

20201220_144211.thumb.jpg.8e17dd1d1a814da83b180f083df101f5.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

So I think I may germinate some autos this weekend and possibly place an order for a few more - some Ethos to try out.

Who else has grown some Ethos autos and which?

This man is getting me Ethos Autos as well. Anyway to start a joint diary? 😛

• Haha 1

I promised to post when my Gorilla Cookies auto from fastbuds is done. I harvested it around two weeks ago and it's busy curing. It's quite a frosty plant, easy to grow. The yield isn't exceptional but ok for an auto that was grown outdoors. I filled two of those consol 1liter glasses. Of course I test it from time to time, to see how the curing is going.

It's one of the tastiest autoflowers I had so far. It smells gassy and tastes like cream cookies. The high is a super relaxing couch lock. Perfect for an evening in front of the TV.

IMG_20210117_104626.thumb.jpg.1397b8accdaddcfe55f803c0559805e5.jpg

IMG_20210117_110702.thumb.jpg.7c81f323c586e37cc702160c70fcb1fe.jpg

I would grow it again and can definitely recommend this strain.

...another one that is always delivering (grew 5 of them during the last years) is Brooklyn Sunrise auto from Dutch passion.

This one is also busy curing, but I tested it already. The trepene profile first needs to come back, but the high is more Sativa leaning. As yhe name suggests, perfect for wake and bake. It starts with a strong but not overwhelming euphoria that leaves you quite functional. I have to do stuff when I smoked it. Once the high wears off it doesn't leave me being tired, which is important for me when it comes to choosing a day time smoke.

IMG_20210114_112324.thumb.jpg.a6c8f86e2049eee13b6ba12ee8e62df0.jpg

IMG_20210114_122323.thumb.jpg.76e2f23b85c987e4553e19908f8e72bc.jpg

I can recommend this one too.

• Like 1