Diary Complete Purple Sunset and friends

afternoon blazer

Keen to follow this grow. 

I'm also considering doing Purple Sunset Auto with my next grow. I have some Quarter Pounder Auto (Canuck Genetics) seeds for the next one but I'm considering doing 1 Quarter Pounder and 1 Purple Sunset under the 75watt before I upgrade the light. 

Did you purchase from Capeapeseeds? 

Train them b**ches bro!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tee_Aitch_See said:

Keen to follow this grow. 

I'm also considering doing Purple Sunset Auto with my next grow. I have some Quarter Pounder Auto (Canuck Genetics) seeds for the next one but I'm considering doing 1 Quarter Pounder and 1 Purple Sunset under the 75watt before I upgrade the light. 

Did you purchase from Capeapeseeds? 

Train them b**ches bro!!!

Yeah bro. Cape ape

9 minutes ago, Bos said:

Hey bro- Pics or it didn't happen. Hahaha.😀 

I only feed from week 3 onwards, what medium you using?

At 1 week they still very small.

Ayyy broo. My bad. Friday j.

Last grow only started nutez after week 3. This grow. Trying for abit of an aggressive appraoch. If she doesnt like it. Will slow down.

FF green bag

IMG_20200828_072434.jpg

• Like 4

What up Growmies

I thought i would do an early update. Weekend might be abit hectic.

Week 2

PS1 - day 13

REST - day 8

This week was/is seagrow and biobizz grow.

Repotted the 1 more purple sunset in a 8 liter fabric bag i had. And the 3 bag seeds went into some 3.2 liter plastic pots. Might do 1 more transplant later on if they seem like they worth it. Dont have space for the 1 more guy or a pot. So probably gona donate it to someone.👀

Im rocking the chart from grow with this 1.

Not sure what im gona do for space in a few weeks. But they so nice and fresh to look at.

Also gona be moving my growbox outside under my patio. 

For the smells (especially the nutez watering smells) 

Its getting decently warm too. Excusing this past week. Will try and enclose the box with some plastic. Prevent any rain mist and keep some warmth inside. Keep u guys posted. 

Probably need to start some LST very soon. ✌

IMG_20200902_203734.jpg

IMG_20200902_203737.jpg

IMG_20200902_211025.jpg

IMG_20200902_205712.jpg

IMG_20200902_211020.jpg

Screenshot_20200902-213600_Gallery.jpg

IMG_20200902_211011.jpg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Teal Smith said:

@afternoon blazer that's pretty stealth. Most would never guess what's inside. Nice inside-the-box thinking 😉

Thanks bro. I had this bad boy in the spare shower. And mainly coz it was winter.

My girl says we need the shower back now 🙄. We may start getting visitors 😔

20200629_144127.jpg

20200903_114524.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Morning Fam.

Just an update. 

Week 3

PS1 - day 20

REST - day 15

May do a feeding today or tomorrow. Will check the soil this evening.

Last watering was on sunday.

So im gona top the bag seeds (plastic pots). Probably tonight or tomorrow morning. I want the 4th node to have abit of a stem before topping. ( its worth noting that i have no idea if the bags are gona be female or not. But anyway. . . Lets see how it goes.

Advise required

Should i be defoiling the leaves after topping or just leave them to grow?

Should i tie down the branches after topping or wait for the new branches to tie down?

With the Purple Sunset autos. Im only gona do some LST. But LST on PS2 and PS3. Thought as a small experiment i will leave the PS1 to grow on its own. And maybe compare the grows and end product.

I will probably start the LST when i top the other plants. So tonight or tomorrow.

Advise required.

With regards to the PS1. Any advise on how to get it to stretch abit? After adding more soil. Shes very low to the ground. Would like it to stretch abit. Suggestions please.

Any other suggestions or advise on things i might have not noticed aswell. Please let me know.

20200909_080918.jpg

20200909_080939.jpg

20200909_081003.jpg

20200909_081010.jpg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Morning Fam.

Just an update. 

Week 3

PS1 - day 20

REST - day 15

May do a feeding today or tomorrow. Will check the soil this evening.

Last watering was on sunday.

So im gona top the bag seeds (plastic pots). Probably tonight or tomorrow morning. I want the 4th node to have abit of a stem before topping. ( its worth noting that i have no idea if the bags are gona be female or not. But anyway. . . Lets see how it goes.

Advise required

Should i be defoiling the leaves after topping or just leave them to grow?

Should i tie down the branches after topping or wait for the new branches to tie down?

With the Purple Sunset autos. Im only gona do some LST. But LST on PS2 and PS3. Thought as a small experiment i will leave the PS1 to grow on its own. And maybe compare the grows and end product.

I will probably start the LST when i top the other plants. So tonight or tomorrow.

Advise required.

With regards to the PS1. Any advise on how to get it to stretch abit? After adding more soil. Shes very low to the ground. Would like it to stretch abit. Suggestions please.

Any other suggestions or advise on things i might have not noticed aswell. Please let me know.

20200909_080918.jpg

20200909_080939.jpg

20200909_081003.jpg

20200909_081010.jpg

Nice bud,

They looking very good. With regard to the plant you would like to get bigger or taller. I would recommend against trying to make it stretch bud, reason being, plants usually just grow better when there is less stretch.

But if you really really want to make it stretch, you can play with light intensities, the less light the more they will stretch. Or just feed it more, I think that would be safer.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ORGANinc. said:

Nice bud,

They looking very good. With regard to the plant you would like to get bigger or taller. I would recommend against trying to make it stretch bud, reason being, plants usually just grow better when there is less stretch.

But if you really really want to make it stretch, you can play with light intensities, the less light the more they will stretch. Or just feed it more, I think that would be safer.

The leaves are touching the rim of the pot. I thought maybe streching her out abit would later allow for more room for buds.

Is one of the troubles with running different strains at the same time.. some are faster, some slower.. 

First thing to check is air flow. If they do not get vented well, they stay behind. Tent corner plants have often that issue.. or a bigger plant covers the flow in front. 

If you want to fiddle a bit with the plants, guide the new branches into the light or bend the leaves away with some 90 degree plant bends. Don't remove any leaves, those energy sources are very much needed now.

Rest, looking good! 😁

• Like 1

Howdy fine people 

Another update.

Week 4 (sort of)

PS1 - day 25

REST - day 20

Didnt get to train as much as i thought.

Had some stuff to deal with and still do.

So the girls have been getting less attention.

I did top 2 of the bag seeds though.

And i did LST the Purple Sunset 3.

Should i be removing the leaves below where i toped?

Will hit u guys up with a group shot abit later. When i put them back in the box.

I am running out of space. Will need an extra stratergy soon.

20200914_071556.jpg

20200914_071612.jpg

20200914_071617.jpg

20200914_071620.jpg

20200914_082628.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

What Gromies.

Updates for you fine people.

So im just gona call the whole grow by 1 date. 

Day 31

Start week 6.

Started with 3 bag seeds. Scrapped 1(looked abit sickly. Wasnt worth the time,effort,energy,nutez for a bag seed)

So 2 left.

1 that i topped - pic 1 and 2

1 that i let grow - pic 3 and 4

I have them outside currently. Trying to check on the sex.

With the purple sunsets.

Purple Sunset 3 - LST and defoil - yet to go into pre flower. I hope i didnt stunt her. - pic 5 and 6

Purple Sunset 2 - no training, just defoil twice. This pheno is a stretchy 1. This is a tall girl. - pic 7 and 8

Purple Sunset 1 - no training. Just defoil twice. This pheno is a short little lady. Not much stretch. Pic 9 and 10

The autos have been getting 24 hours of light. With some full sun days here and there.

The bag seeds about 9 hours of sun, but trying to check sex there. 

Still sticking with my bio bizz nutez

Grow. Bloom. Topmax. And Seagrow. 100% strength from end of week 2.

Pic 11 group Purple Sunset shot.

Side Note. None showing any signs of Purple.

20200925_094000.jpg

20200925_094019.jpg

20200925_093922.jpg

20200925_093938.jpg

20200925_095542.jpg

20200925_095547.jpg

20200925_095805.jpg

20200925_095812.jpg

20200925_095538.jpg

20200925_095535.jpg

20200925_095730.jpg

• Like 3

What up 420 Fam.

I need some GUIDANCE and ADVICE here.

So i have started 3 autos around the same time.

Out of the 3. I did some LST on 1.

Growth and growing was good and was going well.

But about a week ago. The other 2 autos with no training started flowering. 

The LST auto i assumed would go into preflower a few days after due to the LST stress.

However it has been over a week now. And still no pre-flowers.

The plant is probably stunted.

Pic 1. No training auto

Pic 2. LST auto

The only considerable difference between the entire grow. Was the LST. Everything else is identical.

What can i do or do i do in this situation?

How to i get the plant to take off again?

I am on week 6

20200927_131738.jpg

20200927_131752.jpg

Edited by afternoon blazer
  • Like 1