BluntKnife's First Outdoor Grow

BluntKnife

Whatsup my 420 family :rastabanana

As the title indicates, this is going to be my First Outdoor Growing Experience 🙂

I must admit, I have 2 plants busy growing in organic potting soil that I have been using as test subjects 😂

These were just 2 seeds I got from some decent buds I got a little while back, decided to try the germination process and planting them.

I wanted to do this first, as I didn't want to go all out and purchase seeds and medium when I couldn't get the first steps half right 😆

None the less, this will be Officially, my First Outdoor Grow Diary.

So lets kick this Dairy off with the seeds 🙂

The seeds have all been purchased through Biltong and Budz (for the first time buying seeds, I must say, these guys delivered some awesome service).

They are also all Photoperiod seeds.

Banana Kush [Feminized]

Sunset Sherbet [Feminized]

Platinum OG [Fast Feminized]

Bruce Banner [Fast Feminized]

As for the Medium, I went with Freedom Farms Premium Classic Living Soil.

For Nutrients, I have gone with Terra Aquatica Pro Organic Grow and Bloom.

For Pots, I have decided to go with 2 x 40l Fabric Pots and 2 x 30l Plastic Pots, wanted to experiment between the 2. 🙂

Excuse the pictures, taking pics isnt a specialty of mine but I will try get better shots as these ladies grow 🙂

Just some random shots of a seed during the germination stage (all my other pics were blurry AF), Medium, Nutrients, and their homes.

image.thumb.png.366627e2263a2606f5ec0dd5d2d3e6f4.png

Medium.thumb.jpg.db26f4f197ec56337b48a23398d30947.jpg

Neuts.thumb.jpg.c32943042d6814838a24c588214bbae5.jpg

Pots.thumb.jpg.b4426fa5c070270aa6ac3a3103416761.jpg

• Like 7

Nice brother, 

Will keep track of your grow and progress, and wish you the best of luck,

The community are here to assist you with anything you need to know or advise you may require. 

Peace✌

Added, I do understand you are trying things and have done the same too, but if you looking at being scientific or precise, then you'd want to use the same strain for the pot test, and not just 2 different seeds of the same, but 2 clones of the same health, from the exact same plant.

Edited by StickyD420
Added
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, StickyD420 said:

Nice brother, 

Will keep track of your grow and progress, and wish you the best of luck,

The community are here to assist you with anything you need to know or advise you may require. 

Peace✌

Added, I do understand you are trying things and have done the same too, but if you looking at being scientific or precise, then you'd want to use the same strain for the pot test, and not just 2 different seeds of the same, but 2 clones of the same health, from the exact same plant.

Thanks brother, appreciate it 🙂

Yeah, the pots this time round is more to see if the medium dries up much faster in the fabric compared to the plastic.

I have read mixed reviews on this, so wanted to try first hand myself for future grows 🙂

13 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

Awe Brother. Might be a bit early. But good luck. 

I did get a little excited once I had everything all together.

The last part was waiting for my seeds, so as soon as those were delivered, I went straight into the germination phase 😛

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

Good luck.. Depending on where you are based you might just have it in the bag with timing.. As long as you can move your plants in and out if we have another cold spell or it becomes real windy you'll  be fine..

:-peace

Thanks bro, appreciate it.

I live in Durbs.

Thankfully we had a super warm weekend, but will watch the weather and bring the plants in at night if we get some more colder nights.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, afternoon blazer said:

U got a recipe for success there man. 

Good the equipement for a good start.

Goodluck. As mentioned above. Shout if u need any advise. Tips or guidance. There help on here is endless.

Thanks brother.

I am going to need all the help and guidance I can get, so really appreciate it 🙂

• Like 1

First 2 weeks, temperature is your main enemy. Dont let the soil go below 12 degrees.. keep it between 20 and 25 degree is best. If you dont let them dry out, will work easy in the FF soil.

30 liter pots are rather small for outdoor fems, rest, good luck 😁

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CreX said:

And cats.... Cats are the enemy. 

My cat lovingly rubed against a 2 week old Zkittlz Glue fem and now it's DEAD!! 

Plant some cat nip out of range 😁 and i hope you talk about the plant... not the cat. Isnt clear what is dead now 😂

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Prom said:

First 2 weeks, temperature is your main enemy. Dont let the soil go below 12 degrees.. keep it between 20 and 25 degree is best. If you dont let them dry out, will work easy in the FF soil.

30 liter pots are rather small for outdoor fems, rest, good luck 😁

Awesome, will remember this. Thanks bro 🙂

Biltong and Buds did give me 1 free auto seed. So will possibly get another 40l fabric pot and soil to get this one started next month.

1 hour ago, CreX said:

I have actually started growing some Catnip as there is another guy who stays on my property and he has a cat. So I will hopefully have that situation sorted 😛

Catnip for the cat and the flowers for me 😂

42 minutes ago, Prom said:

Plant some cat nip out of range 😁 and i hope you talk about the plant... not the cat. Isnt clear what is dead now 😂

Pandora is fine 🙀 haha I can always get another Zkittlz glue... But where will I find another Panduru??? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, CreX said:

Whahahaha, brother my cats obliterate my plants if I leave the door open, my one cat will creep in behind me, hide under the table or something, and then I'll come back and she has eaten half the leaves off my babies 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I did put my outdoor germination stage and early veg plants on the roof. 😁 my ridgeback looooves weed. I dont mind when he eats the lower leaves once tall plants. But on the youngsters... is not even one bite and gone 😂

The fun story is how he got into weed 😎 was about 6 years ago, he was a bit over 1 year old. Had access to some really great pineapple express. I got me 20g and smoked about 1 joint a day... at least that was the idea. I left the bag outside on the table, went shopping. Friend was living in the granny flat at the time, when he came home, short after i left, he found to his surprise weed buds laying all around the pool area. Picked up what he found and put it on my table. When i came home, he intercepted me right away. Not that you think i took your stash, bru, found it like that by the pool. Jack, my dog, was hiding below the table.. they aways know when they caused kack 😂 below the table was also the ripped bag... and some more buds. We had a good giggle... took the scale out... with what i smoked, we looked very very good if we find mord buds... he ate about 9g. Hour later i found him stretched in the sun. No reaction what so ever. After 6 hours he made it to the kitchen, stayed there on the carpet for another 4 hours and started to move again.

if you now think that he would avoid eating buds... nope... if i offer him one, he eats it. But he also never ever took a bag off the table anymore 😂 

Edited by Prom
typos.. has more ;)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3