MY CRAZY JOURNEY.

West Coast Vaper

Week 10.

Ok, so I have my new light QB75 from @growopz.

Can someone please tell me the difference between a quantum bar and a quantum board.

I've hung the light and mounted a 9w led tube on the back wall. I was considering chucking in a few of the cfl's but managed to stop myself. Slow down hombre.

I know I have to many plants for the light I have and am silently hoping for a few more male's. Everything looks good from the top but still a bit thin on the bottom. Apparently Jack Berry does not have an abundance of leaves, only where the bud's form, but I'll read up more on that.

Gotta get that veg cabinet up now.

IMG_20200715_140839.jpg

IMG_20200715_144352.jpg

IMG_20200715_144425.jpg

• Like 5

Shitslooking good @DamDave.

Girls are coming along really nice.

And that light is probably gona show u some crazy growth now.

Rooting for u bud.

Quantum board is normally square of lights.

Quantum bar is basically a long strip of lights.

Also☝️ in my opinion.

I think adding more light(cfls) isint a bad idea. U basically giving them more of a very important resource.

And since u have so many plants. I think it may be better.

But u can wait for our resident advisors to shed some light on the situation (pun intended)

But congratz on the new light brother.

12 hours ago, DamDave said:

Week 9.

Week 11 will be the present.

Okay, everything still looking good but it's like watching paint dry. The plants are finally saying hoesit, I'm a male, get me out of here. At this stage the rabbits each get a plant to munch on and I get more space in the cabinet. By week 11 I have 8 plants from 15 that are female. I'm happy and my wife is harassing me to start the next grow.

Welcome back load shedding. Never thought I'd use my 2000kv riot control tazer to grow ganja, man but does it have a powerful light.

Whoa, stop the train. I've picked my light up from @growopz. Out come the cfl's and in go the led. Can I go play with the big boys ma?

IMG_20200713_115648.jpg

IMG_20200710_153219.jpg

IMG_20200712_125811.jpg

IMG_20200715_131949.jpg

IMG_20200715_132003.jpg

This light is a winner, bro. 

Thanks for all the help guiding me through and advising on lights Bud's. You know what it's like, not having a clue on what you looking for and then buying something and wondering if you made the right choice.
Judging from all the thumbs up I'm feeling whoop whoop about the light.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DamDave said:

Hey Buds. Quick question. If it says 8-9 weeks to flower, is that from seedling or from when you flip to 12/12.

That will be from 12/12

Indica is 8 to 10 mostly 

Sativa is 10 to 13 mostly or more

Cross are which ever is more dominant, so you'll see accordingly with the stretch they say, what the strain is more dominant, and if they say 8 to 10 weeks, it's an indica dominant strain. 

• Like 3

Brother @DamDave

Your last post with pictures, the first picture...

Remove that he / she /hermie from the rest and axe it, and do not disturb the air or plant to much doing so, turn off your fans too before hand, and packet or get it far away from your house to be safe. That thing will make seeds and all your babies will seed too.

• Like 2

Brother @DamDave
Your last post with pictures, the first picture...
Remove that he / she /hermie from the rest and axe it, and do not disturb the air or plant to much doing so, turn off your fans too before hand, and packet or get it far away from your house to be safe. That thing will make seeds and all your babies will seed too.
Thanks man. I did exactly that and fed them to the rabbits. I caught a few of the male's early on but then another 2 snuck up on me and hopefully I removed them in time.
Concerning the seeds, if they were what I was told, a friend who gave them to me said they are Jack Berry. I'm using the seeds from my 2nd outdoor grow so they obviously have been contaminated. Am I correct in this assumption.

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

Thanks man. I did exactly that and fed them to the rabbits. I caught a few of the male's early on but then another 2 snuck up on me and hopefully I removed them in time.

Oh yes, recall that conversation now,

Was an old post replied to and I thought it was yours from today🙈

Sorry brother man 

Added, side lighting is actually very good, and wont go into details now, but you have no idea how good.

Edited by StickyD420
Added

Week 11.

Ok, so my plants have been under the new light for a few days now and guess what? LIGHT BURN. Not only that but I realized that the LED tube light on the back wall is 6000k which I don't think is best for flowering so I removed it.

I'm down to 10 plants now and decided to give another 2 to the rabbits as they were looking like males and didn't want to take any chances. So there are 8 left, still to many for the light but I'm gonna chance it. Still loading the plants onto the trolley and moving them into mother nature's light every day. My landlady seems to be just as interested on the progress as I am as she pop's around every day to have a Butcher's Hook (look) so I guess that's a green light.

Time to set up the veg box. I have 200w of cfl's and playing around with the setup. Then I still have those under counter led strips and trying to get the specs from the manufacturer. If they are usable I'll rig the 2 of them and the 9w 6000k tube up and use that instead. Think I'll stick to 4 plants per cabinet from now on though. 

All in all I'm still pretty chuffed with the grow so far.

You not gonna believe this bud's but I'm having trouble uploading pics again so I'll put them on in a short while.

And that's the grow up to date. Not to worry though, there's still about 6 or 7 week's left till harvest and I'll definitely keep you peeps posted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DamDave said:

Week 11.

Ok, so my plants have been under the new light for a few days now and guess what? LIGHT BURN. Not only that but I realized that the LED tube light on the back wall is 6000k which I don't think is best for flowering so I removed it.

I'm down to 10 plants now and decided to give another 2 to the rabbits as they were looking like males and didn't want to take any chances. So there are 8 left, still to many for the light but I'm gonna chance it. Still loading the plants onto the trolley and moving them into mother nature's light every day. My landlady seems to be just as interested on the progress as I am as she pop's around every day to have a Butcher's Hook (look) so I guess that's a green light.

Time to set up the veg box. I have 200w of cfl's and playing around with the setup. Then I still have those under counter led strips and trying to get the specs from the manufacturer. If they are usable I'll rig the 2 of them and the 9w 6000k tube up and use that instead. Think I'll stick to 4 plants per cabinet from now on though. 

All in all I'm still pretty chuffed with the grow so far.

You not gonna believe this bud's but I'm having trouble uploading pics again so I'll put them on in a short while.

And that's the grow up to date. Not to worry though, there's still about 6 or 7 week's left till harvest and I'll definitely keep you peeps posted.

@DamDave Daveyyy. What distance u keeping the light from the tops?

Also hows the air circulation inside?

@DamDave Daveyyy. What distance u keeping the light from the tops?
Also hows the air circulation inside?
Hey there bud. I should have asked first but obviously didn't. The first 2 day's I had it at 300mm when I noticed not all was well with the plants. The light is now 400mm above the tallest plant. The plants are more or less the same height.
I leave the cabinet open during the day as I have not managed to get a fan in there yet due to budget constraints. So yeah, not much circulation during the dark period.
My bad.

@DamDave brother, the damage you say the light was causing being too close to the plants, is that the brown on the lower leaves you making reference to?

@CreX I know we discussed the other day to put the plant outside in the day and bring inside under the light at night, which makes perfect sense. 

On my previous grows, where I have taken vegging plants inside and placed them outdoors to flower, the plant would on both occasions, first take around a week or so to adapt as to say to the outside world.

My thoughts were and correct me or help me better understand, does the plant not have to change the leafs make up or internal engine?

And would the plants above not be having the trouble of dry leaves from this?

I would also say maybe the plants are pot / root bound or not happy in their homes and some root dying off causing that possibility?

@DamDave brother, the damage you say the light was causing being too close to the plants, is that the brown on the lower leaves you making reference to?
@CreX I know we discussed the other day to put the plant outside in the day and bring inside under the light at night, which makes perfect sense. 
On my previous grows, where I have taken vegging plants inside and placed them outdoors to flower, the plant would on both occasions, first take around a week or so to adapt as to say to the outside world.
My thoughts were and correct me or help me better understand, does the plant not have to change the leafs make up or internal engine?
I would also say maybe the plants are pot / root bound or not happy in their homes and some root dying off causing that possibility?
Morning@StickyD420. I don't think it's root bound. After my rabbits finished chowing the male's I wanted to see what the roots looked like and they still had room to grow.
Am I wrong in cutting off the leaves that are super bad as they will be sucking up light that could be used on healthier leaves.

Yeah the lower leaves. That's where the 9w 6000k led tube light was. Have since removed the light.

16 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Just for the record. I have been moving my baby girl outside (aswell as a plant from @CreX)

At 7:30 am everyday. It is a little chilly. But once they in direct sun. They good.

Then at 4:30 pm everyday. I put the plant back into the growbox under the veg light.

So basically 24 hours on. With 9 hours direct sunlight 

This will only be for veg. So far its working good.

Also did a little fiddling around and chatting to Crex. With regards to what the Led floodlight distance should be.

Decided to go in at 350mm from the light. 5 days so far. No light burns or heat issues. She looks happy and healthy. (150w - CW LED)

20200724_082340.jpg

• Like 3