MY CRAZY JOURNEY.

West Coast Vaper

24 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Howzit bro. @StickyD420

2 pin or 3 pin plug. Plugs into the wall. 

Oh okay, that's what I thought you meant, and then in that case, what am I missing?

Isn't that DC fan, direct current and not meant to plug into AC wall adapters? Or have you got a driver for the fans, or have you got them on the lights driver?

Sorry I'm trying to understand🙈

18 minutes ago, afternoon blazer said:

Bro. U mind fucking me now. 

Incase anyone else is too baked to figure this out.

L = light

EF = exhaust fan

RF = rear fan

FF = front fan

H = humidifier

I totally feel you🤣

Lol, the other night, was like...

Oh ya, okay I get it🙌

So much easier than unplugging the wrong item, which isn't good😉

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Oh okay, that's what I thought you meant, and then in that case, what am I missing?

Isn't that DC fan, direct current and not meant to plug into AC wall adapters? Or have you got a driver for the fans, or have you got them on the lights driver?

Sorry I'm trying to understand🙈

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ bro. I f@$#ed up. This entire time i meant 220v ac fans.

Im blaming the THC.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Joh, you confused me even more now, cause they are running on the phones charger, and if so those are getting AC, but push out DC.

You must tell us now🤷‍♂️

Right so.

The exhaust fan is the 220v and its 3 pin plug. 

The rear fan and front fan are small usb fans. 5v 2pin phone adapter.

• Like 1

Shout out to all the electronic peeps out there.

I have a mean well NES-100-24 power supply with a @growopz QB75 half 3000k half 4000k running off it for flowering. I have 2x1m led strips that are 15w/m, 24v, 4000k that I was thinking of adding to the power supply in order to give me more area coverage. The million dollar question is: am I gonna blow all my shit up?

If I can (not blow my shit up but add the lights) that means I can add another 300mm depth to my cabinet. That means 2000 bucks saved and a better light.

Give me good news please bud's.

Screenshot_20200724-095724.png

• Like 1

Shout out to all the electronic peeps out there. I have a mean well NES-100-24 power supply with a @growopz QB75 half 3000k half 4000k running off it for flowering. I have 2x1m led strips that are 15w/m, 24v, 4000k that I was thinking of adding to the power supply in order to give me more area coverage. The million dollar question is: am I gonna blow all my shit up?

If I can (not blow my shit up but add the lights) that means I can add another 300mm depth to my cabinet. That means 2000 bucks saved and a better light.

Give me good news please bud's.

Screenshot_20200724-095724.thumb.png.ec1ce176bebbbe5f06ff5447bfaa30fc.png

Sounds okay to me.

The power supply is 24V, so it shouldn't blow anything up, but;

To my knowledge that's a constant voltage driver, capable of 4.5A, which means 108w.

Online states that the driver has an efficiency of 86%, which means you actually get ~92.8w of usable power.

I wouldn't run the full 2m of led strips off of it... I'd use 1m

Reason being I wouldn't want to squeeze every bit of power available from the power supply - shortens lifespan of the driver components and could possibly increase temps due to the power supply running hot.

Running 1m of led strips should bring your total wattage drawn off the power supply to 90w at 24V, within the maximum usable output of your driver, with a little breathing room for the driver itself.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Week 12.

Everything seems to have settled in the grow now and the plants have started to flower. I've still been taking the plants outside every day to get some sunshine.

The bottom leaves still seem to be drying out and I'm in the process of elimination stage. My water pH is 6.5 and the landlady is gonna send a sample to be checked to see if it's heavy or lacking minerals. I won't be adding nutrition as I live in the bush and only get into town once a month if I'm lucky, so no buying stuff. And then I'm gonna leave the plants in the cabinet for a week to see if there's an improvement, I'm thinking outside conditions here is a bit harsh. Usually 10 degrees hotter or colder than Vape Town with either cold winds or on the other end hot and dry winds.

I was considering adding some more light but that is also on hold till the next grow and until I've saved up for another power supply, learnt a lot about power supplies yesterday and don't want to overload the one I have at the moment.

Okay, baby awake and nappy change time, till next week, over and out.

IMG_20200725_115317.jpg

IMG_20200725_101549_994.JPG

IMG_20200725_101516_253.JPG

• Like 2

Also, wire in parallel with the QB if you're gonna do it and take power directly from the power supply, not from the QB terminals.

Thanks@TheUltimateNoob. Yeah, I was planning on wiring directly to the power supply but thinking rather than overloading save up for another unit.
Patience hombre, patience.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks@TheUltimateNoob. Yeah, I was planning on wiring directly to the power supply but thinking rather than overloading save up for another unit.
Patience hombre, patience.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

Good choice... The math is simple to work out if you're gonna be sucking your driver dry for power or not. Always check, so you know if you're
So another QB75 in the pipeline then??? Nice one.