MY CRAZY JOURNEY.

West Coast Vaper

33 minutes ago, TheUltimateNoob said:

So another QB75 in the pipeline then??? Nice one.

Good advice for the guy as always brother, and as you have said, you never want to run anything flat out. 

I think he is meaning a power supply for the strips, which he can get @growopz and or an extra QB75, same place. But he can easily add the strips sooner with just a power supply for cheap.

Added picture 

Screenshot_20200726-150304_Chrome.jpg

Edited by StickyD420
Added picture
  • Like 1

which he can get @growopz and or an extra QB75, same place. But he can easily add the strips sooner with just a power supply for cheap.

Thanks bro... And yeah he can, even if he can find a small 24V power adapter like used in for input on DC electronics, that outputs at least 1.5A, you could connect the strips to that.

The strips are 15w/m on 24V so that's just under ~0.63A... A 1.5A or 2A, 24V adapter should be able to power the strips up nicely.

I'm using this hack to run a pair of 12V HID car headlights off a 12V, 2A power brick... Omg with 2PC fans - in my microgrow.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Agree 1

Eventually. I've got 2 x 1m 15w/24v led strips that are 4000k that I'm thinking of using. Thinking a PSU is cheaper at the moment. Just not sure if I should add it to the veg or flower cabinet.
Still saving up for the next QB75 though. Thanks to@growopz for getting me hooked. And the advice from all you Bud's.

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks bro... And yeah he can, even if he can find a small 24V power adapter like used in for input on DC electronics, that outputs at least 1.5A, you could connect the strips to that.

The strips are 15w/m on 24V so that's just under ~0.63A... A 1.5A or 2A, 24V adapter should be able to power the strips up nicely.

I'm using this hack to run a pair of 12V HID car headlights off a 12V, 2A power brick... Omg with 2PC fans - in my microgrow.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Whoa bud. Loving the advice, have not a clue what foreign you speaking. But I got the idea. Don't overload. Once again, only good advice and help on this forum.

• Like 1

Evening all. I'm getting better at the technical chatter now. But back to the lights. So I've got the QB75 from@growopz which is good for seed to flower. Check his website out for details, it's half 3000k and half 4000k 75w.
If I add two of those 15w x 1m, 24v, 4000k led strips that I have, is it going to change my cabinet grow environment.
Meaning, is it going to lean more towards flower or veg. Don't want to be planning my setup in the flowering cabinet when the lights would be better suited for my veg cabinet which I'm running with 200w of cfl's.
If I can add them with the QB75 using a different power supply it means I can add another 100x30cm to my grow area.
Flower or Veg is the question.

7 hours ago, DamDave said:

Whoa bud. Loving the advice, have not a clue what foreign you speaking. But I got the idea. Don't overload. Once again, only good advice and help on this forum.

haha, no worries man. As long as you get it, that's all that matters.

Hey Dan, is your question if it's possible to flower under 4000k?
If so yes you can, i have done side by side with 3000k and 4000k, no huge difference

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Thanks@GGG. I'm leaning more towards adding them with the QB75 in the flower cabinet. I'll have a higher wattage lighting and still be within a reasonable Kelvin for flowering.
Am I understanding this correctly?

• Like 1

Week 13.

4th week of 12/12. Everything seems to have settled down now. I've stopped taking my plants out for their daily vitamin D under the sun rays. I think that was my leaf problems. Warm in the sun but there was still an icy chill in the breeze. One week under the light and they are looking much better bar a few small leaves at the base of the plants which I'm putting down to the light not reaching them.

Busy germinating Durban Poison and Elvis at the moment using the paper towel method but it seems to be taking a long time compared to when I just popped them into seedling trays with soil so I've popped more into soil at the back of the cabinet. See how things go.

Until next week then unless something exciting happens.

Have a spliffing weekend all.

IMG_20200729_162050_443.jpg

IMG_20200731_061601.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/31/2020 at 8:06 AM, DamDave said:

Week 13.

4th week of 12/12. Everything seems to have settled down now. I've stopped taking my plants out for their daily vitamin D under the sun rays. I think that was my leaf problems. Warm in the sun but there was still an icy chill in the breeze. One week under the light and they are looking much better bar a few small leaves at the base of the plants which I'm putting down to the light not reaching them.

Busy germinating Durban Poison and Elvis at the moment using the paper towel method but it seems to be taking a long time compared to when I just popped them into seedling trays with soil so I've popped more into soil at the back of the cabinet. See how things go.

Until next week then unless something exciting happens.

Have a spliffing weekend all.

IMG_20200729_162050_443.jpg

IMG_20200731_061601.jpg

Looking nice bro. How many plants at the moment?

Looking nice bro. How many plants at the moment?
Thanks Bud. I have 8 that I'm pushing through with, wasn't expecting all the seed's I planted and chucked outside to germinate and then half ended up female.
Happy with the outcome though considering the very first light was a lead light with a 22w led globe. Gonna stick to 4 next time.
Outdoors is upon us again though. Preparing the ground for a herb garden with companion plants and I'll chuck 4 in amongst them and hope for a 100% female then pray for 50% hit rate. Then some in the shade house where I had a good outcome the last grow.7c87834f427717dae1d3c1d1749a6806.jpg3f9830d7c9203fe557f7154dc899bf0f.jpgf894adab4126ea537febccd0d42a7263.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey buds, life kinda took over hence the silence.
I made the decision to reduce my plants to 4, 8 just seemed to much for the light coverage. Two happy rabbits and a parrot though.
The remaining plants seemed to like the new arrangement but then again every parent will tell you how beautiful their baby is.
Although I did get light burn of a sorts or a potassium deficiency more than likely.
I had to harvest a week or so earlier than I wanted to due to lighting issues. Was not exactly happy but what can you do.
All in all I'm happy with the outcome. Going into something you not familiar with and expecting low results sometime produces a bonus.
My bonus: learnt a lot, thanks guys.
ready for the next round.
859384152bf403a7b37f935787428fbe.jpgeeaef64580e854cbb55ac15755ef7f41.jpg306428a02f1612a778d90e7d8c6a79b2.jpg42a406cb9fe72c87ab87925078d9bd77.jpgd1fb8312caa242efe6e9f77bd30ae0be.jpg

• Like 4

Welldone @DamDave . Come a long way brother. Might be a early harvest but in my opinion its a good harvest. They look good man.

As u said . U learnt a shit load on this grow. And for me thats the most important thing. The knowledge gained to go out and do better on the next run.

I think u did quite well. Esoecially managing so many plants on the first go. 

• Agree 1