ExoticCannabis2021

Something I read on this forum that works for me. 5ml per litre each of pyrol and neem every 3 days for 3 consecutive sprays to kill them off... Neem at 10ml after that every 10-14 days.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Underdosing the pyrol because the canola oil causes burn. I did a strong dose of pyrol once and it really burnt my plants bad

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thelazyfishermanza said:

Something I read on this forum that works for me. 5ml per litre each of pyrol and neem every 3 days for 3 consecutive sprays to kill them off... Neem at 10ml after that every 10-14 days.

Thank you- ill add pyrol to my shopping list and give this a try should the other method not work

• Like 2

Week 7 - Day43 (19/06/2021)

Spent the past week dealing with pest problems. Had to let go off all the plants in the flower tent as they were in a bad condition. Proceeded of a full sanitisation of the flower then and then proceeded to sanitize the veg tent, spray down the plants and remove all the dying and infected leaves. I started by introducing predatory mites but then removed them after the plants were sprayed down as they would have just been killed. Ill reintroduce them in 1 to 2 weeks as i think thats the longest they can be kept in the fridge for before they die anyway

HORTIMIX-DWC

• With two weeks to go to flower decided to give her a top and trip lower leaves and big fan leaves to expose bottom to more light. This should give her enough time to recover and get a day or more of growth in before switching to flower.
  • Did a reservoir change. She showed no signs of any nutrient deficiency and the EC before the change was 0.4. I assumed that this was enough nutes for her to continue on so i didnt increase nutes too much
  • New reservoir is at 0.5EC and 5.8PH. I also added in Silica Plus and Enviroc. 
  • I have been playing with the idea of not switching her to flower. I think she will be much more valuable if i grow her out for a couple weeks more and i can get a nice big harvest out of her

HORTIMIX-COCO

• Watered with plain water PH'd to 5.8, Runoff measured at 0.2EC, 6.3PH. Added Silicon Plus aswell. Also added some cover crop of marigold and dill
  • More leaves have turned brown and she seems not to be making a recovery. IF she doesnt show any improvement this week in gonna have to let her go. Ill rerun the EHG vs HORTIMIX experiment again with another strain and hope i dont fuck that one up too. Perhaps ill do it in dwc. 

EHG-COCO

• Watered with plain water PH'd to 5.8, Runoff measured at 0.2EC, 6.3PH. Added Silicon Plus aswell. Also added some cover crop of marigold and dill
  • As with the HORTIMIX-COCO plant shes not looking good. Also lost more leaves and doesnt look like shes recovering. Will let her go if no improvement is shown this week

Pics to follow

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CreX said:

thats a lot of spidermites

That is crazy. What were you using there to get rid of them?

On 6/20/2021 at 12:12 AM, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Added Silicon Plus aswell.

How are you mixing the hortimix & silicone. A+B in a res then adding silicone? I'm suddenly starting get sediment after mixing, esp after silicone (i.e. I'm expecting lockout). Pretty strange as I've never had an issue before so interested to hear how you mix

Edited by highchome
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CreX said:

fuck me...thats a lot of spidermites

Should have seen the plants that i had to throw away. 10 times worse

59 minutes ago, highchome said:

That is crazy. What were you using there to get rid of them?

How are you mixing the hortimix & silicone. A+B in a res then adding silicone? I'm suddenly starting get sediment after mixing, esp after silicone (i.e. I'm expecting lockout). Pretty strange as I've never had an issue before so interested to hear how you mix

Trimmed affected leaves, then I santized using SAN-O-AGRI. And followed with Efekto Insect Control.

Regarding the the silicon. Im doing A in Res, wait 5 mins and then B in Res wait 5 mins and then Adding Silicon drop by drop. I found that if u add more that 5ml silicon at a time theres a residue/precipitate/sediment forming. Also if you adding silicon straight after ph down same thing is happening. So i just do it drop by drop. It takes hella long. So I have extra buckets were i prep the res and then i just swap the plant and lid onto new bucket. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Regarding the the silicon. Im doing A in Res, wait 5 mins and then B in Res wait 5 mins and then Adding Silicon drop by drop. I found that if u add more that 5ml silicon at a time theres a residue/precipitate/sediment forming. Also if you adding silicon straight after ph down same thing is happening. So i just do it drop by drop. It takes hella long. So I have extra buckets were i prep the res and then i just swap the plant and lid onto new bucket. 

Thanks!  What I tried last time was, silicone in the res for ~1 hour. Then A, then B, then pH down, then H2O2. Got sediment even like that. Over the weekend I did only A+B (diluted separately first in ~5L) and H2O2, and the water is looking cloudy to me today. Sigh... Next I'll try just A+B and see what that does.  (Derailing your thread, I'll post this again on my update :) )

Edited by highchome
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, highchome said:

Thanks!  What I tried last time was, silicone in the res for ~1 hour. Then A, then B, then pH down, then H2O2. Got sediment even like that. Over the weekend I did only A+B (diluted separately first in ~5L) and H2O2, and the water is looking cloudy to me today. Sigh... Next I'll try just A+B and see what that does.  (Derailing your thread, I'll post this again on my update 🙂 )

why dont you feed it separately if it is giving you guys so much trouble adding it with your feeds

47 minutes ago, CreX said:

why dont you feed it separately if it is giving you guys so much trouble adding it with your feeds

Especially with coco its good to keep a consistent fert dosage. That way the plant is best adapted to take up the nutrients etc at a given pH and salt concentration. Switching between the two can work but not strictly ideal. I think if it continues to be an issue I'll try a grow without the silicon and see if its really worth the effort.
How much difference that actually makes in practice, I can't personally say. Need to experiment a bit I guess 😄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, highchome said:

Especially with coco its good to keep a consistent fert dosage. That way the plant is best adapted to take up the nutrients etc at a given pH and salt concentration. Switching between the two can work but not strictly ideal. I think if it continues to be an issue I'll try a grow without the silicon and see if its really worth the effort.
How much difference that actually makes in practice, I can't personally say. Need to experiment a bit I guess 😄

Try diluting the potassium sillicate, before putting it into the res.  pH balance it and then add the ferts. What a mission!

https://manicbotanix.com/silicon-in-hydroponics/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Twix Aphen said:

pH balance it and then add the ferts.

pH balance, add ferts and then correct again or know what pH drop the ferts will cause and correct up front for that?

I did try putting it in the res on its own for 1 hour before the ferts. I'm going to have to try a few more combinations, and especially try ferts on their own to rule out some issue there (all of a sudden) 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, highchome said:

pH balance, add ferts and then correct again 

I should've said add the pH balanced Agrisil to your ph balanced nutrient res. That article recommends adding a little diluted Agrisil to the res, wait an hour and then add a little more. Slowly introduce the pH balanced Agrisil, into your res over the course of a day.

First step, add your agrisil to the 5 litres of water.

2nd step, dilute your pH down drops and then add to the diluted Agrisil, until you get to the same pH as your res. 

Step 3, slowly add your pH adjusted Agrisil, into your pH adjusted nutrient tank. Pour in a litre, mix it and wait an hour, before adding another litre.  

Extra step, Work out how many ppms of K and Si you are adding to your res and adjust your feeding accordingly.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, highchome said:

especially try ferts on their own to rule out some issue there (all of a sudden) 

Happens dude. One bad bottle can throw everything off balance, but it is literally the last thing to troubleshoot i.e.. your nutrients. 

• Like 2

Week 8 - Day51 (27/06/2021)

HORTIMIX-DWC

• She recovered nicely from the top and noticed some new growth. So removed the top big fan leaves so that the other possible bud sites can get decent light
  • She's been looking healthy so no changes or measurements of the reservoir yet.
  • Still thinking of not switching her. With only a few days left to switch her i don't think she's big enough yet. I understand i wont be apart of the competition anymore.

HORTIMIX-COCO

• No change. Removed from grow

EHG-COCO

• No change. Removed from grow

Pics to follow

• Like 1

Week 9 - Day59 (05/07/2021)

Ive decided not to flip to flower. This will rule me out of winning any prizes and i'm chilled with that. I'll also get to see how the other contestants experience the stain in flower and i think thats some valuable info. Im going to grow her out more and i'm aiming for 600g weight when she does finish flower. I've never gotten this yield ever but its also the first chance i really get to test the mars hydro grow bar. The last grow was thrown away due to spider mites 

HORTIMIX-DWC

• She's been growing steadily with no issues until this past weekend when i saw her leaves start to yellow at the tips. Checked the reservoir and the following was observed
  • Reservoir dropped in about 5L of water.
  • Current EC is 0.3 and PH is  4.8
  • Did a full reservoir change (100ml part A+ 100 ml part B +3ml silicon plus + 1tsp crushed CO2 tab  )
  • New EC is 1.0 and new PH is 5.0
  • Now with CO2 tabs added i expect the PH to rise over the next few days as the CO2 releases. I will measure PH everyday and adjust as required. I also gave her a decent jump in nutes and i hope she doesnt burn. Im hoping the CO2 is going to allow her to take in much more plus she's at the height were i usually keep my EC at 1.4. Lets see how she reacts - if she burns with the first couple days ill just chuck out the reservoir and go back to the safe route
  • Also did some defoliation for better light penetration
  • Pics to follow

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Ive decided not to flip to flower. This will rule me out of winning any prizes and i'm chilled with that. I'll also get to see how the other contestants experience the stain in flower and i think thats some valuable info. Im going to grow her out more and i'm aiming for 600g weight when she does finish flower. I've never gotten this yield ever but its also the first chance i really get to test the mars hydro grow bar. The last grow was thrown away due to spider mites 

HORTIMIX-DWC

• She's been growing steadily with no issues until this past weekend when i saw her leaves start to yellow at the tips. Checked the reservoir and the following was observed
  • Did a full reservoir change (100ml part A+ 100 ml part B +3ml silicon plus + 1tsp crushed CO2 tab  )
  • Now with CO2 tabs added i expect the PH to rise over the next few days as the CO2 releases. I will measure PH everyday and adjust as required. I also gave her a decent jump in nutes and i hope she doesnt burn. Im hoping the CO2 is going to allow her to take in much more plus she's at the height were i usually keep my EC at 1.4. Lets see how she reacts - if she burns with the first couple days ill just chuck out the reservoir and go back to the safe route
  • Pics to follow

Ph of 5.0? thats pretty low...even for the low side of things

5 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

HORTIMIX-DWC

• Pics to follow

Hey brother. Kudos for keeping on keeping on :-clap

Just a quick question. Do you want 600 grams dry trimmed weight from the one plant?

• Like 1

• 420SA pinned this topic