ExoticCannabis2021

43 minutes ago, CreX said:

Ph of 5.0? thats pretty low...even for the low side of things

@CreX Yeah when i used to run CO2 tabs with 5.5 ph the ph used to ramp up all the way to 7/7.5 within three days. 

So i've put it at 5 ph and ill expect it to ramp up to 5.5 within a few hours to a day and end up at 6.5/7 within 3 days. And obv once its gets to 6.5 ill control with ph down

• Like 1

just my 2c, but cannabis enjoys a relatively stable Ph, 5.6-6.8 with a tighter range of 5.8-6.2

the closer you are able to stick in those margins, the better your plants will respond. having a ph fluctuation from 5.0 - 6.5 is wild imo and maybe you should stop using the C02 tabs and move to a myceluim C02 generator perhaps? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

44 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

Hey brother. Kudos for keeping on keeping on :-clap

Just a quick question. Do you want 600 grams dry trimmed weight from the one plant?

@John Stonedwell I wish 600g dry weight. That would equate to +-1kg wet weight. But nah im not at that level yet. 

Im aiming for 600g wet weight from one plant which would equate to +-350g dry weight. Which should be very possible

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CreX said:

just my 2c, but cannabis enjoys a relatively stable Ph, 5.6-6.8 with a tighter range of 5.8-6.2

the closer you are able to stick in those margins, the better your plants will respond. having a ph fluctuation from 5.0 - 6.5 is wild imo and maybe you should stop using the C02 tabs and move to a myceluim C02 generator perhaps? 

i hear you- but i've seen some amazing growth with the CO2 tabs that says otherwise

I've seen the myceluim C02 generator and im a skeptic at this point. Plus without a sealed environment wouldnt it be pointless? Have you tried out the  myceluim C02 generator?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

@John Stonedwell I wish 600g dry weight. That would equate to +-1kg wet weight. But nah im not at that level yet. 

Im aiming for 600g wet weight from one plant which would equate to +-350g dry weight. Which should be very possible

Aah ok cool thanx for the clarity man.

350g dry trim weight for a plant is right up there if your growing indoor...

Good luck and keep us posted :-greenthumb

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

i hear you- but i've seen some amazing growth with the CO2 tabs that says otherwise

I've seen the myceluim C02 generator and im a skeptic at this point. Plus without a sealed environment wouldnt it be pointless? Have you tried out the  myceluim C02 generator?

i haven't tried them as i see no point because i cant control my environment the way i need to to benefit from additional C02.

but i have mates who have tried them and i cant tell much of difference, but they say its like day and night.

how about trying sparkling water when you top up your res instead of the tab? might reduce the Ph swings.

• Like 1

CO2 in the Rez , need lots of oxygen in the rez, when I did RDWC I put the tabs in a container with water under the canopy , the leaves take up the CO2 . That will help you to keep ph in a smaller range . In veg they like 5,5-5,8 to take up nutrients efficient ly and flower 5,9-6,2 . I had best results that way.

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CreX said:

i haven't tried them as i see no point because i cant control my environment the way i need to to benefit from additional C02.

but i have mates who have tried them and i cant tell much of difference, but they say its like day and night.

how about trying sparkling water when you top up your res instead of the tab? might reduce the Ph swings.

im of the same opinion - introducing CO2 when you dont have a sealed environment is pointless. It just escapes into the air and the concentration in the tent doesnt really change enough to have any effect on the plants. Ill give the sparkling water a try tho - thats pretty smart. Would never have thought about that

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GGG said:

CO2 in the Rez emoji848.png , need lots of oxygen in the rez, when I did RDWC I put the tabs in a container with water under the canopy , the leaves take up the CO2 . That will help you to keep ph in a smaller range . In veg they like 5,5-5,8 to take up nutrients efficient ly and flower 5,9-6,2 . I had best results that way.

I am/can definitely supply alot of O2 in the res. Ive got a piston air pump thats providing a decent amount of air and i can even add more air stones to the res.

How do you know CO2 under the leaves made any difference in a non-sealed environment ? You did give me an idea though. A floating container in the res with a little water, that has no contact with the res, were i can drop the tabs in might work

22 hours ago, CreX said:

hehe i think about my growmies issues even while i stand and stare at my own plants lol

@ExoticCannabis2021, when i was running hydro and doing manual checks twice a day, i noticed that my ph fluctuated a fair amount as well, and how i dealt with that was with daily ph adjustments, often twice a day with a few drops to get it back to where it should be.

it sounds like you are not dosing your water on the daily and are compensating by lowering the ph that low so that its not a problem in a few days like you said. 

maybe try more regular dosing and then you wont have to let your ph swing so much? go in at 5.6 and then every time it goes up to 6.2 you give it a few drops to back down to 5.8 or 5.6 even?

Just now, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

I am/can definitely supply alot of O2 in the res. Ive got a piston air pump thats providing a decent amount of air and i can even add more air stones to the res.

How do you know CO2 under the leaves made any difference in a non-sealed environment ? You did give me an idea though. A floating container in the res with a little water, that has no contact with the res, were i can drop the tabs in might work

i think the tabs arent so much about the oxygen and more about the carbon. so adding the tab into a seperate floating jobbie wont give you the results you like to see i dont think... but you can try and let us know?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CreX said:

hehe i think about my growmies issues even while i stand and stare at my own plants lol

@ExoticCannabis2021, when i was running hydro and doing manual checks twice a day, i noticed that my ph fluctuated a fair amount as well, and how i dealt with that was with daily ph adjustments, often twice a day with a few drops to get it back to where it should be.

it sounds like you are not dosing your water on the daily and are compensating by lowering the ph that low so that its not a problem in a few days like you said. 

maybe try more regular dosing and then you wont have to let your ph swing so much? go in at 5.6 and then every time it goes up to 6.2 you give it a few drops to back down to 5.8 or 5.6 even?

Why did you move away from hydro?

Yeah i wasnt checking my res daily because when the plants are young theres not alot of PH fluctuations and i wasnt adding CO2 tabs til now

Now ill definitely be checking them daily and adjusting - but maybe even twice a day like you said might be beneficial

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CreX said:

i think the tabs arent so much about the oxygen and more about the carbon. so adding the tab into a seperate floating jobbie wont give you the results you like to see i dont think... but you can try and let us know?

aaaaaaah i never knew that- but yes ill definitely try and let you guys know. My updates will be more frequent now that the plants are bigger

Just now, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Why did you move away from hydro?

Yeah i wasnt checking my res daily because when the plants are young theres not alot of PH fluctuations and i wasnt adding CO2 tabs til now

Now ill definitely be checking them daily and adjusting - but maybe even twice a day like you said might be beneficial

found that coco suits my grow style better at the moment. which is still kinda hydro hehe.

and i stay on the 3rd floor so any above average spills are a huge nono for me and i cant risk it

i really do want to move toward flood and drain when i do move to full hydro again, floof and drain with rockwool and drippers.

i loved how cool hydro was and how fast the plants grew, hated how stationary it is, and flexibility is my current needs

• Like 1

Totally agree , if the rez temp fluctuates during day and night ph also fluctuates , also during summer when it was hot and they drink alot of water and the volume of water goes down EC tends to go higher because they only drink water to cool themselves as they transpire and do not feed much, also changing ph.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yes go for more bubbles if you want to give CO2 in the Rez comparment , but il put them on the Rez lid in a container with water. The less CO2 at your roots the better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CreX said:

found that coco suits my grow style better at the moment. which is still kinda hydro hehe.

and i stay on the 3rd floor so any above average spills are a huge nono for me and i cant risk it

i really do want to move toward flood and drain when i do move to full hydro again, floof and drain with rockwool and drippers.

i loved how cool hydro was and how fast the plants grew, hated how stationary it is, and flexibility is my current needs

Yeah i feel your pain. Also live on the 3rd floor. I tried coco out the last couple grows but ive had a ton more issues i just wanna get back to hydro. Plus carrying 50L bags of coco up 3 flights of stairs is too much work lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GGG said:

Yes go for more bubbles if you want to give CO2 in the Rez comparment , but il put them on the Rez lid in a container with water. The less CO2 at your roots the better.

I still disagree with this cos i dont have a sealed environment- but hey i could be wrong and ill give it a shot and see if it works

Week 9 - Day60 (06/07/2021)

HORTIMIX-DWC

• After a slight defoliation i noticed that the bottom growth and the hidden growth was infected with a fair amount of powdery mildew. So i removed all the affected leaves and then sprayed with hydrogen peroxide (10ml 3% H2O2 diluted in 600ml water). Will re-apply in 3-4 days. Also notices some aphids - will have to start treatment again
  • 3d printed some plant trainers and bent down the upper growth to give the lower growth some time to catch up. I don't think i will be topping again 
  • PH was already at 6.7 and EC was 1.1
  • Added ph down (10 drops)
  • New PH at 5.8 and EC at 1.1

Pics to follow

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

Yeah i feel your pain. Also live on the 3rd floor. I tried coco out the last couple grows but ive had a ton more issues i just wanna get back to hydro. Plus carrying 50L bags of coco up 3 flights of stairs is too much work lol

LOL you should hear some of the missions i have pulled moving grown ass plants up and down the stairs in the dead of night like some skelem hahaha and i am not a build oke... im kinda skraal so i can just imagine what people would have thought if i was caught haha.

i buy the 5kg pressed bricks and hydrate them upstairs, much easier than lugging coco for days

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, CreX said:

LOL you should hear some of the missions i have pulled moving grown ass plants up and down the stairs in the dead of night like some skelem hahaha and i am not a build oke... im kinda skraal so i can just imagine what people would have thought if i was caught haha.

i buy the 5kg pressed bricks and hydrate them upstairs, much easier than lugging coco for days

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.   thank god i didnt have to move plants - ive got some inquisitive neighbours, i sure i would have received a visit from the police

9 minutes ago, ExoticCannabis2021 said:

• After a slight defoliation i noticed that the bottom growth and the hidden growth was infected with a fair amount of powdery mildew. So i removed all the affected leaves and then sprayed with hydrogen peroxide (10ml 3% H2O2 diluted in 600ml water). Will re-apply in 3-4 days. Also notices some aphids - will have to start treatment again

you may need to go a bit stronger than that, by mixing the already weak 3% solution into 600ml, you effectively mixed a 0.006% h202 solution, practically zip, nadda.

3% h202 is pretty much ready to use as is and any dilution will really reduce the effectiveness of the h202 

especially as a disinfectant

Edited by CreX
especially as a disinfectant
  • Like 1

Just now, CreX said:

you may need to go a bit stronger than that, by mixing the already weak 3% solution into 600ml, you effectively mixed a 0.006% h202 solution, practically zip, nadda.

3% h202 is pretty much ready to use as is and any dilution will really reduce the effectiveness of the h202 

Even better - i didnt use the 3% straight because i was scared of burning the plants too much. But im totally fine spraying the 3%. Ill use that going forward - thanks

• 420SA pinned this topic