a Different Kinda Indoor Growing πŸ„

Naughty.Psychonaut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Beardedbruuh said:

This looks great man! I'd love some pointers on how to get into growing some oysters and shiitake mushrooms! If you're keen please PM me some details bud! Thanks so much @Naughty.Psychonaut

what's up man!Β 

what exactly you aiming to do? It sounds like you wana know how to grow?

if so you would need a few things and quite a bit of info.Β 

If you haven't done any research or haven't worked with mushrooms or with someone who's worked with them I would suggest doing some research on the broad spectrum of exotic mushroom cultivation. then you take from that what would work best for you, maybe start setting things up and getting resources together then we can talk again about where you need some help and what you need help to understand.Β 

the reason is, there are 3Β phases of growing mushrooms, if you can spend money whole time you can get away with doing only 1 phase.Β if you wana save some money you have to do 2 of the phases and becomes more risky and you need more resources and knowledge. if you really wana not spend anything I gotta take you through the whole process of selecting a mushroom to clone and then doing tissue culture and all that. and with all these different things that need different resourcesΒ you get different techniques of doing every second thing and it all depends on your given situation what environment you're working with what you need to do.Β 

so I really can't just "give you a few pointers", but if it was basics you looking for, what you see in the pics is mostly my grow room. Humidity is 85 - 95% at all times. Temperature 17-24Β°C all times. Good air circulation and what not.Β 

Also, almost every second mushroom want different environments, so if I wana switch to shiitake I have to change a few things. Shiitake actuallyΒ prefers growing outsideΒ on solid hard wood. whole different story, but very fun back yard project.Β 

@Bos

Indeed I have!!!

🀀

chopped into strips, a heavy spoon of butter in the pan, salt, pepper and sweet white wine, cooked them till the edges became crispy.

couldn't stop eating

my lady and I split the 270g big boy, it was a whole meal by itself.Β 

pretty soon I will be growing these off nut tree wood 🀩

Β 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

what's up man!Β 

what exactly you aiming to do? It sounds like you wana know how to grow?

if so you would need a few things and quite a bit of info.Β 

If you haven't done any research or haven't worked with mushrooms or with someone who's worked with them I would suggest doing some research on the broad spectrum of exotic mushroom cultivation. then you take from that what would work best for you, maybe start setting things up and getting resources together then we can talk again about where you need some help and what you need help to understand.Β 

the reason is, there are 3Β phases of growing mushrooms, if you can spend money whole time you can get away with doing only 1 phase.Β if you wana save some money you have to do 2 of the phases and becomes more risky and you need more resources and knowledge. if you really wana not spend anything I gotta take you through the whole process of selecting a mushroom to clone and then doing tissue culture and all that. and with all these different things that need different resourcesΒ you get different techniques of doing every second thing and it all depends on your given situation what environment you're working with what you need to do.Β 

so I really can't just "give you a few pointers", but if it was basics you looking for, what you see in the pics is mostly my grow room. Humidity is 85 - 95% at all times. Temperature 17-24Β°C all times. Good air circulation and what not.Β 

Also, almost every second mushroom want different environments, so if I wana switch to shiitake I have to change a few things. Shiitake actuallyΒ prefers growing outsideΒ on solid hard wood. whole different story, but very fun back yard project.Β 

@Bos

Indeed I have!!!

🀀

chopped into strips, a heavy spoon of butter in the pan, salt, pepper and sweet white wine, cooked them till the edges became crispy.

couldn't stop eating

my lady and I split the 270g big boy, it was a whole meal by itself.Β 

pretty soon I will be growing these off nut tree wood 🀩

Β 

Lekker, sounds delicious. Love mushrooms, from dinnerplate size congolese browns to portabellini's. Also learning about wild local varieties worth foraging without killing yourselfπŸ€ͺ😜😬

Would be awesome one to grow our own edible shrooms.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2021 at 4:56 PM, Bos said:

Lekker, sounds delicious. Love mushrooms, from dinnerplate size congolese browns to portabellini's. Also learning about wild local varieties worth foraging without killing yourselfπŸ€ͺ😜😬

Would be awesome one to grow our own edible shrooms.

Why don't you try it brother?Β 

Believe it or not, I only been eating mushrooms for about a year now. "gourmet" ones that would be. I remember getting sick from eating one when I was a kid. never touched them again till I turned 15 and had a magic mushroom shoved in my hand. first mushroom I had since. only ones I at till the other day was magic, they obviously opened me up to EVERYTHING!!! my favourite is going foraging for edible mushrooms on mushrooms and having mushrooms for dinner. πŸ„πŸ€€

• Like 1

Aint enough time in a day for me to do all the stuff I want....allready father of 2, stepdad to 2 more, working full time shift, 4x4 enthuisiast, handyman, mechanic andΒ  cannabis grower, also just got engaged....Β  I'll sleep when I'm dead.

One day soon, got enough stuffs on my plate just now....hahaha.😁

• Like 4

@Bos

hahahah yeah fuck sounds like you got a full plate there!!! understandable! what area you in man? I could possibly gift you a colonised bag and all you have to do is poke a few holes, keep it in a well litΒ humid place with no direct sunlight, maybe spray a few squirts of tap water once or twice a day and watch them grow?

let me know

🀘

@PsyCLown

indeed it is, constant new challenges and constantΒ rewards!!!Β 

πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

WHAT'S GOOOOD, BOYS AND GIRLS OF 2022!!! 🀠 

fuck the big C word we shall not speak of, we all made it this far in the shit show, so let's make some lemonade, shall we!? πŸ‹πŸ‹

Moving into the new year with a BANGER!!!!!!! πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ things have been looking up, so over the last few months I been busyΒ turning a backyard hobby / hustle into a registered business, getting our commercial licensing done as we speak 🀘

I will leave the nitty gritty for the papers,Β but holy hell starting up a business has probably never been more of a headache!!!! Really trying to tame the bull wanting to get anything done that means help from the government. Took them 2 months to send a health and safety inspector to come spend 30min at our new site.... pathetic....Β 

that's right.... our new site!!!! 🀩🀩🀩

20220104_085337.thumb.jpg.6308a1669c10a40dc0b032fcd369cb56.jpg

bigger and better!!!Β 

we will be installing isoboard rooms with full climate control shortlyΒ πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„πŸ„Β 

• Like 2
  • Fire! 7

Great work brother, congratulations man! Starting a small business from scratch is no joke, but with a little bit of perseverance you can kill it!Β Also request your pricing champ, my head office will definitely have a look/possibly make use of your stuff as they doΒ wholesale. Unless you already sold out lol. Will message you.πŸ‘πŸ’―

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORGANinc. said:

Great work brother, congratulations man! Starting a small business from scratch is no joke, but with a little bit of perseverance you can kill it!Β Also request your pricing champ, my head office will definitely have a look/possibly make use of your stuff as they doΒ wholesale. Unless you already sold out lol. Will message you.πŸ‘πŸ’―

Thanks for the kind words and support man! πŸ™Β  it goes a long way!Β 

When the ball gets rolling I'll be updating here again, watch this space πŸ˜‰πŸ€™

• Like 3

@Naughty.PsychonautΒ This questionΒ is rather random, but If you don't mind me asking what made you decide on the isoboard instead of something like PVC boards or whatever it is actually called ? was it purely due to the thermal insulation that the isoboard offers ?Β 

edit: aaahhh nevermind I see they both basically have the same uses but the isoboard has better thermal insulationΒ πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈΒ should've looked it up before I asked .................

Β 

Edited by Khakibos
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Khakibos said:

@Naughty.PsychonautΒ This questionΒ is rather random, but If you don't mind me asking what made you decide on the isoboard instead of something like PVC boards or whatever it is actually called ? was it purely due to the thermal insulation that the isoboard offers ?Β 

edit: aaahhh nevermind I see they both basically have the same properties but the isoboard has better thermal insulationΒ πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈΒ should've looked it up before I asked .................

Hey bud 😁 

I guess there's a couple reasons, the insulation being at the top of that list, because my previous setup didn't allow me to achieve the desired enviromental conditions and it was quite a headache.

I want a strong structure, becauseΒ the highest point in that building is higer than 10m so we can always build another room ontop of the ones we are putting up now.Β and if you look at the back above the 3 doorways there'sΒ a thick white beam that forms the edge of a floor, will have a staircase going up soon, but our plan is to extend that floor once the rooms are in so we can build ontop of them and have the stairs in a whole different spot.Β 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

Hey bud 😁 

I guess there's a couple reasons, the insulation being at the top of that list, because my previous setup didn't allow me to achieve the desired enviromental conditions and it was quite a headache.

I want a strong structure, becauseΒ the highest point in that building is higer than 10m so we can always build another room ontop of the ones we are putting up now.Β and if you look at the back above the 3 doorways there'sΒ a thick white beam that forms the edge of a floor, will have a staircase going up soon, but our plan is to extend that floor once the rooms are in so we can build ontop of them and have the stairs in a whole different spot.Β 

Sounds like you're going to have a killer setup !Β πŸ‘€πŸ˜Β 

Β 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yo @Naughty.Psychonaut . I ordered myself a PF Tek innoculation kit, PF Classic spore syringe and some perlite from B&B. You reckon that i can use my propagator for fruiting? It has holes in the bottom and an air vent on the lid. This will be small scale and my first time trying psilocyben shroom cultivation. Shot✌️

Edited by Weskush
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Weskush said:

Yo @Naughty.Psychonaut . I ordered myself a PF Tek innoculation kit, PF Classic spore syringe and some perlite from B&B. You reckon that i can use my propagator for fruiting? It has holes in the bottom and an air vent on the lid. This will be small scale and my first time trying psilocyben shroom cultivation. Shot✌️

You could, otherwise just build yourself a shotgun fruiting chamber and fill it with some perlite.

Also keep in mind trichoderma is a very aggressive fungi which will be to your detriments when you're trying to grow mushrooms. If you have ever used products which contain trichoderma (rather common with cannabis products), the chances of contamination are much higher.

Β 

I am not a big fan of PF Tek, it works but there are better ways out there. Do it for your first grow then move away, rather try trays.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

You could, otherwise just build yourself a shotgun fruiting chamber and fill it with some perlite.

Also keep in mind trichoderma is a very aggressive fungi which will be to your detriments when you're trying to grow mushrooms. If you have ever used products which contain trichoderma (rather common with cannabis products), the chances of contamination are much higher.

Β 

I am not a big fan of PF Tek, it works but there are better ways out there. Do it for your first grow then move away, rather try trays.

Shot thanks. Ja this seemed the easier route to go for my first grow. Will see how it goes and will remember to keep things sterile as a scientists tools. Will log it while im at it if allowed on the forum?

• Like 3

what's up @Weskush

You talking about a clone dome there? I am not sure man, it might work, but the air is very stagnant in there. might just get like one or two shroomies off a flush πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

for fruiting conditions you're working within a band of 85 to 95%RH with an almost constant fresh air exchange. what gets your myceliumΒ to push fruits is the evaporation of small water droplets off the surface of your substrate. so idealy if you can constantly have freshΒ new tiny tiny tiny like ultrasonic mist water particles land on your substrate and have it evaporate off every couple minutes, the quicker you'll see mushroom pins.Β 

so the fresh air exchange is more important than the high RH. if you gona have stagnant air and the mycelium used up all the oxygen (yes, mushrooms breathe like humans. oxygen in carbon dioxide out) there will be high levels of co2 chocking out your mycelium and if, only if it fruirs it'll make loooong thin fruits with small caps.Β 

this is why a shotgun fruiting chamber will work best, just remember to fan, mist, fan - in that order. as many times a day as you can. open tote, fan old co2 out, mist lightly and fan again to get the new water droplets to start evapotating, next time you walk past the tote do it again. 5 times a day if you can.Β 

I have gotten very few cleanΒ LC syringes through the web, but there is a way to get them clean on agar. once you got clean culture on agar you can make unlimited agar plates andΒ your own master LC then toΒ grain spawn and from there you basically golden. you'll be able to do trays for days. hell if you can sterilise a shoe you can grow them out of a shoe.Β 

the PF tek does have a little bad rep, but it does work for sure and it's a good way to get off the ground with all this myco stuff!

excited to see how your project takes off bud πŸ„πŸ₯³

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1