Fact or Fiction

Naughty.Psychonaut

now it isn't a kush either? so it's neither OG nor is it Kush???? god damn.... does this guy not just wana rewrite the whole dictionary?

how does it get called OG Kush if he is the one who started it, but then it isn't even OG or Kush?????????? think about this for a second man...

does this dude know the rest of the world exists and that literally EVERYONE (even before his claims) calls it OG kush.....

this story falls apart the more info comes out

2 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

can't have 100 originals, but very easy to have 100 ocean grown strains.

You think simply growing by the ocean magically makes a strain an OG?  Strain's became popularized because of the black market and later medical, and those black markets growers used clone only cuttings to deliver consistent quality.  Florida's cut of OG kush is called Triangle Kush, a lot of the cuts stem from the same genetics and are just named after the region or grower who held them.

When people refer to "OG Kush", they generally mean one of the elite cuttings.  So to have OG kush, you either need to get a clone of the elite cuts or get genetics directly from one of the elite cuts that are considered "OG kush".  In my opinion at least.

This article might be more clear of Josh D's story.

https://www.humboldtseeds.net/en/blog/story-og-kush/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Thunder Grown said:

You think simply growing by the ocean magically makes a strain an OG?  

few sentences later 

40 minutes ago, Thunder Grown said:

a lot of the cuts stem from the same genetics and are just named after the region or grower who held them.

Jesus-facepalm-1240-x-697.thumb.jpg.6eb5a08980f905e10ebac66d40f9a8f3.jpg

brother, I will provide a looksee at all the info you posted and go look into it even further and it will be unbiased research. 

still doesn't add up in my mind, but could be because of my preconception

at the end of the day the discussion is so insignificant I couldn't care less what it really means, but thought it to be interesting discussion nonetheless

to me this one still falls under fiction, probably always will, typically because there's 100 meanings for the word and not only in the cannabis industry....

any other topics?

Jesus-facepalm-1240-x-697.thumb.jpg.6eb5a08980f905e10ebac66d40f9a8f3.jpg
brother, I will provide a looksee at all the info you posted and go look into it even further and it will be unbiased research. 
still doesn't add up in my mind, but could be because of my preconception
at the end of the day the discussion is so insignificant I couldn't care less what it really means, but thought it to be interesting discussion nonetheless
to me this one still falls under fiction, probably always will, typically because there's 100 meanings for the word and not only in the cannabis industry....
any other topics?
Egg or the chicken question. Which came first?

Jokes aside. I've been reading up on producing feminized seeds, not that I'll be going down that path for some time. It's I just love the plant and reading and learning new things about is my chill time.

Some say colliade ?? silver yay and some say nay.
Old school way sounds complicated. Still don't understand what I read.

Any opinions?

Sent from my DRA-LX5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DamDave said:

Egg or the chicken question. Which came first?

Jokes aside. I've been reading up on producing feminized seeds, not that I'll be going down that path for some time. It's I just love the plant and reading and learning new things about is my chill time.

Some say colliade ?? silver yay and some say nay.
Old school way sounds complicated. Still don't understand what I read.

Any opinions?

STS for the win man. It doesn't fail to produce a large amount of pollen 

• Agree 2

Dude STS stands for silver Thiosulphate. It's a combination of chemicals that makes a female plant make pollen. STS is the commercial go to for making feminized seeds. 
Okay. If only google could explain it in such a simple way.
Is it the same as colloid silver (can never remember correct name) or a different chemical make up altogether?

With colloidal silver, getting the right ppm of silver in solution is an issue. Then the second issue is that one needs to spray the plant/branch daily for the first 3 weeks of flower... Then there is still a high likelihood that it didn't work... So no pollen. 

With STS, you flip to 12/12, you spray the plant once every 5 days, 4 sprays total, with the last spray on day 20, and you going to get pollen, a lot of it by day 35. So to get pollination timing right, the pollen donor goes into flower 2 weeks before the seed producers. 

Edited by Totemic
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Rodelization would be an other option to get feminized seeds.. letting them overshoot. The flowers they form are not Hermi related and proper XX male flowers (Nature FTW) ^^. For a fast shot.. I still would go colloidal with 30ppm. 12v battery and a silver coin.. need a pen.. or buy it from a shop. Health shops have often 250ppm colloidal silver solutions.. just dilute 10:1 and you are good to go and play. 

Just remember! DO NOT SMOKE THE WEED YOU SPRAYED!!!! The material you sprayed is for the compost heap.. not your lungs! Washing has no effect.. you have to dump it!!!!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Thunder Grown said:

You think simply growing by the ocean magically makes a strain an OG?  Strain's became popularized because of the black market and later medical, and those black markets growers used clone only cuttings to deliver consistent quality.  Florida's cut of OG kush is called Triangle Kush, a lot of the cuts stem from the same genetics and are just named after the region or grower who held them.

When people refer to "OG Kush", they generally mean one of the elite cuttings.  So to have OG kush, you either need to get a clone of the elite cuts or get genetics directly from one of the elite cuts that are considered "OG kush".  In my opinion at least.

just read a few things here and there, I can definitly say that a big number of the people agree that it does NOT stand for Ocean Grown and the fact that people say that makes some people butthurt. especialy this guy... (9.20)

what this guy also says is that the Bubba story also carries a whole lot of mystery to it. Here's that guy from your post, Josh D, giving some background info on it. 

So now I wana know this, if OG stands for original we have to ask ourselves, was this strain the original Kush? No, it wasn't. It was a cross with the "original" Kush, that really might not even have been the original Kush, cause of the story Bubba told.

You think that Bubba really got a random bag of weed and grew out the bag seed from it and that happened to be THE KUSH? so the deeper I dig into that story, with my common sense wide open, the more the story falls apart. 

like I said, unbaised research.

now, the question that remains, was the strain grown by the ocean? Yes, indeed it was. The new cross between the "so to speak" Hindu Kush and whatever they happened to cross it with, WAS grown by the ocean. as stated many times in many of these articles and links above. 

the more believable story is the Silk Road story where soldiers from Afghanistan and Vietnam where trading seeds around 1950 to 1960 and they got the seeds and from there US soldiers brought it over from Vienam during the Vietnam war that ended in 1970. In bulk.

It got bred around and morphology caused a phenotype that gained popularity between the masses on the West Coast. Who then started refering to it as the OG as in "original" like the guy said in the first video. But what he also, very clearly states, is that its genealogy cannot be traced, making it very clear that it is indeed NOT the original. but I am not saying I am agreeing with the dude, because what it very well was, was grown by the ocean, and like you yourself said, a strain gains it's name by the region it was grown or breeder or whatever. If I am a breeder I can call my strain whatever I like. 

I will say this though, when I started this thread I was unaware of the Bubba story, but now that I've heard it I don't agree with it being called Original Kush, if it's a cross anyway, even if that's what it stood for. 

Definitly doesn't mean Ocean Grown either.🤦‍♂️