Fact or Fiction

Naughty.Psychonaut

15 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Nah, just find it funny. For years the OG abbreviation has stood for original. I can't remember where I heard that. 

hahahah maybe all over the place bro, OG can be used in soooooooo many ways. clothing brands, refering to elders in hiphop community, general slang in most forms suggest "original".

just researching the meaning of "original" in the cannabis industry will actually point out that the strain is not the original, it's a cross, even though the masses will refer to it as the "Original Kush". 

It was indeed grown by the ocean, though. but the masses will argue that we shouldn't call it that. 

OG kush is an indica

indica couldn't come from Afghanistan

Original Kush didn't even originate in the Kush mountains. 

the kush passed around these days was a random seed found by "Bubba" when he bought a random bag of weed in America and he claimed it was the Original Kush. 

is this true? your guess is good as mine.

25 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

indica couldn't come from Afghanistan

Mhhhh Hindu/Hindi-kush is a pure indica strain. Is call just kush today by most.. they have great weed in Afghanistan.. not just poppy seeds 😂 Hindu Kush is the mountain chain.. stretching over the region India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Nepal, which country did I forget?  They make awesome charas  (hash made from fresh plants) 🤩

Edited by Prom
tyop
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

yeah, best charas in the world come from that region. 

what I am saying though is you don't get indica genealogy in the desert. 

the fact that it's a pure indica idicates that it's not originally from the Hindu Kush moutains, but rather from somewhere indica naturally grows.

speculations say it's from Vietnam, since Afghanistan traded ALL sorts of seeds through means of the silk road in 1950-1970. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

The Waldos. 

Little copy pasta from Wikipedia, but the information is legit. 

In 1971, five high school students in San Rafael, California,[5][6] used the term "4:20" in connection with a plan to search for an abandoned cannabis crop, based on a treasure map made by the grower.[7][8] Calling themselves the Waldos,[9][10] because their typical hang-out spot "was a wall outside the school",[11] the five students (Steve Capper, Dave Reddix, Jeffrey Noel, Larry Schwartz, and Mark Gravich)[12] designated the Louis Pasteur statue[13] on the grounds of San Rafael High School as their meeting place, and 4:20 pm as their meeting time.[11] The Waldos referred to this plan with the phrase "4:20 Louis". After several failed attempts to find the crop, the group eventually shortened their phrase to "4:20", which ultimately evolved into a code-word the teens used to refer to consuming cannabis.[7]

Steven Hager of High Times was responsible for popularizing the story of the Waldos.[14] The first High Times mention of 4:20 smoking and a 4/20 holiday appeared in May 1991,[15] and the connection to the Waldos appeared in December 1998. Hager attributed the early spread of the phrase to Grateful Dead followers[16] – after "Waldo" Reddix became a roadie for the Grateful Dead's bassist, Phil Lesh[12] – and called for 4:20 pm to be the socially accepted hour of the day to consume cannabis.[16]

• Thanks 1

Something more decent, but sad how much stuff is on the net that isn't legit.

It Started With Some High School Kids

You know who does know a thing or two about this? Larry "Ratso" Sloman, author of Reefer Madness: A History of Marijuana. The most accepted root of the high holiday starts with some high school kids in San Rafael, California, back in 1971. Sloman says the phrase started as "420 Louis," meaning "at 4:20 [they'd] meet by the Louis Pasteur statue outside the high school" and get high

Edited by StickyD420

Yeah, it seems for the most part, all the stories are about the Waldos. 

just not sure if the name stuck because of the formal political gathering regarding cannabis legislations, or just the random group of people that would come around every 4.20 at 4:20 to 420 all together hahah

I guess not as much a myth to that one, but still a nice topic

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Prom said:

I think Kush is originated from the Nepalese landrace.. but I could be wrong. Is just way closer and in the same mountain chain as India, Afghanistan, Pakistan.. tastes about the same ^^ 

The name Kush picked up, because it was popularised from the Kush Mountains man. 

but it was indica. meaning it HAD to travel there. 

if it traveled from another dry area, wouldn't it have been more sativa? 

I mean, like you said, Kush is pure Indica. 

how does this happen?

these mountains??

Hindu-Kush-Mountains-1024x465.thumb.jpg.0f13114dfe9fc743c7adf2e715991ba7.jpga5c9fa83e567cdb7f19cd84ef20b680c.jpg.09313bf05519245bc4a6fde8d6fa39f5.jpg0.39965500_1557923933_hindu.thumb.jpg.4ae3e7255346a1411f7fb5e6fd282a1d.jpghindukush.jpg.6fe6f03edc39ece0d36198f15ca84204.jpgmountain-in-hindu-kush-range-little-beth-wald.thumb.jpg.1171dfb3e5bcee95c6df8107522a6c77.jpgashret-gol-river-and-lowari-pass-khyber-pakhtunkhwa-province-pakistan-picture-id888710930-1.thumb.jpg.6acd578e79b1f7138d6bcb431af30a37.jpg

the wettests it gets is the flash flood when the ice melts

here's a map to show rivers, dams and well everythingHindu-Kush-Karakoram-Range.thumb.jpg.00e9fa39fa436b35d3e72010c0006066.jpg

looks like minimal rivers and dams, most water and glaciers are on the side of the Karakoram Mountain range, which is not part of the Hindu Kush Mountain range. 

so I don't think they would've called it Hindu Kush if it came from somewhere next to Hindu Kush.

but who knows, not me....

hindu-kush-mountain--didier-marti.jpg

• Like 1

See 😁 it sucks growing on rock.. but rock makes clouds rise.. what makes them rain off the excess water.

They grow quite active in the valleys and there are a lot of them.. region is huge!

1409345932_AfghanField2.thumb.jpg.445316a4491f919ace389eea8c0dab08.jpg

Any picture taken over the tree line has very little vegetation.. but the people do not plant on rock either ^^

I had Indian Charas and Nepal.. is about the same if you compare same quality, same earthy, same potent. Afghan I only had hash, very black and easy to form, same as Nepal hash. Is more or less same consistency and taste is also very similar. 

But ran into a little article about India strains..

Many botanists believe Cannabis sativa to be  native to India. Sativas are also known as narrow-leaf drug or NLD. On the other hand, pure Indicas (Known as broad-leaf drug or BLD) originate from a small area.  This area spans parts of southern Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a tiny portion of south-western China. Therefore, many cannabis experts claim that what people call Indicas should actually be called Afghanicas or BLD in order to avoid confusion.

I learned something in that short read too ^^ Reading is fun hehehe

Edited by Prom
short addon
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Prom said:

Many botanists believe Cannabis sativa to be  native to India. Sativas are also known as narrow-leaf drug or NLD. On the other hand, pure Indicas (Known as broad-leaf drug or BLD) originate from a small area.  This area spans parts of southern Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and a tiny portion of south-western China. Therefore, many cannabis experts claim that what people call Indicas should actually be called Afghanicas or BLD in order to avoid confusion.

where is this from?

how is this so very little known?

that area seems dry man, even the air. 

compared to when you move over to the side of asia, Burma is a literal jungle.

if I may ask, what makes you believe soooo strong that it couldn't have come from Vietnam, even regarding the fact that they traded in seeds for over 20 years in the 50's to 60's.

just think about it... cannabis was highly sought after, people wanted to trade this and move the stuff around. there was landraces in that area, why wouldn't they trade it?