Wulf

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Just wanted to give a quick update. 

This is the only survivor. 

Super lemon haze. 

Would you guys recommend doing LST? 

(This plant is been grown on my balcony)

PS I'm am using biobizz for nutes

Will be watered and fed tomorrow. 

Have some chilli 🌶  plants growing in the back as well as some mint, lovely with tea.

20201213_114357.jpg

20201213_114329.jpg

20201213_082939.jpg

20201213_114944.jpg

Edited by Wulf
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys

Quick update, 

SHES A GIRL!!! 

Took sum pics just now, will upload.

I am over the moon, first grow ever!

I would really like to say a big thank you to @Stinger96, dude u rock! Also wanna thank @PsyCLown and @Prom for your constant guidance 🙏.

She is measuring 85cm in height, beginning to get a very slight smell as well...according to the sellers site there should still be another 7 to 9 weeks??? (From pistils to flower).

20210113_174002.jpg

20210113_173806.jpg

IMG-20210113-WA0025.jpeg

20210113_174002.jpg

20210113_175557.jpg

Edited by Wulf
Added more pics
  • Like 5

Nice one, plant looks great so far! Super lemon haze is a sativa from what I know, that plant should flower between 13-15 weeks. Just so you can manage your expectations. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's how I know it.

Other sites say 10 week, but usually when they say its 8, its more like 12. 

Edited by ORGANinc.
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

So now we wait and see if it really is an auto or if its just showing sex. Should know shortly.

Regarding flowering times, not uncommon for breeders to state a flowering period which is shorter than what will be achieved. Best is to check the trichomes before harvesting, I never work off the breeders timeline as in my experience it has always been incorrect and the plants need an extra week or two. Depending on the pheno variation, sometimes even longer!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Wanted to post a quick update.

As you can see MJ is doing well. I cant believe that she is still growing taller, I measured her at 100cm today. 

I am still going very light on nutes.

What do you guys think, how much longer?

20210203_183839.jpg

20210203_183821.jpg

20210203_183753.jpg

20210203_183731.jpg

16123722590767882026779094645360.jpg

16123722899846942749202343992928.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys

Need sum help please.

Went out today to check up on MJ and was very upset to find this guy on my beloved baby. 

I got the wifes tweezers and removed it, he/she held on for dear life. I managed to get it off but I noticed a silk like web coming out of one end of this  caterpillar looking thing.

Once removed I took a closer look at the bud sites and found more of this web looking structure with a bunch of small red eggs??? (Think they eggs)

And the more I look the more "worms" I found, 4 in total and a whole lot of ??? "eggs" (vs worm poop)

So my question is what do I do???

Is it to late??? Can the plant be saved???

🤬🤬🤬😥

20210216_181345.jpg

20210216_181410.jpg

20210216_181746.jpg

20210216_182541.jpg

20210216_182513.jpg

Edited by Wulf
Errors

Welcome to the life of a Cannabis cultivator...😁

Stoney worms... Hate them... Some extra care and attentiveness will be needed in the weeks to come.. You did well by spotting them and removing them now... but you'll have to check daily in the morning and late afternoon especially... You need to rince off the worm poop.. it can cause bud rot.. Easiest way to find them is to check for the poop.. Easier to spot than these little worms... 

Don't give up bud... it's all part of the journey.. Good luck and enjoy..

:-peace

Edited by Stinger96
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

@Stinger96 Dude is it possible that Im having 2 different problems occuring at the same time? As in is it possible to have a spider mite infestation as well as this worm issue???
Check out below link, really looks like spider mites.
https://2fast4buds.com/news/most-common-pests-in-cannabis-spider-mites
My opinion is that it's only the worms. Spider mites you will see walking around, check under fan leaves for spider mite eggs.

I had the same worm problem in my first grow and had to also remove them with a tweezer very early in the morning.

Im not sure if you can spray anything during flower but perhaps some Margaret Roberts or Ludwig's, I know one of them makes an organic spray for worms.

Be sure to remove the worms asap otherwise bud rot will set in and you should not smoke that.
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, SAgrower said:

My opinion is that it's only the worms. Spider mites you will see walking around, check under fan leaves for spider mite eggs.

I had the same worm problem in my first grow and had to also remove them with a tweezer very early in the morning.

Im not sure if you can spray anything during flower but perhaps some Margaret Roberts or Ludwig's, I know one of them makes an organic spray for worms.

Be sure to remove the worms asap otherwise bud rot will set in and you should not smoke that.

Hiya, Thanks for the reply.

How did you remove the worm poop and webs? manually? 

Did u do a bud wash after harvest?

Im thinking about cutting out all the affected bud sites??? (like cutting out the cancer before it spreads)

Hiya, Thanks for the reply.
How did you remove the worm poop and webs? manually? 
Did u do a bud wash after harvest?
Im thinking about cutting out all the affected bud sites??? (like cutting out the cancer before it spreads)

The webs I removed with ear buds and then did a bud wash after cutting the plant down. Im unfortunately not in a position to give advice regarding the removal of the buds, perhaps someone with more experience will help you with that.
  • Thanks 1

Eish.

Spider mites will also leave spots / marks on your leaves (similar to thrips). So monitor and see.

I am sure you can hose the plant down to get rid of the poop, just with a gentle spray.

With the plant being outdoors, I am always worried about spraying pesticides and the effect it may have on some of the good bugs.

Perhaps get some pyrol, bring the plants in at night and give them a good spray with pyrol and leave them inside for the night. In the morning take them out again - for just incase.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Eish.

Spider mites will also leave spots / marks on your leaves (similar to thrips). So monitor and see.

I am sure you can hose the plant down to get rid of the poop, just with a gentle spray.

With the plant being outdoors, I am always worried about spraying pesticides and the effect it may have on some of the good bugs.

Perhaps get some pyrol, bring the plants in at night and give them a good spray with pyrol and leave them inside for the night. In the morning take them out again - for just incase.

Thanks for the reply!

I just called the local Agri in my area, they do have pyrol in stock, its like R370 for the 500mls, so will go buy that today.

Also they do have bio neem oil in stock, its like R250 for the 500mls.

Should I apply both of these at the same time??? or do one today and the other the next day???

TIA

Mararet Roberts also has a product for worms. Contains the bacteria Bauvaria Baussinia that stops the worms digestive system, they basically die from hunger, but it does take a day or 2 to start working. Its a granulated powder that contains the bacteria, you mix with water and apply with a garden pump sprayer.

I have used it with good success and its now part of my IPM as it can be sprayed dirimg flower.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bos said:

Mararet Roberts also has a product for worms. Contains the bacteria Bauvaria Baussinia that stops the worms digestive system, they basically die from hunger, but it does take a day or 2 to start working. Its a granulated powder that contains the bacteria, you mix with water and apply with a garden pump sprayer.

I have used it with good success and its now part of my IPM as it can be sprayed dirimg flower.

BB is a fungus which attacks the pests, works on more than just worms though and if the bugs come in contact with other bugs it can spread to those other bugs.
Quite sensitive the spores and have a relatively short lifespan, best to be kept in the fridge and used with dechlorinated water.

@Wulf you could use both, pyrol is more a contact killer where neem can kill on contact as well as when consumed by the pest.

Neem is perhaps better for prevention and pyrol for if you have a problem.

I am thinking pyrol may be better as it does break down a few hours after being sprayed onto the plant. Do not use the full strength, start at the low dose otherwise you may burn the leaves on your plant. Make sure you get a spreading agent as well to avoid the spray from forming drops and rolling off the leaves.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

I am thinking pyrol may be better as it does break down a few hours after being sprayed onto the plant. Do not use the full strength, start at the low dose otherwise you may burn the leaves on your plant. Make sure you get a spreading agent as well to avoid the spray from forming drops and rolling off the leaves.

Dude thanks so much for your advice.

Ummm a spreading agent??? any suggestions?

PS: Can I use both Pyrol and Neem simultaneously???

Just now, Wulf said:

Dude thanks so much for your advice.

Ummm a spreading agent??? any suggestions?

PS: Can I use both Pyrol and Neem simultaneously???

I have heard of people using sunlight liquid as a spreading agent, but never tried it myself. I use a proper spreader from a bottle, an organic one - contains terpenes.

Yes, you can use both neem and pyrol together. Use both at their lowest dosage to start with though otherwise you can burn your plants. No issue with mixing the two in the same bottle, easier when done this way.

The sprays do smell a bit, so maybe spray the plants in a bathroom or shower which you can easily rinse the spray out of afterwards.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Wulf said:

@Stinger96 Dude is it possible that Im having 2 different problems occuring at the same time? As in is it possible to have a spider mite infestation as well as this worm issue???

Check out below link, really looks like spider mites.

https://2fast4buds.com/news/most-common-pests-in-cannabis-spider-mites

Howzit bud.. Good read.. You might have spider mites but in my experience if you have webs like that and it is from spider mites you will see them crawling all over.. I've seen guys remove them with a vacume cleaner. I honestly think you have a worm problem only.. But if I could see the plant infront of me I might think different.. Nuke MJ and keep a close eye on her.. You still have at least 7-8 weeks of flower if I am not mistaken.. Just spend time with her on a daily basis and check the underside of the leaves..

Have you sprayed her yet?

• Like 1

@Stinger96 Hey bud, I was so sure I posted a update to this thread but dont see it now (???), anyways to answer your question, Yes I did spray her down yesterday afternoon.

Got some Bio Neem and Bio Pyrol, mixed up 3 liters of water and hosed the plant down like proper, proper.

Also found 2 more much smaller worms.

I also tried to manually remove all "webs" and poop using a ear bud as suggested by @SAgrower, (Thanks for the tip bro, it did help), I did wet the ear buds and that seemed to have helped even more. 

Its a very tiresome process, having to go thru each bud site.

After inspecting every single bud site I must say it doesnt look to bad as not asll bud sites had webs/poop/worms,just a few of them.

I hope the hosing down sorts out the problem

Any other suggestion in as far as pest contrl is concerned will be highly appreciated.

• Like 1