www.onlinegrowshop.co.za

People dont seem to grasp communication, and promise what they cant deliver. 

Just be upfront, say how it is, and others will respect that and you for doing so...

You make a promise and dont deliver, it doesn't reflect well.

So many people want work or opportunity to make a living, and others are nonchalant about their current.

Flippin SAD 

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, Prom said:

On my friends side... no refund, no lamp.. just more emails to say sorry. Time just passes.. they ruined him a grow with their lies and moron circus, selfish little pricks.

If nothing is coming this week, Police gets involved. Fun is over.. I actually start to get mad now.. how can you not be able to do what you promise for 2 weeks??? God damn liars... sorry.. supporting those dudes is just not good for the grow community.. like Cannabist.. the name is gone by now.

I actually had 2 friends that bought separate QB setups from them. 1 went smoothly and without a hitch... the other not so much.

The order in question was a 120w lm301h QB with additional red and UV. The light came in at R3000 (since then the price has bumped up to R3600)

After some emails to confirm the order my friend received confirmation that the order will be delayed till the end of the month due to lockdown and Covid-19 implications. Which was totally understandable. 

They offered a full refund or free delivery and 5 free seeds from Bulk Seed bank asdvertised for sale on their website.

Happy with the purchase and willing to wait he opted for the free seeds. The order eventually arrived but without the seeds as promised. The light was atleast a decent true representation of the advertised piece even though there is only 1 picture on their website to compare it with...

After 3 unanswered emails to enquire on the seeds my friend is still waiting.. in this case I think there is just too much on offer product wise and too little on offer customer service wise.

With the cannabis industry booming in SA it is easy to see a great business opportunity to try and flog products to avid customers.

The problem lies in the business ethic and integrity of the company/person you are dealing with. If a product is unavailable mark it as out of stock. If it is a made to order product, make a note on the product description to state the same. If you delay an order and offer a comprise,  keep to your promise... just keep it real and the support of your business will grow..

Or else you might just get screwed like Cannabist..

✌️

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thought I'd leave my experince here too.

I too ordered a grow light off their website. I ordered 480w led bars. It took about a month to get to me after also nagging and nagging for days on end. Every week I was told at the end of the week my lights would arrive, then Monday I would be told the same storey again. It was repetitive to be honest. It's difficult to keep your cool and with no physical shop etc it's really tough following up.

On another note though. The light that I have is actually of really great quality. I've only recently started using it so hopefully will see in the long run what it can do.

My rating:

1/5 for customer service

5/5 for product quality and price 

20200604_122845.jpg

20200604_122905.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Saurus said:

@StickyD420 this was about R12.5k. 

Nice profit on those lamps.. I should go into the grow light business ^^ I got my QBs for a 1.2x1.2 area for 7500...self import.. and I screwed the cables together myself.. and those boards are with Heat Sink, H version diode. 5.500 for screwing a lamp together in 10 mins.. not shabby. Looks like they spend the time after the lamp is done with drinking.. as they can't spend it on customer care.. there is NADA. 

Still nothing.. no lamp, no refund..

What PPFD foot print do they give you for the lamp?

Edited by Prom
typo
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

That is a good markup and quick income, wonder if they didnt drop ship those and hence the delay...

There doesn't seem anything to assemble either. 

I'm more worried about the report of actual LM301B used.

This is my opinion and dont mean upset anyone, if not allowed then please remove and I apologize in advance. 

Screenshot_20200629-223653_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

That is a good markup and quick income, wonder if they didnt drop ship those and hence the delay...

There doesn't seem anything to assemble either. 

I'm more worried about the report of actual LM301B used.

This is my opinion and dont mean upset anyone, if not allowed then please remove and I apologize in advance. 

Screenshot_20200629-223653_Chrome.jpg

Amen to that, Brother... Price and Service of the guys just slap you in the face. 

If you have to go cheap.. wallet deflated badly.. import yourself!!! If you want to buy a light in SA.. look that you have a long time warranty in it.. that might come in rather handy.

Second point is energy consumption. You want to use as little as possible with reaching your goal in yield. If you get a lamp with 600 Watt for a 1.2x1.2 area, the Mars Ts3000 is already waaaaaaaay more efficient. So anything drawing more as 450 Watt and you want to go 1.2x1.2 tent.. why on earth take the more drawing one???? If you extend it to the wallet game. The 600 Watt 12k lamp will be more expensive after 6 months than the 13.5k lamp running on 450 Watt. If the lamp provide a proper foot print, you can compare. If they don't.. you must be the god of grow lights to be able to know if the light will do the trick. Is like buying a race car with no kw or torque numbers of the engine. 

Think before you buy....

Edited by Prom
always same.. tyop.. aeh typo ^^
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, Saurus said:

@StickyD420 dude how did you find that online? I'm trying to find that product on Alibaba and can't seem to find it. Would be great if you could leave a link to it. I would probably buy more of those in the future to be honest. Super easy to use etc. 

It's Kingbrite LED, you can find their products quite efficiently through their company page and using the 'Products' drop down menu: https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html?spm=a2700.supplier-normal.35.3.71ee402doqTboJ#top-nav-bar

Just understand, it's Kingbrite. If you lose the chip lottery and your LEDs start fading in a year, don't get bummed. It's happened to a few members on other forums that I remember when initially researching them. 

There are other avenues to source genuine LED's locally, whether prebuilt or DIY. It's a bit of a rabbithole but it is there. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Saurus said:

@StickyD420 dude how did you find that online? I'm trying to find that product on Alibaba and can't seem to find it. Would be great if you could leave a link to it. I would probably buy more of those in the future to be honest. Super easy to use etc. 

Boss, rather go straight to @growopz and get his light, his are manufactured for him, with Samsung latest chips, and he actually knows so much about the technology, boards are made with quality thickness material and wont burn out or cause kak. That's my 2c

I have 2 of his lights and my next light is already on the list with him.

I can send you the link too, as I am here to help and you must be happy. 

https://m.alibaba.com/product/62213335398/Kingbrite-480W-LED-Strip-Light-Samsung.html

• Like 1

@Ill_Evan 

Thanks man. I just found it now online. So I saw the option I have at R7500 but nothing mentioned about any drivers. Assuming it's excluding the driver which is meanwell (R1500 -R2000). This is all before import tax or shipping. 

It's extremely difficult to find proper grow lights to import as you can see the Chinese market is just flooded with so many different options. I would love to find how these guys import etc and I will in the future build my own lights etc.

Thanks for the help

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

It's Kingbrite LED, you can find their products quite efficiently through their company page and using the 'Products' drop down menu: https://kingbriteled.en.alibaba.com/company_profile.html?spm=a2700.supplier-normal.35.3.71ee402doqTboJ#top-nav-bar

Just understand, it's Kingbrite. If you lose the chip lottery and your LEDs start fading in a year, don't get bummed. It's happened to a few members on other forums that I remember when initially researching.

This was my fear on those types of imports,

Heard way to many stories on those import lights and they are never as advertised,  please also check the watt draw at the wall for correct output 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Saurus said:

@Ill_Evan 

Thanks man. I just found it now online. So I saw the option I have at R7500 but nothing mentioned about any drivers. Assuming it's excluding the driver which is meanwell (R1500 -R2000). This is all before import tax or shipping. 

It's extremely difficult to find proper grow lights to import as you can see the Chinese market is just flooded with so many different options. I would love to find how these guys import etc and I will in the future build my own lights etc.

Thanks for the help

That link I sent you now, has the whole kit as you paid for it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:
6 minutes ago, Saurus said:

@Ill_Evan 

Thanks for the help

That link I sent you now, has the whole kit as you paid for it.

Thanks man. I see now it's the whole setup. That's crazy cheap. I agree. Boycott onlinegrowshop. This is robbery

• Sad 1

@StickyD420 thanks so much man. Yeah I'm just trying to find the best product for price, just like everyone else reading this thread (I assume).  Will have a look and test this light properly etc. Will also use the guys recommended on this forum, that is why I am here.

Thanks again. Appreciate it alot

We are here to help, it may sometimes not seem that way and we might come across as smart arses, but in all honesty we are guiding you from our mistakes, we have made or homework we have done already. 

Thanks man. I see now it's the whole setup. That's crazy cheap. I agree. Boycott onlinegrowshop. This is robbery

Shame, no, not at all, not my intention. 

They are offering you the light here, right now and with their personal backup and service. 

That's where they drop the ball in my opinion, otherwise the guy who didnt want to import or make his own or do research, could just get his light.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@StickyD420 thanks man. It's all great info you've left us with. I've mentioned on other threads that I have family that works in the led lighting industry. All cheap industrial Chinese lighting options. So for me seeing this gap in the market, or rather not gap but slack in service, could be a great opportunity for someone. I agree with you that if there is a great customer service people would be happy to pay the price. Thanks again man. I really do appreciate the help here. 

• Like 1

We come to the point, where people write they know what they do and researched.. but I just had a quick look over their website and checked the LED lights.

Lets quickly Quote the website:

We at Online Grow Shop have researched far and wide to make sure that we offer the new and up and coming South African Growers market the top of the range in both HID and LED grow lights.

Lets jump in the LED selection and that REALLY made my head shake!!!!

https://www.onlinegrowshop.co.za/product/300w-led-quantum-board-v3-with-additional-red-and-uv/

I post the link... since when in this corner of the Universe is UV part of PAR? What a waste of energy is that?!?!

No research.. also didn't found a PPFD from any of the lamps they build and sell. How do they know distance to hang for the stages?? I do not see any research at all... sorry.. just importing kits and selling them as top notch grow lights. Hehehe still giggle, PAR stops at 400nm, Hombres 😂 Light can hurt your plants and yield. After those guys, you have to figure that out yourself. 😕

Just writing it on your website, doesn't mean you know what you do..

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 2

Lets get quickly a bit science into this, might help a lot of the new folks reading this understand.

Light is the main ingredient beside water. To little or to much of both will hurt or kill your plant.

A plant with perfect light and lower quality fertilizer will still out perform a plant under low light and pro fertilizer.

The plants have three stages with different light demand. For indoor growing, to much is more often the danger during early stages.

Germination and seedlings need around 250 micromol PAR light for perfect growing. 

Veg they perform best with about 500 micromol PAR light.

You can also go up in stages during Pre but I usually just go full. 

Full means 1000 micromol PAR.. that seems to be the max the Cannabis plants can handle with the usual CO2 concentration and no, didn't grew on my shit ^^, I read that up, Apogee made some extensive studies on that topic.

Over 1000 micromol PAR you need to add a CO2 generator to have profits. So you would just waste the energy without it.

Grow light producers do those measurements and tell you how high to hang for the stages. If they don't provide a germination distance, just use the same distance they reduce for Flower and add that to Veg distance. To much isn't the best for the youngsters. But in general they provide Veg and Flower distance. If you never grew before and get no indication what to do.. will not add to a satisfying outcome. Indoor, nothing has more importance then your light!!

Is also the most expensive.. so you better do your home work, if you do not buy from a known producer. 

If you order yourself and want to DIY.. those boards have several options, you go for the 3000k 660nm or 3500k 660nm version. I perfer the 3000k, others the 3500k.. read up.. you learn quite some on the way till you order your first gear.

If you are not in the mood to read up... do yourself a favor and buy off the shelf a known and tested product. Will help your yield if you know how to handle the lamps. Rest is a bit a mine field of frustration.

Not all of the stuff the guys sell is crap.. they just seem to have ordered a bunch of boards and thought all can get used to grow.. the UV boards would work too.. you would just waste the energy for the UV diodes.. as that helps nothing with your plants. If you switch a 450 Watt lamp on for growing, you go 1000 Rand Eskom on top of your usual bill (light will make heat, air needs to get moved). So wasting energy shouldn't be on your list.. the indoor setup will get over taken by the Eskom bill within a year. Is not just the gear.. the gear will constantly cost you money. When you have a 600 Watt lamp in and just let her "shine".. you waste 300 Rand a month on a 1.2x1.2 area. Saving now.. might not be the big saving at the end of the year. The more efficient you can run your lamp(s).. the cheaper you get out of this experience. For a total beginner, outdoor first to see if you don't kill all green things.. if you have a good outdoor result, indoor should work fine, if you give it the same attention. It just comes with way more cost compared to outdoor growing. So fuck ups indoor.. cost more. Buying the wrong gear will actually hinder you making progress. 

If your Lamp has a dimmer.. you will have issues to set it correctly without a quantum flux meter. Most lamp producers have em set on max and so set their distance to hang.. but if you get a lamp with a dimmer. You enter the world of guessing without a tool costing the same as your lamp. Keep that in mind if you go high performance lamps.. those all have a dimmer in general.

Edited by Prom
Added last section
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

If I may add to your excellent write up,

There is some data that UV light will open the stomata on the leaves faster or better, but the rewards are not yet worth it, so you are right.

Guys also need to be aware, and see how many LED diodes are on the boards and what the power supply rates are, and if you do so, might find that companies are using the bare minimum diodes at the max voltage or amps, therefore pushing the diodes life to the shortest and not running very efficiently. 

Companies whom I have suggested, have precisely done those calculations and you'll find they are running more diodes at their peak efficiency and not full voltage, amps or watts. 

So your light and Investment will last more than double the time, and you get more diodes normally, which means more light coverage and less shadows.

• Like 2

And he got the "better" light as replacement for the 4 QB 288 board lamp he ordered.. is a LED Bar Lamp 😉 so those lights are better then QBs. I learn a lot from those dudes...

I think I stick with my lamps and will not switch 😂 I would have demanded to get the 4 QB Lamp originally ordered.. a lot more for your money hehehe 

I cross this topic off and put a ignore on their URL, not touching that store myself.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1