Snapshot Of The Month 4/20 - Sponsored by Cannabist, Green Smoke Room Seeds & TheHighCo.

420SA

Vote for the SOTM April Winner  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for the SOTM April Winner

• Club_high
    • Kwanda #1
    • Kwanda #2
    • oldsandals
    • trichomechaser
    • Dimitri_JK
    • Craig
    • Kyle Pienaar
    • KaktusBoer #1
    • KaktusBoer #2

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/12/2020 at 10:00 AM

Just a friendly reminder to those who are recruiting people to vote for them i.e. cheating .... or signing up multiple profiles

The poll currently underway is in no way the final decider of the winners. YOU ARE WASTING YOUR TIME

@Mandy @Euan @Alana @Andy

These profiles will be removed shortly

There are others that are suspicious as well, so ya just read the bold text above if you are doing this

• Agree 1
  • Sad 1

And to the member who is behind this. Your IP has already been traced to these profiles so you can consider yourself out the running already. Well done boet :-clap

I'll spare you the public humiliation although Im sure everyone will figure out who...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/22/2020 at 5:06 PM, YourStonedBuddy said:

This my my #4 pheno of The Plug seedbanks, Dosidos x Watermelon Zkittlez on day 59 of flower. She smells like nasty dogs breath 

1176157009_fullres(1).thumb.jpg.3143ec3784989de65f142ac935ce7b96.jpg

How didn't this make it to the voting?! 😧

Probably the most insane image I've seen through all these comps.

• Agree 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/6/2020 at 2:40 PM, 420SA said:

Entries are judged on:

1. Overall originality -  What sets the image apart from others. 

1 hour ago, trichomechaser said:

How didn't this make it to the voting?! 😧

56598274_156818135341407_7233809028890276142_n.thumb.jpg.c803c5317bf0caa413efc4272c2af46b.jpg.d344e62619bc0888c9a5f12b388740a7.jpg 1375636222_bubblegumextraauto.thumb.jpg.6c31b890ccea94128fc82232c77712af.jpg.9222b28375a180d7f18f7eff759c89ca.jpg faded.thumb.jpg.9e7e998e88eecf5858be52511c90de01.jpg.c4517efbe0e23f95aa87609b283e9e7f.jpg jack-herer-autoflower.thumb.jpg.ed7fa31bb9559cc93ed7ffd5f94661a5.jpg.9cfef6e4ea8762ad48059fac185cd834.jpg Tangie.thumb.jpg.0d878f5a06ed84af0074a43bde12e9c2.jpg.07fb40ba0d6dbd58c0557c4dbfe70776.jpg

1 hour ago, YourStonedBuddy said:

Ehhh, ive not been included in the last few ive entered 😕

Oh, you mean the kinda pic @trichomechaser is known for and has pretty much perfected (but not quite as good)?

Ok pal 😉

• Like 1

Heyyyy guys dont fight !!'just enjoy what The fuck we all are doing here, keep the stoner nation REAL !!! Why the fuck should everything be a fight! 

Be thank full  for the companies giving stuff away and be greatfull for a platform where we can do stuff like this FFS 👉🏻😑

• Like 2

12 hours ago, trichomechaser said:
How didn't this make it to the voting?!

Honestly, for this comment and anyone that wants to ask about how those kind of pics didn't make it.

As someone just viewing the forum and participating, I feel that those images are awesome, yes, but there isn't something uniquely memorable about it.

You may have taken time and put in effort to take the picture, but honestly it looks like a good advertisement picture for a strain against a black background, which isn't anything out of the ordinary, and isn't that original either.

Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful pictures. But this is a competition to judge a winner, not who has the best photography setup.

I shoot all of my pictures on my phone and sometimes find myself almost all the way on the ground to find that right angle, lol. So I'm pretty bummed I didn't make nominations either.

Just enjoy the spirit of the competition peeps. Who knows, maybe you'll win the next one.

I'm a new member here and mean no disrespect, just thought I'd share my opinion as it may make a difference.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Edited by TheUltimateNoob
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Same here I take pics with my Iphone 8 does not even have a duel camera. Sometimes I take 50 shots of one thing just to get Maybe one image I want to use.

like TheUltimateNoob said on top⬆️ Sometimes you down low ,other times you try to block out shades and sharp light. 
its surely nothing like taking a pic with a great camera.

like I said before lets be greatfull fot this platform, and enjoy what we doing.

have a nice Weekend guys.stay Lifted🤟🏻

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It comes down to the criteria we judge the pictures against and this is posted on the first post of each competition.

Point #1 is originality, we look for pictures which we feel are original and creative. Something you don't see everyday.

@trichomechaser you take some amazing pictures and I've stated this multiple times before. Although as has already been mentioned, the type of pictures you typically take are not exactly original or creative in the sense that it feels like something out of a breeders catalogue - go browse some seedbank sites and you'll see a lot of similar pictures showing off a flowering plant.

This isn't a competition about who has the best bud shot or best looking flowering plant, it's the best snapshot.

I didn't start these comps and was not involved in starting them up or the criteria the pictures are judged on, although I feel they're quite fair. If it were about who had the best budshot then the plant(s) you're growing would play a big role and you'd need a decent setup to get studio quality pictures.

This competition needs to be fair for as many people as possible. It's still a competition so unfortunately using a cellphone from 10 years ago with a 2MP camera probably won't cut it as the picture quality will be pretty shitty.

Some photography skill certainly plays a role but I'd not the only determining factor as well as the type of camera one uses, I suspect majority of pics are taken with peoples cell phones anyway and that's perfectly fine, although it needs to be in focus at least.

This is the criteria the pictures are judged on.

Entries are judged on:

Overall originality -  What sets the image apart from others. 

Wow factor -  does the image get attention.

Quality and clarity - Is the detail in the image decent. Is the photograph clear, well focused and not blurry.

Effort - was there a good amount of thought and effort that went into the image [\quote]

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• 420SA unpinned this topic
  • 420SA unfeatured this topic