Training wheels

Nikkel

Ahh ok, so the end goal is to put it into the ground?

Yeah, 20L should be fine then and then afterwards put it into the ground. Even 10L may suffice for now, just until the weather improved a bit.
No, end goal is to keep her in pot... Next grow will be in the ground fully outdoor.
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nikkel said:
21 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:
Ahh ok, so the end goal is to put it into the ground?

Yeah, 20L should be fine then and then afterwards put it into the ground. Even 10L may suffice for now, just until the weather improved a bit.

No, end goal is to keep her in pot... Next grow will be in the ground fully outdoor.

Oh ok, but you will be flowering her outside? So still a long time until she starts to flower so she is going to get BIIIG.

I do not think 20L will suffice, you will need to go bigger I think, although you can use 20L for now.

• Like 1

Oh ok, but you will be flowering her outside? So still a long time until she starts to flower so she is going to get BIIIG.
I do not think 20L will suffice, you will need to go bigger I think, although you can use 20L for now.
Well now you making me think... This is my 1st grow, so not sure how big she'll grow lol!

1 minute ago, Nikkel said:
3 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Well now you making me think... This is my 1st grow, so not sure how big she'll grow lol!

I believe outdoor plants only start to flower in Jan - March, properly from march. So you still have a few months of veg time with her if you're doing it outdoors.

You could cut it short by only giving her light for 12 hours and then bringing her inside for 12 hours and making sure she gets no light for those 12 hours. Then you can flower whenever you want to. 20L should be sufficient then.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to judge your plant with the pictures as in some photos the leaves look rather light and in others they look a bit darker.

Are you giving her enough nutes? You PH your water and so forth?

Also now that you are going into flower you want to start increasing the Potassium and Phosphorus and back off a bit on the nitrogen.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

It's hard to judge your plant with the pictures as in some photos the leaves look rather light and in others they look a bit darker.

Are you giving her enough nutes? You PH your water and so forth?
Also now that you are going into flower you want to start increasing the Potassium and Phosphorus and back off a bit on the nitrogen.
Yeah took crappy phone pics this morning as I was late for work lol! Flash was on auto so guess thats what made the leaves look different on the pics.

Nutes...just Nitrosol and tap water... No fancy goodies

Personal preference but I would go for the small pots. I would 1st germ my seeds in a easy plug to make sure it does germinate (and its fun to see how it grows out of it) and then pot to the pots. From there it all depends on what your end goal is. 

PS: Cape Town wind is hectic at times yeah I have to agree. I don't live in town but rather a smaller town about a 30 min drive. But still that wind. Light breeze and then suddenly you have to run out and grab shit about to take off....... 

Edited by Smelly Joe

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I should start a new thread as I haven't graduated from my training wheels just yet...🤣

Germinated a new batch of 6... from what I was told by my friend...2 cheese, 2 skunk and 2 bag seed... can't remember which is which as I was too geroek the night to recall...

4 of them popped up last night...still waiting on the other 2...will see when I get home later.

Got some grow bags on Takealot   and will use bottled Aura water this round... Thinking of trying Kelpak organic seaweed extract as well...

Still have a good amount Nitrosol left over so will  feed when the time comes...soil from Hart nursery in Ottery works well so will stick to it

20191003_071642.jpg

20191002_184816.jpg

20191002_184806.jpg

Edited by Nikkel
  • Like 1

The grow bags I got from Takealot came today...they didn't specify the volume in liters but put sizes down as 30cm x 30cm x40cm... Height is 30cm so nice and low.

In the pic is a 25l can that fits in there comfortably with space all round... Taking a wild gues that it could be close to a 40l bag with handles... Also got some Kelpak seaweed extract...need to get some more soil to fill these bags come transplant day

Looking forward to the next grow! fc8a2c48de8dda90282efb3ee2f8e30d.jpg3543a2280d1c2e685aca762d36f9c165.jpg

• Like 1