First ever Grow...

MrE

9 hours ago, Honey-man said:

Whats the reason for covering the soil?

I had a few thrips to deal with*, so I made a sticky-side-up packing tape lid (also prevents gnats from getting started and helps to keep the top soil from drying out too much).

*I was searching the leaves for thrips and found one, which then jumped away from the plant (plant was smaller, thought maybe on its way back it might come into contact with the taped soil area at some point). So I tried the lid thing, and haven't had any more pests since then, and find it generally beneficial for my style of growing.

What?....I'm not crazy... why's everyone looking at me like that? 😉

Edited by MrE
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, MrE said:

I had a few thrips to deal with*, so I made a sticky-side-up packing tape lid (also prevents gnats from getting started and helps to keep the top soil from drying out too much).

I just wondered now how you actually water your plants with the sticky tape on 🤔

49 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

Very nice clean up man. Think you will have nice stretch on those nodes you left.

I think you can safely change the name of the diary from first grow ever to crazy canopies :-clap

Thanks dude, I appreciate you. Always a bit nerve wracking wondering if I made the right decisions ya know. But I love the journey.

Is there even an option to change the title?? Mods, please feel free to rename to whatever.

Edited by MrE

3 hours ago, ORGANinc. said:

You gna have to be unforgiving with the pruining of that dqxslurri, the internodal spaces are none existent 

True true! I could have painted myself in a corner in the quest for my visual goal. Ya maybe I'll snip some of the thinner/weaker shoots coming up from the lower canopy, n make some room. Got a bit carried away 🙂

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MrE said:

True true! I could have painted myself in a corner in the quest for my visual goal. Ya maybe I'll snip some of the thinner/weaker shoots coming up from the lower canopy, n make some room. Got a bit carried away 🙂

Na don’t stress, it will be more visible which way to proceed once the stretch happens, I think you still in a good place 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Grass Baas said:

Holy Shit!!! This is beautiful. Great cleanup! I love the fact that there is only one plant in there and utilizing all of your space. Well done!! Great thread too.

Thanks dude :). It's super rewarding when it works out. Love training.

• Like 2