From seed to smoke

CleanGreen

12 hours ago, greenkush said:

Burples get a bad rap, personally I love the color. My only issue with the cheap ones is their diodes tend to burn out after like 2 or 3 grows.

In my second grow now under the light... so far so good, fingers crossed haha.

Do you or anyone else know where to get 10W diodes locally?  just to get spares.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SkunkPharm said:

I personally only have warm white (3000k and 4000k) lights. Had a blurples last grow. But found the ladies stretching to much. But nice to see there is ones that actually works.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Maybe the stretch is due to hanging height of the light!? My light manual says about 40cm from canopy but I hand them at 20cm. less coverage but that why I supplement with cheap led flood lights.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

you can add one more step and get rid of the chlorophyll

by leaving the solution in a closed glass jar in the sun for 30 min to a hour then evaporate your solvent

and you can ask a pharmacy to order denatured ethanol for you

• Thanks 2

On 4/19/2019 at 11:43 AM, Gnome said:

and you can ask a pharmacy to order denatured ethanol for you

Denatured basically means purposely poisoned to stop it from being consumed so use denatured entirely at your own risk, same goes for rubbing alcohols. 99% food grade ethanol is what you should be using if your aim is to have a clean medicine.

If you low on budget and you want extract to smoke then surely you're far better off extracting with newport butane?

• 1 month later...

Been a while since last update. 2 weeks ago I had to get rid of my flowering Peach hybrid..... powdery mildew took over, guess not the best time of year to grow Indica indoor without humidity control haha oh well my Sativa girls doing great,  week 9 of flowering gonna push her to 12 wks. So far the colder weather and humidity not effecting her grow.

Below generation 3

_SAM8056.thumb.JPG.9270dd06b30cf067c7a1faa3bd530eb5.JPG

_SAM8052.thumb.JPG.1543f5da4c1863458b2b7af25c50ad44.JPG

Generation 4 clones below

_SAM8053.thumb.JPG.5a546e419d9d8cc2f7ec661db99e9061.JPGWild girls!!!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 11:36 AM, CleanGreen said:

@Smelly Joe Why read if you can watch 😉 ... btw its really simple process, just some patience with cooking off the alcohol.

Could not watch the video, the melanoma type lesion on his scalp  had me distracted.

Edited by greenkush
  • Haha 4

Nice diary man! 

My 2c about the damn airstones that float haha! I bought pumice stones... Like 20... And use them in my res... 

1)microbes loooove them...

2)They weigh the airstone down 

3)i use them as inoculates to other res buckets

I don't like airstones that have plastic housing... I mean... I love them because they last and last... But damnit they float!! 

I like the ones that look like a ball, they don't float and don't split.. Never get the flat ones as they split like a clam after one grow

And did you come right with the fishtank heaters bru? They defs make a welcome difference! 

• Like 1

@CreX Thanks fellow grower!

You just put 20 pumice stones floating in the res? guess it's not the small ones? Don't they get entangled into the roots?

Two weeks ago I put a 25w heater in my flowering res, not much difference, my two veg res have no heating and seem to grow like animals!

• Like 1