From seed to smoke

CleanGreen

Soap bar size stones... They do float... Until water gets in... Then it sinks and stays sunk, iv never had any get tangled in my roots before. So I would have them in my fresh water res that I use to water my resies or top up with... And when I need them I reach in and grip one.. Best is using them in my AACT... Once the brew is done I put them in various res buckets that need a tea top up. 

Not more than 3 in a res, depending on how many airstones I have going.. 

My water Temps were going down below 10, so I used a heater... Growth has been better since then.. More constant. 

• Thanks 1

[mention=1803]Bospatrollie2[/mention] Sure man... btw they were in the bin all squeezed out... think i'm gonna make dreadlocks out of them!
20190629_163224.thumb.jpg.d84c26b5815a5a830c6f2c948dfb688f.jpg
That is a good root ball my friend.... no wonder those plants grew so well.
I'm growing organic in soil and always like to check the root growth after harvesting. To try and get an idea of the overall health of the rootzone.
Happy roots+happy plants=good harvest
You are doing something right there.
Lekker man

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, CleanGreen said:

Feedback on the harvest above.

So 8 weeks of flower gave me a upper effect smoke and 12 week flower a more couch locked effect ( hence the lack of posts )

The girls could do with some maintenance work! 

_SAM8132.thumb.JPG.6a6bcc39ca39ec927d2dcdaa4d1b54f7.JPG

Love the jungle you got going, now thats a spot i could pitch a tent, lol. 

• Like 1

Shame man... Poor ladies growing past the light😅

Need to make a choice now... Either raise the lights to get that under lights too... Or chop chop chop so that the lower stuff can get light... 

Not sure how many grows you have, but this is something a scrog can help with, or more diligence in veg with training. 

• Like 3

@PsyCLown 

5 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Quite the jungle you got there!

You gonna add more lights and raise them or what do you plan on doing?

So from my experience of my last 4 grows less is more, the less i do the more they grow. Creating a flat canopy was creating issues for me. I dont see a reason why lighting the middle part of the plant wont give good results. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Oolong83 said:

is that LED flood lights you using? i just got a 20w LED floodlight to use on my Stoep for the outdoor plants, will it work?

Have been thinking whether or not to maybe get e few to cover bigger area. 

@Oolong83 Yeah they are, Cheap local Flash flood lights.  I got 50w and 80w  6000k ones.  Yes it will work, as long as you hang them not to far from the plants. +- 40cm or like me in between the plants lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CleanGreen said:

@PsyCLown 

So from my experience of my last 4 grows less is more, the less i do the more they grow. Creating a flat canopy was creating issues for me. I dont see a reason why lighting the middle part of the plant wont give good results. 

Alright, as long as it work and 370g dry from 2 plants is good, they vegged for how long? 2 months?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CleanGreen said:

@PsyCLown 

So... The buds that are above the light... They develop fully and are nice and dense and happy? 

Having a light in the middle of your garden is called verticle lighting and is generally done with an open bulb without a reflector so that light goes in many directions... 

You have a light facing down... So only leaves and bud sites under the light will develop properly. 

• Like 2