Grand daddy purple - Sea of Green

Nope

Week 5 flower.

I still haven't moved the short plant up front, this is due purely to my laziness. I need to focus on the tent a little more.  I can feel my attention drifting. things like, Whats the next run? What can be done better? Fabric pots? Was this SOG worth it...? The short attention span struggle is real.  

Tent is looking healthy. Changes have been made to the Nutriplex(now Nutrigold???) recommended feeding program. It's their second week getting the amended program, so far so good. 

Canopy starting to show the purple. The tent is a week or 2 behind the moms outside. Hopefully more colour is on the way. 

image.thumb.png.bf641912103b55f708c104b5594102a9.png

Buds getting frosty. 

image.thumb.png.9a1e0754c171edb7d70f8941a2b9323c.png

Thanks for looking. Negative or positive, your input is valued. 

Edited by Adansonia digitata
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up on 7 weeks since flip, and the trichomes are still mostly clear on the plants in the tent. Same same for the donor ladies outside. This is supposed to be a "fast" cultivar... 

• 2 weeks later...

Donor/mother plants were harvested on Sunday. Quite stoked with how they came out, but I think they would have done better if the lower growth was removed so the plants could  focus on the top colas. guess that's comes with more experience, this is only my 3rd proper grow. I will probably wash both of them through bags and press the hash.

Tent ladies... First thing I noticed when I opened the building door was acrid burned electrical smell. 1 of the RAM circulation fans had burned out during the evening. Quite fucked off with that, these fans were a new addition for this grow. Less than 3 months old!! 

I have no idea what the dry yield is going to be. Anyone keen to hazard a guess? I'd love hear from the seasoned growers.

Front View  

image.thumb.png.d2cff02e15f3604bce2c356b7bfe7697.png

Canopy view 

image.thumb.png.18ed1a7273081c5fc0e98f43041887fc.png

Thanks for looking. Your opinion, negative or positive is most valued. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Donor/mother plants were harvested on Sunday. Quite stoked with how they came out, but I think they would have done better if the lower growth was removed so the plants could  focus on the top colas. guess that's comes with more experience, this is only my 3rd proper grow. I will probably wash both of them through bags and press the hash.

Tent ladies... First thing I noticed when I opened the building door was sharp acrid burned electrical smell. 1 of the RAM circulation fans had burned out during the evening. Quite fucked off with that, these fans were a new addition for this grow. Less than 3 months old!! 

I have no idea what the dry yield is going to be. Anyone keen to hazard a guess? I'd love hear from the seasoned growers.

Front View  

image.thumb.png.d2cff02e15f3604bce2c356b7bfe7697.png

Canopy view 

image.thumb.png.18ed1a7273081c5fc0e98f43041887fc.png

Thanks for looking. Your opinion, negative or positive is most valued. 

Looking very cool man. I see you did a full on lollipop on all the ladies.

I would throw a number out of between 10 to 15 grams dry trim weight per plant.

So all in all between 160 and 200 grams I would guestimate...

I enjoyed following your grow. Went a lot faster than a Baobab 😂

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, John Stonedwell said:

Looking very cool man. I see you did a full on lollipop on all the ladies.

I would throw a number out of between 10 to 15 grams dry trim weight per plant.

So all in all between 160 and 200 grams I would guestimate...

I enjoyed following your grow. Went a lot faster than a Baobab 😂

Thanks man. It's been a wild ride, thanks for following.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bay Seeds said:

I want mine to look like that lol. So cool to watch.

image.thumb.png.18ed1a7273081c5fc0e98f43041887fc.png.ae8a670953573c4f068fa7523c60de0f.png

Thanks dude. It's a very enjoyable cultivation method because it moves quickly. Even better if you have a tent where you can keep mothers vegging and just harvest clones every so often. 

• Like 1

On 5/13/2021 at 9:33 AM, Adansonia digitata said:

I can feel my attention drifting. things like, Whats the next run? What can be done better? Fabric pots? Was this SOG worth it...? The short attention span struggle is real.  

Dude yes... this is me.

I'm still two weeks away from flipping to flower in my current grow and now I'm planning the next one and buying second tents, lights, etc.. People say smoking is the addiction but for me its the growing🤣

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

1 hour ago, Adansonia digitata said:

The second RAM fan burned out during the course of today. Fuck that company. Skelms praying on home growers. 

Were they out of warranty then I guess it is tough beans.... But if they under warranty still, I would get them replaced 👌✌️

10 minutes ago, CreX said:

Were they out of warranty then I guess it is tough beans.... But if they under warranty still, I would get them replaced 👌✌️

Changed the plugs to suit my needs. Buy the ticket, take the ride. 

• Haha 1

Changing the plug.. shouldn't void your warranty. If both inliners gave up in that short time, something is wrong with the build of that series. I would contact them and ask.. 3 months run time is waaaaaaaaaaaay to short 😠

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, GGG said:

AC infinity is the shit , worth the money you spending

Sent from my Hisense Infinity H50 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Prom said:

Changing the plug.. shouldn't void your warranty. If both inliners gave up in that short time, something is wrong with the build of that series. I would contact them and ask.. 3 months run time is waaaaaaaaaaaay to short 😠

Slick website and the products look great! WOW, serious business. The RAM fans I'm referring to are the 5'' clip on fans for circulation. The next run I wont be using circulation fans, just going to bump up the FAE from 150m³/h to 200m³/h. That volume of air moving in and out of the tent should be sufficient to cause turbulence. I'm not convinced with the circulation fans being essential for anything other than moving the air in the space.

@Prom Thanks for your comment, I'll call them today but I don't have high hopes. I don't have an invoice or the boxes, and I've cut the OEM 2 pin plugs off.  Even I wouldn't replace them. LOL!

Plants look nice.. just so much waste of space 😉 Only having one main makes sense of very bud heavy plants.. in your case I would have topped each plant during veg and look that you get at least 6-10 sides. You still can lolipop those sides. But growing a plant for 10-15g harvest.. is a bit of a waste. I don't reach 50g on a plant, I kinda call it a fail. 😜 

The result is nice.. so you know how to treat that strain.. do a second round, 50% of the plants and top them after the 7 node, remove the lower 2-3 double nodes. Let them go wide, if they don't, LST. If you get enough buds, they will keep them self up.. bud on bud growing 😁 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

I hear what you're saying. S.O.G(not SCROG) method is meant to have more plants per m², churning out smaller yields in shorter time. This in theory should enable the grower to add cycles in a year. I must point out, to make S.O.G a viable option. The grower must have a mother tent where clones can be harvested, rooted and put into flower with almost no vegetative time. I did 16 plants in 4ltr bags, but I convinced if you have deep 2ltr pots you can probably squash 25 or more plants into the space.   

So many typos and and and.
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Prom said:

just so much waste of space 

I think is the main thing here, 

if you reeeeeeeeeaally don't wana touch the plants or do any training AND keep time to a minimal, that doesn't mean you MUST waste space. 

I mean you can, it's all up to you. 

why not just squeeze a 100 cuts or however much it takes to fill the space and make an actual S.O.G (not S.C.R.O.G) lol 

I mean, you could easily double your harvest. maybe even tripple. 

but hey, you do you

8 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

What do you mean with this statement? 

this is what I mean... 

19 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

I hear what you're saying. S.O.G(not SCROG) method is meant to have more plants per m², churning out smaller yields in shorter time. This in theory should enable the grower to add cycles in a year. I must point out, to make S.O.G a viable option. The grower must have a mother tent where clones can be harvested, rooted and put into flower with almost no vegetative time. I did 16 plants in 4ltr bags, but I convinced if you have deep 2ltr pots you can probably squash 25 or more plants into the space.   

Just now, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

this is what I mean... 

I'm struggling to see the screen in a single picture posted of the tent... Maybe it's one of those invisible screens, like that sculpture that was recently sold... 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

I hear what you're saying. S.O.G(not SCROG) method is meant to have more plants per m², churning out smaller yields in shorter time. This in theory should enable the grower to add cycles in a year. I must point out, to make S.O.G a viable option. The grower must have a mother tent where clones can be harvested, rooted and put into flower with almost no vegetative time. I did 16 plants in 4ltr bags, but I'm convinced if you have deep 2ltr pots you can probably squash 25 or more plants into the space.   

2 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

I think is the main thing here, 

if you reeeeeeeeeaally don't wana touch the plants or do any training AND keep time to a minimal, that doesn't mean you MUST waste space. 

I mean you can, it's all up to you. 

why not just squeeze a 100 cuts or however much it takes to fill the space and make an actual S.O.G (not S.C.R.O.G) lol 

I mean, you could easily double your harvest. maybe even tripple. 

but hey, you do you

You clearly failed comprehend my post.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why this grow wasn't a Sea Of Green, because that seems to be what you're implying as per the bold underlined text in your post... Actually that line straight up suggests that my example is in fact a SCreen Of Green... 

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Adansonia digitata said:

You clearly failed comprehend my post.

I'm still waiting for you to tell me why this grow wasn't a Sea Of Green, because that seems to be what you're implying as per the bold underlined text in your post... Actually that line straight up suggests that my example is in fact a SCreen Of Green... 

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

lol, OK, you are wrong. 

YOU SAID THE FOLLOWING 

On 6/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, Adansonia digitata said:

S.O.G(not SCROG)

am I right? 

answer: YES

then I said 

6 hours ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

S.O.G (not S.C.R.O.G) lol 

am I right? 

answer: YES.

both refering to your grow, now tell me where is the difference???

maybe you misunderstood the word "actually" and the context I used it in. perhaps if I exchanged the word with "more impressive" or "better yielding" you would understand.

but then you say you don't understand and you conclude that I meant the opposite of what you said? even when I said the exact same thing?

I think you need to keep your emotions in check and get off your ever so slightly passive agressive condescending high horse for long enough to realise what's being said here. 

I would be emotional too if the fact where against me, but let me do us both a big favour and stop allowing this to waste my time like you waste the space in that tent. lol

On 6/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, Adansonia digitata said:

Your opinion, negative or positive is most valued. 

never seen such false words.