20 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

lol, OK, you are wrong. 

YOU SAID THE FOLLOWING 

am I right? 

answer: YES

then I said 

am I right? 

answer: YES.

both refering to your grow, now tell me where is the difference???

maybe you misunderstood the word "actually" and the context I used it in. perhaps if I exchanged the word with "more impressive" or "better yielding" you would understand.

but then you say you don't understand and you conclude that I meant the opposite of what you said? even when I said the exact same thing?

I think you need to keep your emotions in check and get off your ever so slightly passive agressive condescending high horse for long enough to realise what's being said here. 

I would be emotional too if the fact where against me, but let me do us both a big favour and stop allowing this to waste my time like you waste the space in that tent. lol

never seen such false words.

Answer the question. Was this grow a sea of green or not? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Adansonia digitata said:

Answer the question. Was this grow a sea of green or not? 

so if I put a few plants in a tent that's now a sea of green?

you didn't even use the space. you might aswell have grown that amount in a warehouse facility, would you still call it sea of green?

don't try hide behind your silly question, what's important here is....

FACT, you could've done better. 

lol

you tried your best at creating a sea of green, but you just grew a few plants in a tent.

6 minutes ago, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

so if I put a few plants in a tent that's now a sea of green?

you didn't even use the space. you might aswell have grown that amount in a warehouse facility, would you still call it sea of green?

don't try hide behind your silly question, what's important here is....

FACT, you could've done better. 

lol

you tried your best at creating a sea of green, but you just grew a few plants in a tent.

Christ, how the fuck do you live with such a revoltingly toxic ego. Eeeeew. 

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:49 PM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

lol, OK, you are wrong. 

YOU SAID THE FOLLOWING 

am I right? 

answer: YES

then I said 

am I right? 

answer: YES.

both refering to your grow, now tell me where is the difference???

maybe you misunderstood the word "actually" and the context I used it in. perhaps if I exchanged the word with "more impressive" or "better yielding" you would understand.

but then you say you don't understand and you conclude that I meant the opposite of what you said? even when I said the exact same thing?

I think you need to keep your emotions in check and get off your ever so slightly passive agressive condescending high horse for long enough to realise what's being said here. 

I would be emotional too if the fact where against me, but let me do us both a big favour and stop allowing this to waste my time like you waste the space in that tent. lol

never seen such false words.

I must say, I also fail to see your point.

You take issue with him omitting the .'s from SCROG?

Then a separate issue, you think he should have more plants in his S.O.G. ( I mean if we're going to be pedantic, the G should also have a . )

So it seems you were actually just trying to express that, in your opinion, he doesn't have the minimum number of plants required per sq m in order to qualify as a S.O.G.?

I'm not taking sides, but Psycho, you came in..at least a little hot.. to be fair.. and didn't communicate very clearly.

Let's keep the positive vibes up y'all! 🙂

Edited by MrE
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

I don't see how I came in hot, I also believe his problem was with me saying his grow is not what he claimed it was because he could've done better. point blank nothing else to it. he even asked a couple times to answer his question if I meant it was a sea of green or not, I just repeated what he said about it being a sea of green and not a screen of green, this is what his comment about the invisible screen was about. I clearly meant he could do better in filling up the space and he wasn't happy to hear that, even after claiming constructive input is welcome, but that doesn't matter and it also doesn't change the fact doesn't matter how hot I came in. 

here is why I might have been a little hard on the poor guy, 

first off gives me attitude on a thread of mine over information I have done physical experiments on and gotten my answers long time ago and he has only read up about it on a forum, then apologises "publicly"

then goes on to send a PM sharing his link and still trying to convince me of "his ways" that he read about on a forum on the internet..... if he couldn't undestand by then that I wasn't taking his information because it's not helpfull to me

then goes on to call me a cunt of all things, this guy doesn't even know me.

and now tries to correct me on another thread where information stated in my post was well worth posting as it served valuable to OP...

so yeah, thought he deserves some hard constructive criticism,

if he takes it he will benefit from it still, I really couldn't care less if he likes me or not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamDave said:

OK, so a SOG is your whole grow area filled to the sides with plants.
A SCROG is your whole grow area filled to the sides with plants but held up by a net.

I've recently done a 33 plant grow spaced close to each other in my shade house.

Is that considered a SOG?

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

I believe so. 

if you think of trellissing/scrogging, typical square grid pattern, if you have one installed in your grow but only grow the plant small and inbetween the scrog and not filling the space. you might aswell remove the square grid thing and just call it "growing a plant" 

if you have a space to grow in and you just put a couple plants in there and space them out so it looks like they meant to fill the space just call it growing a couple plants in a tent. what's so wrong with that? it's still cool hahah 

if you can fill the space with couple plants or even with his method with clones and flower right out the gate, but then atleast make it look like a "sea of green"

I don't even see why all the fuss in calling it a sea of green lol

here is why I might have been a little hard on the poor guy, 
first off gives me attitude on a thread of mine over information I have done physical experiments on and gotten my answers long time ago and he has only read up about it on a forum, then apologises "publicly"
then goes on to send a PM sharing his link and still trying to convince me of "his ways" that he read about on a forum on the internet..... if he couldn't undestand by then that I wasn't taking his information because it's not helpfull to me
then goes on to call me a cunt of all things, this guy doesn't even know me.
and now tries to correct me on another thread where information stated in my post was well worth posting as it served valuable to OP...
so yeah, thought he deserves some hard constructive criticism,
if he takes it he will benefit from it still, I really couldn't care less if he likes me or not
Dude! This is one of the reasons I joined this forum over others.
I spent close onto a year silently following. I would Google shite, cross reference shite, look for other sites to cross reference shite and then 420 search for opinions and actual experience.
If someone doesn't want advice and claims the sky is clear when it's overcast, their loss.
Look, listen, steal with your eyes and take in all info even if you don't agree, catalogue then decide on your next move, that's my approach.

Keep up the good threads man, I for one am learning tons.

• Agree 1

To give someone advice is one thing.. Raining on their parade, a whole diferent story.. Give advice in a manner that's not offending.. If you want to be a ass about it go do it on face book.. Maybe get a club for wize asses and know it alls and keep the snotty and degrading remarks for your club..  If you have issues with frustration or you are just unable to mind your manners, maybe smoke more of the dank ass shit you grow and chill the fuck out...

• Like 2

I can sort of understand how things may have gone pear shaped.
Me for example have difficulty explaining myself in writing. I come across as a blunt prick which I am some times but if you know me you would not be offended.

Most of the heated threads I've read on this forum have started from one person's understanding versus the next and hey, debate is good but people need to live and learn and move forward with positivity and knowledge.
Saying that, I have also seen members arguing come to a consensus by the end of most threads.

Keep the good vibes going all. Fuck, we need it during these tough times.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Stinger96 said:

To give someone advice is one thing.. Raining on their parade, a whole diferent story.. Give advice in a manner that's not offending.. If you want to be a ass about it go do it on face book.. Maybe get a club for wize asses and know it alls and keep the snotty and degrading remarks for your club..  If you have issues with frustration or you are just unable to mind your manners, maybe smoke more of the dank ass shit you grow and chill the fuck out...

hey uuuuuuuh, you talking to me or that guy going around calling people cunts for not taking their "advice"???

2 hours ago, DamDave said:

I can sort of understand how things may have gone pear shaped.
Me for example have difficulty explaining myself in writing. I come across as a blunt prick which I am some times but if you know me you would not be offended.

Most of the heated threads I've read on this forum have started from one person's understanding versus the next and hey, debate is good but people need to live and learn and move forward with positivity and knowledge.
Saying that, I have also seen members arguing come to a consensus by the end of most threads.

Keep the good vibes going all. Fuck, we need it during these tough times.

yeah and also know when to stop shoving information down others throats, 

good example would be when someone done more research and experimenting in the field than you, you stop trying to convince them of something you once read somewhere on the internet. 

also don't call people cunts.

It's true, I did call this person "a know it all aggressive cunt" right after he called me a "dense fuck" in an exchange we had at the end of April 2021. I've done my best to steer clear of his mushroom topic and pretty much every bit of information he gives because of that exchange. If further information pertaining to that exchange is needed we can discuss this with the greatest pleasure. I will happily play open cards, I don't feel it's necessary though as it's unrelated, and not even about cannabis. 

My information source for this grow all came from Greg Greens Cannabis grow Bible 3rd edition. The sole purpose of this was to get away from the nets plethora of conflicting views and opinions, and have a single reputed source as guidance. The Bible is very comprehensive and as a 3rd edition one would think the information is legit. After all, the author has put himself on the line by publishing hard copy content years before legalization. I understand there is a fourth edition, but it was not available in South Africa when I was looking for a book.

image.thumb.png.b20eaa801ce0bf9821d3fb69f0bc8e94.png

Page 305 discusses SOG(sea of green)

"A SOG can be any size but must maintain the same basic shape and follow certain SOG rules. In SOG grows you want to have one plant per square foot maximum, or even one plant per 0.1 square feet in a very compact set ups..." Please see below, I don't want to type the whole paragraph out. 

image.png.75bba91086c1bafecd3e72a43ca1824e.png

My grow was 1m² floor space(10.73ft²) with 16 plants which fits the above parameters outlined in the text. I am aware that more plants would have given more yield, but yield was never priority. The objective was to use a different style of grow and test my ability to propagate healthy young plants in the same fashion as a commercial grow(see my post on 22 April). I don't believe a SOG has been documented to this extent on the forum. If you can find one, please post a link. 

This person has manipulated and omitted facts of what went on in the dm's of 29th April in an attempt to take the moral high ground. He has displayed the classic narcissistic behavior traits, and then enforced the fact with his continued posting on this thread(last post, LOL!), as well as the thread about hardening off clones. I hope you are all seeing what's being hidden behind this persons mask. Incase you are not aware of what an NPD is about, here's a little google copy pasta, and a link for further reading. 

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration. Others often describe people with NPD as cocky, manipulative, selfish, patronizing, and demanding.  

Further reading 

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder.htm#:~:text=Narcissistic personality disorder involves a,selfish%2C patronizing%2C and demanding.

Thanks to those of you who followed my grow and gave input along the way. Not the ending I was hoping for, but I think there is value in what has gone down, even if its only NPD awareness.  Plants were harvested last night, Dry bud shots and the final trimmed yield will be shared when the time comes. Now I'm going to smoke a fat Slurricane bat, and run 21km in the dark. Till the next grow, peas. 

Edited by Adansonia digitata
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dried and trimmed.

• Mother plants outdoors(not weighed) were washed through bags acquired from a certain Western Cape based retail and web store(thank you they work great). Bubble hash will be pressed and the rosin this weekend and gifted to my close circle. It's my first run pressing anything so I'm sure mistakes will be made, but this is how I prefer to learn. 
  • The tent yield was weak as expected. The nugs are solid and very pretty(more gifts to those close to me). I was please to note that there is very little larf and even the lower buds are solid. 178g(LOL!) total, of which less than say 5% is larf. This works out to 11.13g per plant, and 1.35g/W. The indoor plants roots impressed me the most, almost zero days worth of vegetative light cycle from clones taken 10 days prior. They were a white mat on the sides and bottom of the bags while still being well distributed through the media.   

Final thoughts... The lessons learned will be invaluable for future attempts at this or any growing method. A 240w QB will work in this space, but I feel more light will change the game. It's only my 3rd cannabis grow, and I'm happy to have made it to the end with no pests, deficiencies or toxicity issues. Did have a little overwatering, but picked up on that real quick.

Last two pics I with no editing.  

X2

image.png.0b6aca321511b2d0bffc8ee29e67ebc9.png

X1

image.png.1d250528ba281dd9c109e29bb5387bdc.png

• Like 6