Organic pesticide to use in flower

wanna be dagga kop

brother

check this out 

I don't have any experience with it so can't say what kinda effect it will have during flower, but maybe some of the forum members will be able to shed some more light on the product. 

what I do have experience with is struggling to find anything that is at all OK to spray during flower. even plain water on your flowers can cause things to go south if you don't know what you're doing. 

hands down, best of the best results, would be a preventative mesure. I know it's too late now, but for future just keep this in mind. You buy a bottle of BioNeem, once a week you make 1 to 2L of it and spray all your plants. (IN VEG ONLY!!!) and I mean ALL your plants. 

the way this porduct works is gold, it strengthens the immune system of your plants giving it the strength to fight against diseases by itself aswell as making the plant unfavourable for insects. this porduct will not harm beneficial bugs, because beneficial bugs don't eat your plants. the Neem also provides a number of trace elements and even some secondry nutrients with each application acting as a growth stimulant aswell. 

I haven't seen pests ot any kinda mold in my garden for ages

don't know why people would go any other route. 

• Thanks 1

Pyrol should do the trick, then do a bud wash after harvest.

I would suggest more than one spray, but space the sprays out. How far into flower are you?

I used hydrogen peroxide towards the end of flower once with good success on spider mites. So that is an option too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Pyrol should do the trick, then do a bud wash after harvest.

I would suggest more than one spray, but space the sprays out. How far into flower are you?

I used hydrogen peroxide towards the end of flower once with good success on spider mites. So that is an option too.

I'll definitely do a bud wash and I'm only in week 3 of flower now so it's still a long way to go

2 hours ago, wanna be dagga kop said:

I'll definitely do a bud wash and I'm only in week 3 of flower now so it's still a long way to go

Then I would say give Pyrol a go. You should have good success with it and its still early into flower, probably only lots of pistils at the moment.

• Thanks 1

Be careful with Pyrol though. Too much and your plant will go from looking great to looking shite in a matter of days. 

What I would suggest is:

• Use half the minimum dosage they suggest
  • Spray as soon as you hit lights off
  • Perhaps unnecessary but something I do myself is just before lights off I spray with Pyrol and then just before lights on I'll spray with water to remove the excess oils from the pyrol. Pyrol can leave oil spots on your leaves which in turn generate heat spots. These heats spots then burn/scorch your leaves. I repeat this process until I'm happy that all the mites are gone.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, 420SA said:

Be careful with Pyrol though. Too much and your plant will go from looking great to looking shite in a matter of days. 

What I would suggest is:

• Use half the minimum dosage they suggest
  • Spray as soon as you hit lights off
  • Perhaps unnecessary but something I do myself is just before lights off I spray with Pyrol and then just before lights on I'll spray with water to remove the excess oils from the pyrol. Pyrol can leave oil spots on your leaves which in turn generate heat spots. These heats spots then burn/scorch your leaves. I repeat this process until I'm happy that all the mites are gone.

Good advice this. The next spray I would say you can do at a higher dose, perhaps their minimum recommended dose.

• 2 weeks later...

So the latest thing I was advised, at the local nursery, was Vegol. Its the brother to Pyrol, same company and apparently their slogan is something like spray today, eat tomorrow. I just finished a run and noticed the thrips too late. Its obviously a less potent version of an insecticide, but it did help I found, at least for late in flower. I then also did a simple water bud wash to be on the safe side.

Then as most have said, preventative (as I have now learnt) is better. So I also got Neem to spray at regular intervals.

On 3/22/2021 at 7:16 AM, Naughty.Psychonaut said:

brother

check this out 

I don't have any experience with it so can't say what kinda effect it will have during flower, but maybe some of the forum members will be able to shed some more light on the product. 

what I do have experience with is struggling to find anything that is at all OK to spray during flower. even plain water on your flowers can cause things to go south if you don't know what you're doing. 

hands down, best of the best results, would be a preventative mesure. I know it's too late now, but for future just keep this in mind. You buy a bottle of BioNeem, once a week you make 1 to 2L of it and spray all your plants. (IN VEG ONLY!!!) and I mean ALL your plants. 

the way this porduct works is gold, it strengthens the immune system of your plants giving it the strength to fight against diseases by itself aswell as making the plant unfavourable for insects. this porduct will not harm beneficial bugs, because beneficial bugs don't eat your plants. the Neem also provides a number of trace elements and even some secondry nutrients with each application acting as a growth stimulant aswell. 

I haven't seen pests ot any kinda mold in my garden for ages

don't know why people would go any other route. 

I must say, this is an interesting take for me, thanks for the solid advice. I was going to spray mine every 2 weeks, but maybe I should bump that up. Will see once the seedlings are older.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple Express
      Full Indoor & Full Hydro Grow Set-Up for sale - R13,000 each (or R 22 000)
      Got 2 x full grow setups, one indoor soil setup and one hydro setup.
      Whatsapp: +27 60 546 2660
      What's included in each set:
      1x Grow Tent 1.2m x1.2m x2m
      1x Lumii 720W LED 6 bar Grow Light
      6x 25l Grow Buckets OR 6 material grow bags
      1x Hydroponic pump with connecting pipes (For hydro setup only)
      1x HighPro Extractor Fan 
      2 x Oscillating Clipfans
      1x Digital Min Max Hygrometer
      1x Grow Net 1.2m x1.2m 
    • By Spaidan
      Hello growers
      I would love to have an opinion on this topic. Let me update you on what I have been working with. I have a one plant indoor grow inside a 80cm x 80cm grow tent. I use a 40l fabric pot with both Orgasoilux and Freedom farms soil (green bag). The bottom half I use Orgasoilux(20l) and the top half I use Freedom farms soil(20l). Throughout veg all I give the plant is Biodyne Environoc 401 (microbes), Molasses and water. This results in an extremely healthy plant.
      Once I flip to flower I start using organic bottled nutrients. In the past I have used Biobizz Bio-bloom, and more recently I have used Dirty hands inc - Bio-Phos (Jamie's brand). I give 3ml Bio-Phos once a week early flower and up it to 5ml every week mid to late flower. Plus a molasses feeding every 2 weeks and stopped using Biodyne microbes 1 week into flower.
      I was thinking about completely ditching bottled nutrients and going the topdressing route for flower. I was thinking of maybe topdressing a week before the flip with Jamie's elemental blend. I am just worried if it will provide enough for the plants through to harvest. I was also thinking of maybe using my own topdressing blend of Dry kelp, Gypsum, Malted Barley and Worm Castings. Would love an opinion on switching to topdressing for flower and if the elemental blend should be more than enough to take me to harvest. If you think I should just stick to bottled nutrients for flower let me know. I am going to include photo's of my 2 previous grows using the method I have stated above. Just trying to get the best quality flower possible :)
      Some thoughts of mine...…
      Topdressing vs Liquid Nutrients?
      Biobizz Bio-Bloom vs Dirty Hands Inc Bio-Phos?
      One topdressing enough 1 week before flip?
      Elemental Blend or my own flowering mix?
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      My Grow:
      Medium: Top Half Freedom Farms soil (20l) + bottom half Orgasoilux(20l)
      Additives and Amendments: Molasses + Biodyne Environoc 401 Microbes + Dirty Hands Inc - Bio-Phos + Mycoroot (seedling)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Seedling)
      - Solo Cup + Freedom Farms soil + Mycoroot
      -Transplant in week 2 of veg to 40l
      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Veg Stage)
      - initial inoculant 2ml Environoc Microbes
      -1ml per litre  Environoc every 2 weeks
      -5ml per litre Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Environoc 1 week into flower
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      (Flower Stage)
      -3ml Bio-Phos every week (early flower)
      -5ml Bio-Phos every week (late flower)
      -5ml Molasses every 2 weeks
      -Stop Bio-Phos 2 weeks before harvest
      -Feed molasses until harvest
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Pictures below include TH seeds - Orangesicle + Trainwreck (darker leaves) and a photo of Orangesicle during veg

• By LED Grow Light SA
      Hi everyone, 
      Here is an introduction, We are a small business, one man team bringing a number of DLC listed LED horticultural grow lights. 
      ***text removed***
      Enjoy your day and week,
      LOVE YOUR GROW.
    • By Weskush
      Howzit fellow growers.
      I just prepped my super soil and covered with a mulch layer for season.
      When i lift the mulch layer there are hundreds of tiny black winged insects that look like gnats but smaller.
      All my pots are infested with these bastards.
      Is it something that i have to worry about or do i just let them be?
      I tried Margeret Roberts organic incestide but doesn't seem to help much.
      Please advise. Thanks

• By Martin7318
      Started with a few seeds around 2 weeks ago, 4 of them. All bag seed.
      Along with a bunch of equipment, I received 3 fresh seedlings of In-House genetics "Deluxe Sugarcane".
      All 7 seedlings currently under 1 x QB-75 from GrowOpz (32cm above tallest plant), 18/6 cycle in the tent.
      Soil being used is called "420 Mix" by 3Sixty.
      Only feeding I have done was for the soil - Biodyne Environoc 1ml/L given for the first time with last watering. Pots seem to be holding water for 2/3 days at a time.

I'll post the back log of photo's here, the 3 bigger girls in the middle are the Deluxe seeds, the other 4 are mystery seeds.

Please comment, good, bad, happy, sad, all welcome. I'm a fast learner and eager to learn, I look forward to it!

(Picture taken Yesterday 10/08)