Psy's auto grow

PsyCLown

Soo as some of you may have seen, I have decided to try out some autos again.

I grew some back in 2019, decided to try them out again and some better genetics this time around (hopefully).

This is what I will be growing, so far just one of each.

IMG_20210122_163329.jpg.7461758351f0f2c3d01cf39a297d4bd1.jpg

I soaked them on Saturday I think, then they went into paper towel and last night they all had tails so I quickly finished buffering and getting the coco prepared and into 20L fabric pots they go!
I was contemplating starting in 23cm pots, then moving to 20L pots but decided against it as I do not want to disturb them with a transplant as they are auto flowers.

I put some myco and trich powder into the coco when putting the seeds down, this morning there was a little more growth and I am hoping for some leaves by the end of tomorrow.

Here they are in their pots last night. I am thinking I will pop another 2 seeds in a week or two and increase it to 6 autos, might even go for  autos. See how space is.

IMG_20210125_212628.jpg.4ace08aa1edc4f636118ad077e9a8cbc.jpg

IMG_20210125_212633.jpg.c2795ecbc394d998d6ac07b056c0f91d.jpg

I am also contemplating whether I just let them becomes christmas trees and do no training on these autos or whether I do some LST - what do you guys think?

LST or no training?

• Like 9

Looking forward to seeing the updates here, coincides nicely with my own auto grow :-trip

With LST what i'm thinking of doing with mine is LST half of them and leave the others untouched to compare them at the end, you could try something like that if it sounds good. From what i've read LST works better with some strains and not so much with others, but there's a lot of conflicting information and very little strain specific information so i don't know for certain, another thing i've read is where they use LST only ONCE, pulling down the main stem and leaving it at that, which is what i'm thinking of doing.

2 hours ago, AquaS said:

Looking forward to seeing the updates here, coincides nicely with my own auto grow :-trip

With LST what i'm thinking of doing with mine is LST half of them and leave the others untouched to compare them at the end, you could try something like that if it sounds good. From what i've read LST works better with some strains and not so much with others, but there's a lot of conflicting information and very little strain specific information so i don't know for certain, another thing i've read is where they use LST only ONCE, pulling down the main stem and leaving it at that, which is what i'm thinking of doing.

My experience was that the lst work is never over. It's a daily affair because the plants move quickly

5 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

So keep the canopy even, try get multiple colas of the same size as opposed to a single larger one when not doing any training?

Yep, just bind to the light. Point in the right direction. Keep em happy, they will make you happy 😎

• Like 1

My vote goes for LST also. I think you can get a lot more out that way. Attached is my Critical Auto from Victory Seeds I just harvested 🙂  250gs wet on the scale, so will see when dry. Been struggling with this kak humidity, so I ended up wet trimming a lot of her (after these pics)...not my usual MO.

Good luck with the grow, will be interesting to watch. I do like the idea of comparing xmas tree to LST on the same strain, but I guess it can be strain specific as to what each likes.

IMG_2255.jpeg

IMG_2384.jpeg

IMG_2378.jpeg

IMG_2260.jpeg

IMG_2259.jpeg

IMG_2257.jpeg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Keen to see how they all turn out and compare and then compare against the photoperiods I have going.

I popped 2 more seeds on Saturday evening, waiting for a tail to show before I pot them:

1x Mephisto / Nightowl Creme De La Soul  x Zamaldelica 

1x Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise

Need to probably start some training on these autos a well, will see how much time I have tonight.

• Like 1