Proms Little Tent

Prom

On 12/16/2022 at 10:00 AM, Prom said:

Eskom really did this crap at the wrong time in regards to the growth stage and weather.. but at least the sun cycle played along. I simply emptied the Veg tent to the outside and shut it down for now. Might be over, stage 4 isn't a big stress.. for now they can Veg outside. 4 hours no power is a PM monster.. should have seen my eyes when it was raining and i checked on the tent... 98% humidity 😖 next you saw a moron trying to vent his tent by hand 😂 should have made a youtube video.. 

I think i just go for a solar system to backup the ventilation.. light is strangely cheaper to bridge, car battery and LED already sort that to not run into trouble, just not strong enough to keep things growing but at least nothing starts to flower unexpected. 

And went from Stage 3 to Stage 6 ^^ nothing is over 😭

Bruh, was talking to a mate and we were going to setup a grow at his place but without genuinely investing in an inverter battery system the whole effort would be a waste 🥲 already took me so long to fully backup my own setup, even like you say if at least just the ventilation. Those humidity spikes are the real PM magnet. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Bruh, was talking to a mate and we were going to setup a grow at his place but without genuinely investing in an inverter battery system the whole effort would be a waste 🥲 already took me so long to fully backup my own setup, even like you say if at least just the ventilation. Those humidity spikes are the real PM magnet. 

I don't like half baked fixes ^^ friend was over on the weekend. The issue is that if I would build a solar system for the grow setup, it would be way to big just for the house. I run about 500w ventilation. 4 hours blocks of load shedding would draw 2kwh but you need some more capacity to not cycle all batteries every time, that kills the batteries way to fast. So he ran into a power box for 30k he suggested. What I hate is that you have to re-cable and plug in by hand. Why not go for a 5kwh system fix installed with hybrid inverter for 50k? I have to check with the house owner.. but I would prefer to install all to the main house grid. Solar stuff gets cheaper and cheaper.. hope they legalize soon.. wanna sell some weed to finance the setup. Pay with greens to get green energy 😂

• Like 2

Agreed, don't do halfbaked. Yes, it will cost a bit in the short term but you'll have peace of mind in the long term. And a decent system will pay for itself in the long run without breaking down. Whats that saying...pennywise, pound foolish. Goedkoop koop is duur koop, same in afrikaans.

• Like 3

Will take em down this afternoon just before the light goes on at 1600. Had such a smooth ride till Eskom went nutzzzz. 

Time frame for the tray i harvest.

6 weeks from cut of the clone from the mother till flip on the 30th October.

8 weeks flower till today (10 weeks would have ended 9th Jan, my grow calendar helps me to keep track) ^^ Would have preferred to add 2 more weeks but the stress from the Eskom switcherooos pushed em into fade a bit early. PM also giving me a run.. enough hassle.. I get me 2 weeks of Xmas vacations starting today.. after the harvest. 😂

1000420934_DSC_1906(2).thumb.JPG.b906f95a7baaac16d26b3508c2dc1a20.JPG

• Like 4

Drying.. and in a tent without a carbon filter. You can't smell a thing 😉 really... NADA! 😎

DSC_1908.thumb.JPG.36b4aeae3069c4a31c6e1acfb413f8f8.JPG

I vent one TD500 into the bottom of this tent, so there is a good air flow. The smell killer is a Ozon generator consuming 23 watts. Very effective 😜 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

First harvested plant of 2023 

Gelato from 42FastBuds (seed grown)

1859343856_FastBudsGelato.thumb.jpg.ccf4c137334707a2ace2167213349d2c.jpg

Reused Freedom Farm Premium Classic (Green Bag), Biobizz - Fish-Mix & Bloom, Grow Guru - Amino Acids, Kushy - Kelp Extract and Captain Black Straps Molasses ( a lot ^^) 

Got twice Humic and Fulvic Acids, Epic 5:2.

BRIX tests were Veg 17% and Flower 19%

• Like 2
  • Fire! 2

Power gone again... time to play with plants 😉

Need to stock up my stash, so took down 2 clones too, JetFuel, same feeding like the Gelato. Tablet picture... 

20230204_112018.thumb.jpg.0240d7b708180d00849edba3b54dd6a8.jpg

Proper camera ^^

JetFuel.thumb.jpg.69d02a99d084e0af62e58728552d422c.jpg

Edited by Prom
english difficult ;) and second pic
  • Fire! 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couldn't resist.. but you kinda have to understand. 26-30% THC and 45 days to flower... 😁 the 26% are a bit high as a goal.. but 45 days to finish flower.. I wanna see with my own eyes. 

Got 10 Hella Jelly seeds from the Humboldt dudes (packed March 2022, nice they write that on), 8 popped..

2100366192_HellaJelly3thMarch.thumb.jpg.1b760768173dba41ccf135b3c0778f48.jpg

https://humboldtseedcompany.com/hellajelly/

Edited by Prom
added link
  • Like 2
  • Fire! 3

Mamma mia... those are hectic numbers. Grew a few Seedsman Lemoncello's, also with claimed high thc percentages.

Had 1x pheno (and I didn't take clones) that eventually came in at 22%. We are regular users but nothing over the top, I had half of one joint and I needed to lie down....wanted to fall over, I had zero balance. Gooffed off my head. 

26-30% would be something else.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 12:30 PM, Prom said:

Couldn't resist.. but you kinda have to understand. 26-30% THC and 45 days to flower... 😁 the 26% are a bit high as a goal.. but 45 days to finish flower.. I wanna see with my own eyes. 

Got 10 Hella Jelly seeds from the Humboldt dudes (packed March 2022, nice they write that on), 8 popped..

2100366192_HellaJelly3thMarch.thumb.jpg.1b760768173dba41ccf135b3c0778f48.jpg

https://humboldtseedcompany.com/hellajelly/

In case you haven't seen it

• Like 2

On 3/4/2023 at 7:52 PM, Bos said:

Mamma mia... those are hectic numbers. Grew a few Seedsman Lemoncello's, also with claimed high thc percentages.

Had 1x pheno (and I didn't take clones) that eventually came in at 22%. We are regular users but nothing over the top, I had half of one joint and I needed to lie down....wanted to fall over, I had zero balance. Gooffed off my head. 

26-30% would be something else.

Send some of the weed to Qure and you should take the THC crown for SA with 22%.. last time i had a chat with both testing parties, 20.x% was the record holder.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Prom said:

Send some of the weed to Qure and you should take the THC crown for SA with 22%.. last time i had a chat with both testing parties, 20.x% was the record holder.

Uhh there was a jump ^^ just had Ilse from Qure, and the top Feb test for flower was 28.7% on THC.. so some serious stuff ^^

Edited by Prom
^^ wrote Qure wrong
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Fire! 1

5 minutes ago, Prom said:

And the HJ after 2 weeks since dropped into a glass. They got the first feeding yesterday.. 2ml Fish-Mix/Liter, good amount molasses, Amino Acids and Kelp extract.

319441098_HellaJelly11thMarch.thumb.jpg.02e3604b9936de0c139b57f9b09906f0.jpg

Looking good. Will you be topping them or going au natural?

• Like 2