First Proper Grow Attempt - Outdoors

StonerZN

Also... my local source of Plant matter bags has sold me 5l bags instead of 10ls.
Been in to complain once and left thinking I was wrong. Am double sure this time and going back today again. Wish me luck. What a cock up though. 10l was already on the small side. Having them in 5s instead is almost a waste of time perhaps?

Half bag of 30l FF soil left after filling 3 x "10l" pots.
Also pots inside 15l bucket. 2l coke for comparison...

576513c078fe1d8d43fa33077bfd133d.jpg
b222e39640548c3d5178d55a1b7b9833.jpg
603190f7164513f663d2b31b2b7cb417.jpg
e1c37b1c012ad435fda530e2ae1bef7f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

End of week 3 for my auto Sour Diesel and WW3.

Lots has happened but life has been a little crazy to update much at the moment..
Resolved my bag troubles (sorta) and decided to do the unthinkable and repot both of these autos.
Before
d47633205439b84ce8e517f602989e2e.jpg
c1ef30f1b4406180bf9d6405bbd99e00.jpg

After
0f8e3f3163ef8076e4ec1a2fe6fbe719.jpg
1a5f4161b86add89c34195ee6d6af82e.jpg

They didnt seem stressed at all. Got them at just the point their roots were beginning to reach the bottom of the old 5l pots they were in.

On that note...
Store agreed I got the wrong bags... definitely 5l and not 10s.
Generously offered to replace the 10s free of charge which was the nicest and best outcome I could have hoped for.
The problem is... I think this time they gave me 22s instead of 10s. Wtf I guess that settled that for me... 22s it is!

18f655dfbf22d8b39b95fed2432fba28.jpg
Pictured above is the newest addition to my grow journal... *Fast Buds Green Crack CBD*. Potted in a 15l bag from GroHydro. She is end week 1 now.

The "10l" replacement bags dwarf the 15l grohydro bag. They also took ALL the soil I had left to fill... so the *WW3* is now in a half FF premium/ half St Clements Nursery special. Even the *SD* has a bit or st Clements on top.

Also... biobizz is expensive AF. So have only commenced belatedly (week 2) with root juice. And week 3 with Fishmix. Still have a little of my bioheaven sample so using that as well.

Sprayed a few times with neem oil and planted some sacrificial nasturtiums and marigolds to distract the bugs. Seems to be working. Sacrificials getting swamped by the wildlife around these parts.

Can I stop for a minute to mention the bugs. Holy Moly the bugs. Lucky none have made it onto the main grow but the pilot grow has been chewed up a bit. Seen some weird critters though.
Hows this guy. Well... what was left of this guy after I stabbed him with a long stick from faaarrr away. Only half joking. 1a98f5b17ebadd6c07b831e024832af1.jpg
Also these okes on my nasturtiums
8897c5da83a197ff008310beb94a7f69.jpg
These okes are getting pyrol'd asap.

Something seems to chow a lot of my flowers often before they can open. When I investigate I find tonnes of lady bird looking critters but not much else. Sprayed all flowers and my tomatoes and strawberries with neem lol. Next week pyrol if it keeps happening.

Anyways...
They both responded incredibly well to the transplant.
Perhaps aided by the velcro sides, they showed no signs of strain at all.
So I started LSTing them sommer there and then. You only live once right.

14c85eb611f3814f9f1db57e70d8f8a8.jpg
9089812636182beb171e661b34d0d829.jpg

I'm not really happy with how I did it this time.
Was hoping for more of what I got training my pilot grow...

Will work on it.

Think that is the highlights reel for you all.
Happy holidays yo. Updates will be infrequent till 2021 I am sure.
Peace Growmies. 75422ae47d436265a109db66df01a37f.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry. I have been quite slack with the updates here as well.
Plants are all going like boeings. Some really nice heads forming up. I am really impressed and quite surprised how nice these look for a first timer.

We are in week 10 now I believe.

FastBuds Sour Diesel:

d74f24fe56613bd550eb2f30468bd335.jpg
8dfcc331e98a87fa18747200853dfaec.jpg
4ab14220d15d48a0911aa8517a968fc7.jpg

President seeds WW3:
0eb68b02efcb04ca6ddf2f3ba12cf3ac.jpg
56cb57e087132b5f766b18cf98f076a6.jpg
2f4d0aa7129851ffb11c3d25da2be8e8.jpg

Not sure how much longer. Funny they seem to be around the same stage even though they are supposed to be quite different flowering times.

Got a loupe for my birthday, gonna start playing with that in the next few days and see what I see.

Finally the FastBuds Green Crack CBD jumping into flower quick as hell:
9973bafb835418dffb6a38e6379061c4.jpg

So that's what's happening on the ganga front in my garden at the moment.
Welcome any tips tricks observations or comments as always.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Direct sun all day outside where they are. Been pretty rainy and misty in Hillcrest lately though. I try move them under cover when it rains but cant completely protect them without bringing them inside which is problematic obviously... stinky AF these girls

Thinking about it. I think my problems may have arisen on the evenings it has rained heavily and I have brought them inside... I should have put a fan on them to help dry them off faster but dont actually have one off to Game I go

Have lost 2 buds on the Sour Diesel and 1 on the World war 3 to rot it seems. Hope that's all of it.

• Like 1

Chopped them over the weekend. Rot was spreading.
Ended up losing the main cola of the Ww3 and the Sour Diesel. I think so far around 15-20% of the buds have been thrown away.
Cutting them was a rather sombre rather than happy affair as I found more and more soft brown patches in between the bud.
For a while I actually contemplated throwing in the proverbial towel and sticking to outsourcing my smoke
They in the garage drying with a small fan moving nearby. Hoping to salvage some thing yet.

I got 2 seeds out of the Diesel... what are the chances of these being autoflowering? soaked them and planted one yesterday.

19c5d6da8288db5565dad04297578f41.jpg00c9318ce35dd213638b7c1a071ae078.jpg66847b8149eeaed6fd39de0401522105.jpg5242923bd5d43a979a02ceb751f141f0.jpg

• Like 2

Hey, that's your first grow, right? I am sure you'll get some good smoke from that harvest.

And you learned how to meet precautions against bud rott and avoid it during your next grows.

I grow outdoors and let me tell you there are so many lessons to be learned and some of them can hurt a lot.

As for the seeds you found being autoflowers... It depends on where the pollen comes from. If you neighbour grew a male photoperiod plant and your plant has been pollinated by that one, it's difficult to say what genetic traits will be expressed. I found a seed in one of my autos last year a grew it out for fun as I wondered about the same thing. It turned out to be automatic, but it also turned out to be male. Just give it a try.

• Like 2

Appreciate the feedback and kind words!
May move the seedling into the ground then and see what happens... fabric bags are prime real estate around here
When payday arrives will reload on Freedom Farms soil and drop the next batch of autos.
Will hope for a less rainy next 3 months!
Got some lovely Fastbuds from black Friday to pop

• Like 1

Good call bud.. I had the same last season with a real lucky strike with a great Swazi Pheno on Bag seed I've had for more than 10 years.. Picked the wrong spot and she did not get enough sun... Could kick myself... Will not plant straight into soil if I'm not certain she'll get full sun all day..

But I also harvested early and had a good amount of some real surprisingly good buds.. You saved a good amount and that will keep you bussy at least for a while..😁

Enjoy.. looking forward to the next one..

:-peace

• Like 2

On 2/2/2021 at 10:15 AM, Bakstein420 said:

I also noticed alot of caterpillars and moths lately, they could also be the culprit.

Picked some catepillars off one of my other plants yesterday little buggers. The moths have been spinning cocoons in my chilli seedlings the swines.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

So after 2 weeks and a day hanging in the garage... I chopped the plants and trimmed off most of the remaining leaves.
FASTBUDS Sour Diesel yielded 14g dry
President seeds WW3 gave me 19g dry.
Had another 5g mixed from both plants separated for fear of rotting that seemed to be ok.

Roughly 38g off both plants... not as much as I'd hoped, but considering the rot issues I cant complain too much!

Forgot closeups of the Diesel. Here are some of the WW3.
Sorry for the shitty quality... tapatalk reduces them unless you pay and it's a toil getting pics onto my PC from phone. 04286933accf839a10e6bd6c4886a5f4.jpg
b86c995270c2f77f91ea2b9358965965.jpg

Think this one was the Diesel actually. Will get better pics next time I check on them from their Terploc bags.
8320c630339f4e2ffda0731a1598ebe4.jpg

• Like 3