Parliament invites public comment

Totemic

Made my say 🤓 remove the limits to the amount of plants and cannabis allowed on one's property. Limits should only be for public spaces. There are no limits to the amount of alcohol or amount of bottles of alcohol one may have at home, or even a limit to how much moonshine one may produce, yet the commercial alcohol industry thrives without competition from the public, think 'craft beers'. 

They know that the cannabis market is solely in the black market at the moment so this bill is to prevent this thriving market from being a competition to the forthcoming legal cannabis industry.  

• Agree 3

2 hours ago, Totemic said:

Here is the actual link for direct comment

https://pmg.org.za/call-for-comment/968/

Comments can be sent to Mr V Ramaano at cannabisbill@parliament.gov.za by no later than  16:00 on 30 September 2020.

Thanks, have sent an email to that email address as well basically stating the same.

Although it bounced back. WTF.

Bounced.thumb.PNG.1e519db353c5b4bf5ce5f7e0d5523284.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

I see it has been extended to 9 October and I believe it HAS to be sent to cannabisbill@parliament.gov.za only.

So anyone who has sent an email to vramaano@parliament.gov.za  will need to resend it to cannabisbill@parliament.gov.za

No more bounce back from the cannabisbill email address.

• Thanks 1

Committee chairperson Bulelani Magwanishe says cannabis farmers from the Eastern Cape requested a six-month extension for comment, but the committee was not prepared to entertain this. The committee will, however, only be able to start work on the Bill next year, as it must first process legislation aimed at strengthening the fight against gender-based violence.Committee chairperson Bulelani Magwanishe says cannabis farmers from the Eastern Cape requested a six-month extension for comment, but the committee was not prepared to entertain this. The committee will, however, only be able to start work on the Bill next year, as it must first process legislation aimed at strengthening the fight against gender-based violence.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/10/09/cannabis-bill-deadline-for-comment-extended/amp

Seems like we are going to be in limbo for the foreseeable future.

Grow as much as you want while you still can 😛

• Agree 2

@ORGANinc.Cops are still busting though, saw a link in the clone group yesterday morning about a raid in cpt - think it was 200 lil 10g bags and some cash, allegedly a 'foreign national' growop - judging by pic they clearly were dealing but it goes to show that all it takes is pissing off the neighbours for kak to hit the fan 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Psylecta said:

@ORGANinc.Cops are still busting though, saw a link in the clone group yesterday morning about a raid in cpt - think it was 200 lil 10g bags and some cash, allegedly a 'foreign national' growop - judging by pic they clearly were dealing but it goes to show that all it takes is pissing off the neighbours for kak to hit the fan 

99% of busts are tip-offs. Also, can't get busted if you don't do illegal things. 

In the context of the thread, I can't say for certain I have seen or heard anyone being arrested or busted for growing purely recreationally. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

99% of busts are tip-offs. Also, can't get busted if you don't do illegal things. 

In the context of the thread, I can't say for certain I have seen or heard anyone being arrested or busted for growing purely recreationally. 

I completely agree 185% lmao, if anyone gets busted for growing recreationally that's called getting screwed over not being caught...moral of the story be extra nice to the wife & neighbours 😂

Enforcement is a major issue though I though the whole point of decriminalization was to avoid us being subjected to having our personal rights violated with unjustified criminal records & alleviate the enormous burden on tax & prison systems - from what I understand being over your plant limit regardless of total weight will constitute trafficing & earn a 15 year sentence!?? Wtf?! Why can't we have a bill that isn't shrouded in ambiguity & flawed to hell & back --- #doitrightfirsttime.ffs

Spoke to my cousin in Toronto this week regarding this, there everyone is allowed 4 plants no license, if you want/need more plants for whatever reason you apply & pay for a grow license....simple & effective, no kak n hare  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Psylecta said:

I completely agree 185% lmao, if anyone gets busted for growing recreationally that's called getting screwed over not being caught...moral of the story be extra nice to the wife & neighbours 😂

Enforcement is a major issue though I though the whole point of decriminalization was to avoid us being subjected to having our personal rights violated with unjustified criminal records & alleviate the enormous burden on tax & prison systems - from what I understand being over your plant limit regardless of total weight will constitute trafficing & earn a 15 year sentence!?? Wtf?! Why can't we have a bill that isn't shrouded in ambiguity & flawed to hell & back --- #doitrightfirsttime.ffs

Spoke to my cousin in Toronto this week regarding this, there everyone is allowed 4 plants no license, if you want/need more plants for whatever reason you apply & pay for a grow license....simple & effective, no kak n hare  

I agree. There shouldn't be any jailtime at all. If you break the rules then maybe a fine or something light, just as long as you are not dealing. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

On 9/9/2020 at 9:46 AM, Totemic said:

Time to make yourself heard on the proposed bill guys.

https://dearsouthafrica.co.za/cannabis/

Actual link to comment to parliament below

https://pmg.org.za/call-for-comment/968/

The best is to send your comments to Dear South Africa. They explain that they keep a legal record and present it to the Ministry or whoever. The mailboxes at Parliament mostly don't work.