Iron Lady leaves look a bit weird

Niyaaz

Hey guys I have started growing Iron Lady could anyone tell me if the attached is normal , it’s just over 3 weeks of growth. It’s autoflower, I’m growing her indoor , under a 1000w led light, current distance from light is 70cm. I do have extractor in the cupboard. Haven’t put my fan on it yet.

7EED23DC-6063-4C3B-99F9-62F64C6932D7.jpeg

• Like 1

Eish.

Soil, I think there are more soil queries and problems on this forum than anything else, yet people continue to grow in soil. lol

There are soo many variables and unknowns, it makes it difficult.

If that is 3 weeks for an auto, you're going to have a very small plant and yield won't be great. I have never used soil from Zootly back when I was using soil.

What sort of PH is your run off? What is the PPM / EC from your run off? Have you used any nutes or just plain tap water?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

@PsyCLown Im not sure what soil ph is, i was just told by zootly to mix the ingredients together as per their pamphlet and i would be good to go lol. but i will get ph meter to check reading, i have only been feeding it tap water ever since , no extra nutrients. Last night i turned on the extractor so its gonna run now 24/7, today gonna put the fan on also for better airflow. @Totemic Thanks, it is my first grow so i gues in my mind im not expecting perfect grow, i am expecting to harvest something at the end of cycle lol.

36 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Whoooo I'm too n00b with soil mixes, gonna have to bring in the soil boys. @CreX @ORGANinc. @Totemic @PsyCLown any thoughts on this one? 

I too am a noob, but from what I understand with soil amendments, its easy to screw it up and there is no recovering from bad batches, unless you dilute and start over

Looks like a hot soil issue. If you mix a bunch of stuff together like that it should ''cook'' for 2 to 3 months before you plant in it. It's a clever idea marketing wise etc...they just forgot/ or didnt know to tell their clients about how long it takes to prep the soil. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Niyaaz said:

ok cool yeah im sure these marketing campaigns always leave out the little details until someone experiences issues. How would you suggest i cool the soil down?

You would need to dilute that soil with another soil that is less harsh.

I would recommend starting over with some freedomfarms or organic matters soil.

As mentioned above, that auto will not yield well as her growth has been stunted.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bakstein420 said:

You would need to dilute that soil with another soil that is less harsh.

I would recommend starting over with some freedomfarms or organic matters soil.

As mentioned above, that auto will not yield well as her growth has been stunted.

7 minutes ago, Niyaaz said:

Ah ok such shame oh well I guess you learn all the time.thanks everyone for all the quick input . Much appreciated 

Assuming you will be doing the same strain. I'm not sure how to tell in advance if a strain is hardy or can take hot soil unless it's a popular strain with many grow diaries. 

I suppose if it weren't an auto flower you could pump through it but alas. Got my first autos recently so I'm learning from everyone's issues as much as possible 😂

I know my one Dinafem - Deep Sweet Grapefruit would have loved some hot soil cause I could never get it to show stress at all from nute strength. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

Assuming you will be doing the same strain. I'm not sure how to tell in advance if a strain is hardy or can take hot soil unless it's a popular strain with many grow diaries. 

I suppose if it weren't an auto flower you could pump through it but alas. Got my first autos recently so I'm learning from everyone's issues as much as possible 😂

I know my one Dinafem - Deep Sweet Grapefruit would have loved some hot soil cause I could never get it to show stress at all from nute strength. 

Even with a pack of 3 or 10 seeds, it's still a lucky packet in terms of phenotypes. So some of those seeds could be fine with more nutes than the other seeds.

Autos require everything to be on point, if you stunt an auto it will affect your yield. Not really beginner friendly.

• Agree 2

I'm also quite keen to try Fastbuds actually. Been looking for some better auto genetics, and every seems to speak highly of Fastbuds.

Re the OP and topic, just put it down to learning, I had issues with my first (last minute) outdoor attempts. My next grow has already gone a bit better 🙂