Differences between various vapes

PsyCLown

On 7/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, PsyCLown said:

It is conduction, but makes me wonder why we only see these 10 year warranties on conduction vapes and not on any convection vapes?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Good question actually, got some homework to do as I'd only be speculating at this point.

Key for me is warranty and battery replacement.

Have used a Mighty long long time ago, but the cost for the plastic feel, wasn't doing much for me and battery wasn't that great.

Does anyone have an opinion on the Utillian 421? I'm seeing very good reviews and the price is hard to beat. (I think its that or a Arizer Solo 2 for me at this point)

Edit: The Arizer V-Tower look really good for a desktop vape, perhaps that is worth considering instead. So many options...

Edited by highchome

9 minutes ago, highchome said:

Does anyone have an opinion on the Utillian 421? I'm seeing very good reviews and the price is hard to beat. (I think its that or a Arizer Solo 2 for me at this point)

Yes, the VS has them 1800

They not bad looking

Added, 

Anyone seen this Vape...

Screenshot_20200802-124044_Chrome.jpg

Edited by StickyD420
Added picture

I went with the Arizer Solo 2. Thanks for the thread @PsyCLown

I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today, vapestore.co.za is awesome. It looks like a fantastic vape, very solid and well made. Remarkably fast to heat up too, I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure I'll still use the dynavap occasionally and I'd still recommend that as one of the best, (most compact & portable) and cheapest options. The Solo 2 is great for ease of use though and being able to set the desired temperature is a huge benefit. I'm very happy with this purchase.

• Like 1

I went with the Arizer Solo 2. Thanks for the thread @PsyCLown
I ordered it yesterday and it arrived today, vapestore.co.za is awesome. It looks like a fantastic vape, very solid and well made. Remarkably fast to heat up too, I'm impressed. I'm pretty sure I'll still use the dynavap occasionally and I'd still recommend that as one of the best, (most compact & portable) and cheapest options. The Solo 2 is great for ease of use though and being able to set the desired temperature is a huge benefit. I'm very happy with this purchase.
I rate once you get use to the battery vape you'll stop using your Dynavap... Because of ease and convenience mixed with some laziness.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, PsyCLown said:

I rate once you get use to the battery vape you'll stop using your Dynavap... Because of ease and convenience mixed with some laziness.

Two days in, can confirm! 😛 

The Dynavap is still great value for money & very portable, but its going to be the arizer by default from now on for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 9 months later...
On 7/31/2020 at 12:37 PM, PsyCLown said:

Do us all a favour just buy one so we can get your opinion on it emoji14.png haha

10 year warranty too, same as the pax 3.
I don't think any convection vape offers a similar warranty?

Oops 🙈

20210511_092713-01.thumb.jpeg.95a975cda4a046542454d3948dea7693.jpeg

Opinion to follow in due time.

@CreXI also want to hear how you are finding the IQ and your experience please?

Pictures of the unit and how it looks after a few runs on it over time?

Edited by The_StonedTrooper

14 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Oops 🙈

20210511_092713-01.thumb.jpeg.95a975cda4a046542454d3948dea7693.jpeg

Opinion to follow in due time.

@CreXI also want to hear how you are finding the IQ and your experience please?

Pictures of the unit and how it looks after a few runs on it over time?

Very keen to get your feedback, was considering one of these for myself but will probably give it a miss.

Although still curious to get your opinion and feedback on it. Have you tried some other vapes to compare it against?

• Like 1

Well, to be fair, not that many, or enough variety to give an apple for apple comparison. I used a Mighty, G-pen the fancy one, 2 of them, the Dynavap x3, 2018, 2019, 2020. And the Volcano once.

What I can guarantee you is this, an honest opinion, as I dont take money or discount for reviews, and will always speak my mind as I see it, and wasnt asked to do a review, all products I stand behind, are done so out of my own will, and not because they gave me good service, or product, but because I know you'll get the same as me, when going that route. 

• Like 2

Out of all the vapes, the Mighty was best, but the battery was lacking in stamina already and that was a huge down point for me, and the fact the plastic piece in your mouth isn't the nicest feeling for the price premium and get a slight plastic taste. 

I will tell you one most important thing in all this, and that is, do I feel like I have wasted money, or got a fair deal. 

So far, no vape has made me feel like I spent my money wisely. 

On 8/5/2020 at 9:56 AM, highchome said:

Two days in, can confirm! 😛 

The Dynavap is still great value for money & very portable, but its going to be the arizer by default from now on for me.

I too have an arizer solo, just the first model. I got it when I started enjoying weed again more than 5 years ago and I still use it daily.

I planned on upgrading to the mighty, but after reading @The_StonedTrooper's review regarding the battery life I will think twice about it. After all it is quite a pricey gadget and for that price it needs to be perfect. 

• Like 2

Yes, I cant pay for vape, at this cost, and not be able to replace a battery. 

The only thing that I've had issues with on a vape, is the battery, and if you cant swop it out yourself, and have to send it in, at a huge cost, then forget about it.

The IQ2 you can have 10 batteries, and swop out on the go, and charge them faster outside the unit, while using the unit...

Who wouldn't want that?

First impressions, holly Sh...

What a machine, the weight gives a extremely good quality feel, and the size is so much smaller than expected. 

Ran 3 times last night, 2x this morning, and then was just under half battery, not bad. The vape amount and quality are exceptional.

The app, wow, the app is just so cool. Open the app, hit your desired effect or path, and boom, the app turns the vape on, warms it up and shows you in real time, as well the app logs the run and THC and CBD used. Open the app now to see a function, update, so I run this... the app undated my vape through bluetooth, no need for cables.

When did you hear of a vape being updated?

Cleans in a flash too and looks brand new still just with a wipe of tissue after each use.

So far, I have spent my money well and have not a single regret. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@The_StonedTrooper So how do you find the IQ2 now that you have spent a bit more time with it?

Also which version is your IQ2 on (firmware)? Have you tried to use any concentrates with it?

What is your favorite way of using the IQ2? Precision mode or smart paths?

I have been fortunate to have been able to experience a cheap chinese vape & Arizer ArGo (Thanks to @Ill_Evan for lending me his vape) which are both convection (heating by hot air). Then the  Davinci IQ (Thanks to @CreX for lending it to me) & Davinci IQ2 which are both conduction (heating by physical touch). I have tried a Pax 3 before but it was a long time ago and only used it once or twice and never really got to play with it and the different modes much.

I have also used a Vapor Genie for an extended period of time, still have it but no longer use it as it is not convenient to use unfortunately. It is manual, need to use a lighter to get heat.

The chinese vape I used for years as I just wanted an electronic vape at the time and couldn't justify a couple thousand for a more premium vape. It cost me around R700 with shipping I think... Honestly, it works pretty well for what it was and the price. 5 preset temps which you can select, can do herb and concentrates. The biggest downfall is the fact that the battery is not replaceable. I could probably open it and replace it, but may need to solder it and it's not simple to replace like on the above vapes.

However for the price, cannot go wrong with it if you are on a budget. It lacks some refinement in the sense that the sessions were only 5 minutes each roughly, I feel this is too short of a session on a vape so I use to run 2x sessions. It use to take a bit of time to heat up, but once its going it is great. 30 to 45 seconds to heat up. It would not notify you when it is at temp, just the LED would change. I often forgot that the vape was heating up and ended up missing a session or starting my session late. Vape quality was good though. The design could have been improved ever so slightly to make using it a bit easier / more comfortable but we're now getting into the smaller things though.

For interest sake, this is the chinese vape I am referring to, The Black Widow portable vape: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Widow-Portable-Concentrate-Vaporizer/dp/B06WRVTNY8

After my experiences, I must admit that the difference in vapor quality between all 4 of these vapes was little to none. There is a bigger difference in vapor quality when the device is dirty, than comparing all 4 vapes to each other when they're all clean. If I was blind folded and there was a way for me to take a hit from each vape without being able to tell which vape it was (different mouth pieces), I would struggle to say which vape or which type of vape I am using. Airflow may be the biggest giveaway though.

With that being said, I feel these premium improve the overall experience and it's the smaller things which stand out for me. The ease of emptying or refilling the vape, cleaning the vape, the way the vape feels in your hand, changing out the batteries, the functionality the vape offers (how precise can you be with the temp settings, the smart paths which the Davinci IQ and IQ2 offer etc.), the accessories the vapes come with and offer (connecting it to a bong) and something as simple as the vape beeping or vibrating when it has reached temp or when the session has come to an end.

Out of these vapes, if one is on a budget and wants an electronic vape which is portable, without a doubt go and try buy a Black Widow. You will not be missing out on much in terms of having an electronic vape.

My favorite vapes are the ArGo and the IQ2 though. They both have pros and cons when compared to one another, but once again it is small things and it may not bother everyone. I am being nit picky here.

The IQ 1 is a great vape, however it lacks the refinement of the IQ2. Small things though.

I do feel the IQ2 comes out tops overall due to the extra features and functionality, while some may be a bit gimmicky or something you do not use often, it has it there for if you want to use it or play around with it. The IQ2 is not without its faults though and I feel there are some improvements which could be made, the "screen" made up of LEDs isn't as nice as the screen on the ArGo as not as much info can be displayed at once and it can be difficult to look at as an example.

EDIT: It seems the Black Widow is conduction and not convection.

Edited by PsyCLown
Added info
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I've had the Cloudious Atomic 9 now for a year and must say that this vape is a budget vape destroyer. Just over R1000. Battery life is fair. Flavour is ok. Cleaning and maintenance is super easy. Does it get me goofed? Hell yes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, difference between a budget vape and more expensive, premium vape is minor things.

The guys spending around R1k on a vape are not missing out on much compared to guys spending R4k+ on a vape. The little luxuries can be nice to have, the smaller differences can add up.

What might help justify the price of a more premium vape is the longer 10 year warranties we are seeing with some vapes, as well as support and stock of parts. Davinci support is phenomenal! 

What I am tryin to say is, if you do not have R4k to spend on a vape but only R1k. Do not go out of your way to find the extra R3k.

If you have R4k to spend on a vape, then go for it! They typically come with some nice extra features, accessories and support.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, PsyCLown said:

Yeah, difference between a budget vape and more expensive, premium vape is minor things.

The guys spending around R1k on a vape are not missing out on much compared to guys spending R4k+ on a vape. The little luxuries can be nice to have, the smaller differences can add up.

What might help justify the price of a more premium vape is the longer 10 year warranties we are seeing with some vapes, as well as support and stock of parts. Davinci support is phenomenal! 

What I am tryin to say is, if you do not have R4k to spend on a vape but only R1k. Do not go out of your way to find the extra R3k.

If you have R4k to spend on a vape, then go for it! They typically come with some nice extra features, accessories and support.

Yea man agreed. The major differences would be firstly and most importantly, TASTE. With a budget vape most strains kinda taste similar. There are definite differences but you have to be fine tuned to notice. Secondly is battery life and perhaps various temp settings, which is just a bonus. You only end up using 1 or 2 temp settings anyway. The rest is nice to haves. In general dry herb vapes are way overpriced in my opinion. ✌️

Yea man agreed. The major differences would be firstly and most importantly, TASTE. With a budget vape most strains kinda taste similar. There are definite differences but you have to be fine tuned to notice. Secondly is battery life and perhaps various temp settings, which is just a bonus. You only end up using 1 or 2 temp settings anyway. The rest is nice to haves. In general dry herb vapes are way overpriced in my opinion. 
Even taste, I expected more of a difference...

The taste for me, on the cheaper ones, had always had a plastic taste, and felt to hard to pull through.

The IQ2 is amazing still, and dont use it nearly as much as I should these last few days, and do find the high more refined and quiet enjoyable over joints or bong, I really like the flavor chamber, it can change everything, and either leave a second or third load for the oven, and all while the cannabis is in there it gets coated and roasted in the flavor and vape of the hits beforehand. Then you can even put mint leaves in there, making the use of it in a crowded room or area, easy and smelling of a regular vape, not a herb vape. Even called a Mojito 😉

As for the build quality, I still cant get over the design and details in this.

Smart path, blah, I go for 200deg and done, or boost for night night baby.

Money well spent, I am feeling good about this purchase, and that means something. 

Volcano 🌋

That is the true have to have now💨🙌

• Like 3

I also have not cleaned it, and used it enough to have to charge it 15 or more times.

Use a paint brush, and brush it out straight after, and boom, ready to go next time.

This things is actually so sexy and clean, even on the pull through the full ceramic path and chambers 

16251674633047132433313765609555.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/30/2021 at 4:37 PM, Ganjora said:

got a couple of dynavaps,  which i love.

have an itch for a new vape.

had been seriously considering the mighty,  will give the IQ2 a proper look.

thanks for the heads up.

I have 2x Dynavap and the Apollo Induction heater, dont ever use them, lol.

The IQ2, is hands down the one for me, as it had a replacement battery option and you can carry 10 if you needed on a weekend away in the Bush.

You will not be sorry with them both, but you will be more free with the IQ2 

I cant accept the plastic taste of a cheap vape, I actually could feel myself get high from plastic burn off and that didnt do much for me.

On 8/3/2020 at 5:56 PM, PsyCLown said:

Well you called it, kind of, for me....

But I stopped using them before I bought the IQ2 😉

41 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

I also have not cleaned it, and used it enough to have to charge it 15 or more times.

Use a paint brush, and brush it out straight after, and boom, ready to go next time.

This things is actually so sexy and clean, even on the pull through the full ceramic path and chambers 

16251674633047132433313765609555.jpg

Wish mine still looked so nice and white. Out of stupidity i put some grinded coffee in the chamber with my herb. Don't ask me why i did that. Curiousity combined with idiocrisy(is that a word?) Anyway. Burned the fuck out of the chamber and impossible to clean. At least i don't taste burned coffee anymore...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1