Differences between various vapes

PsyCLown

@The_StonedTrooper Interesting, my cheapy Black Window vape had a ceramic chamber and I never got any plasticy taste from it. Perhaps I got lucky with the build quality of that vape for a budget vape?

The ArGo is a glass stem and chamber, the davinci IQ and IQ2 I think is ceramic and zirconia and/or glass chamber and airway?

The IQ2 is very easy to clean and so far mine is staying pretty clean too, quite easily.

Always empty and clean the vape right after use before the herb cools down - this goes for any vape I feel. Makes life much easier in terms of cleaning.

• Agree 1

Yes yeah, the Gpen all had a plastic taste, and even slightly on the Mighty, with the plastic mouth piece.

Otherwise I didnt try the ones you have and agree, they probably great at what they do and have clean taste and all.

I really battle with pulling through them, and the IQ2 has adjusted air flow and gave me full control over my air and flavor. 

I actually enjoy vaping for once.

• Agree 1

I own both the airis herborn & the airis switch. 

Herborn broke after a year of usage and I dont like the design of it compared to the switch altho they basically the same model.

11098540cdd42583834e47924f69dd87ce6930a3.jpg.02ece57037da4b7bd0348bd43c2fa0cc.jpg

The herbon has 3 temps to choose from. You load dry herb into the food grade ceramic chamber at the bottom and vape from the rubber piece at the top. I dont like this because of the intake hole being right next to the charging port, which makes me think it can get cloged. I also got a rubber after taste and very poor vapor 

The Airis Switch, is the same model, same functions but instead you load dry herb on top and the intake is also on top as you can see on the pic, giving alot more vapor than the herborn and with no rubber taste, the switch also comes with 3 extra bullets for herb, wax and liquid.

884255087_download(4).jpg.9424801fcc7f6f7399a8da8f606dedb6.jpg

Both are reasonable in price around R1200-1300, which is reasonable compared to some vapes out there. If you are going to get an airis than I would suggest getting the switch 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, The_StonedTrooper said:

Yes yeah, the Gpen all had a plastic taste, and even slightly on the Mighty, with the plastic mouth piece.

Otherwise I didnt try the ones you have and agree, they probably great at what they do and have clean taste and all.

I really battle with pulling through them, and the IQ2 has adjusted air flow and gave me full control over my air and flavor. 

I actually enjoy vaping for once.

Yes, the IQ2 is the first herb vape I have used which has adjustable airflow and the airflow can be quite airy in comparison to all the other vapes I have tried which is generally a very restrictive pull.

I quite like it half way open (2 clicks open), 3 and 4 clicks open are not bad either and for higher temps might work well. I will try tonight perhaps.

For those who are wondering, the IQ2 has 5 airflow settings.

• Fully closed
  • 1 click open
  • 2 clicks open
  • 3 clicks open
  • 4 clicks open (Fully open)

The IQ 2 seems to pool a lot of features together and makes for a very pleasant vape experience.

It provides a refined overall vape experience.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

2 clicks, the only way for me, and tight oven, and small grind.

I like how it tells you if you not pulling hard enough, and you can perfect your pull more than other vapes. For me

More than 2 clicks is too much, but perfect for my mate, who doesn't know how to pull slow or soft. Tell him, slowly, and he basically pulls 2 times harder. Haha.

• Like 2

i have had too many double and triple thick milkshakes in my life to know that tryna suck icecream through a straw is not my favorite way to consume it lol.

and that is what dry herb vapes remind me of when i am offered a try. for me, i like pulling on a joint as easy as it would be to breathe, or a completely restrictless bong hit haha!! 

so with the adjustable airflow it makes it a lot more attractive to me haha!! 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PsyCLown said:

I've noticed it tells how long the pull is, but haven't seen it tell how hard one is pulling?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Okay, yes you correct, it will show you rather how long to pull, not how long your pull is.

As that bar starts, as you start pulling, you'll notice, that if you dont pull hard enough, or have the air path all the way open and not enough pack in the oven, you'll not get enough pressure and the light bar, will stop and start the whole time, as you build pressure and it cant keep it.

Basically telling you, you need to pull harder, or close the gate, or pack tightly the oven.

If you pull just enough to keep it on, you'll get the best pull, just right pressure and all.

• Like 1

Okay, yes you correct, it will show you rather how long to pull, not how long your pull is.
As that bar starts, as you start pulling, you'll notice, that if you dont pull hard enough, or have the air path all the way open and not enough pack in the oven, you'll not get enough pressure and the light bar, will stop and start the whole time, as you build pressure and it cant keep it.
Basically telling you, you need to pull harder, or close the gate, or pack tightly the oven.
If you pull just enough to keep it on, you'll get the best pull, just right pressure and all.
Interesting, I thought it was a way for the vape to measure the duration of the pull and in turn calculate the dosage when you enter the bud details?

I thought it just showed the duration of the pull, are you meant to try and pull until it lights up all the way to the top?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Interesting, I thought it was a way for the vape to measure the duration of the pull and in turn calculate the dosage when you enter the bud details?

I thought it just showed the duration of the pull, are you meant to try and pull until it lights up all the way to the top?

I have been doing that, slow and long, and the results are bloody awesome. 

Maybe I am wrong, but found that worked the best for me.

My mate pulls it like a smoke, and says it's okay, but I like to get the whole oven hot and slowly heat the pearl at the base and create a convection effect more that way.

My opinion again.

Edited by The_StonedTrooper
Typo

Curious to find out if that is what DaVinci intended it to be used for.

Must pay a bit more attention to it, but can be difficult to see while holding the vape to your mouth and taking a pull. As you get higher, at night with lights off it has a bit of an alien feel to it I find as you are pulling and the lights are getting closer and closer to your lips. lol

I also find a slower and longer pull on a herb vape works well and have been doing it since I started vaping. Very different experience to a bong or joint, it's a longer process for sure but one which I do not mind.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, PsyCLown said:

Curious to find out if that is what DaVinci intended it to be used for.

Must pay a bit more attention to it, but can be difficult to see while holding the vape to your mouth and taking a pull. As you get higher, at night with lights off it has a bit of an alien feel to it I find as you are pulling and the lights are getting closer and closer to your lips. lol

I also find a slower and longer pull on a herb vape works well and have been doing it since I started vaping. Very different experience to a bong or joint, it's a longer process for sure but one which I do not mind.

We must definitely find out.

As I said if you running the app, the small pulls dont show up on the graph properly 

I've also watched a kak load of videos on YouTube before I purchased, and they all hit for a full load of bar, and slow. 

So I tried both, and stuck with, what seems to be more your thing too.

• Agree 1

which is the most efficient vape?
regardless of heating method,  bowl size or cost of device,  which vape extracts most completely?
the biggest bang from the smallest buck.
Hard to say, although with the IQ and IQ2 they have that "pearl" which help ensure all the bud is heated quite evenly, where most other vapes have some of the herb not as "roasted" as in the middle and the colour varies a little.
More consistent with the Davinci due to their pearl.

I'd imagine vapes like the Volcano would also do a good job. I find I use less bud when vaping in general, so efficiently isn't much if a concern for me personally when picking a vape. Even with the other vapes I'm really not worried about their efficiency in terms of fully using the herb and temp plays a big role too.

Once again the davinci and Pax may be better due to their smartpaths which increase the temp over the duration of the session.

• 2 years later...

Just stumbled upon this vape thread. Exploring the differences between vapes can be a maze. From my journey, it boils down to personal preference—portability, temperature control, and, of course, the herb experience. I called Dampfi Vape Shop and found everything I needed to try different combinations. And I found my favorite soon - the oil pen.

Edited by Timmytime
  • Like 1