First Attempt , First everything

Newbie_2020

21 hours ago, Newbe_2020 said:

@Bakstein420 Thanks man, got worried that two seeds failed but guess third time lucky.

to this very day i absolutely stress about seeds and seedlings. they will sprout on a rock outside but inside they will die for the slightest anything. does my head in. thats why i have clones clones clones

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Master_G said:

to this very day i absolutely stress about seeds and seedlings. they will sprout on a rock outside but inside they will die for the slightest anything. does my head in. thats why i have clones clones clones

Omw, just look what I saw after agreeing with your post above and battling to get 1 out of 3 zkittlez to fully come up and be seedling. 

Life hey...

7987879.jpg

• Haha 3

I found the most success with placing seed straight into the medium, I have germinated many seed successfully in paper towel but somehow many don't survive after planting.

So far all my cheap Bulkseed bank seeds that I placed straight into the medium germinated and grows well and my previous 5 with the paper towel method only 2 survived (many other factors can play a role which caused the failure) so I am sticking to straight into medium. (Currently have a winning cake fem and cheese auto waiting to pop)

• Like 4

I do agree fully there, and have when using jiffy pellets, gotten 100% success rate with seeds and clones. But got the rockwool starters for a clone project, and thought while I had them I'd use them for the seeds.

Next time, jiffy pellets or straight in as you suggest to the home. Much safer and simplest way.

Oh yes, all 50 odd clones I did last month in the rockwool, came out 100% success so thought seeds would be good...lol.

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Murphy's Law, 3 seeds to get 1 plant...

Then you get that joint above, burnt and smoked, and then still comes out like The Undertaker from his coffin on WWE.

And while looking into my glass ball, haha, I meant bong, I see this new life starting to rise from the dead like Stefano Dimera from Bold and Beautiful 🤣

More lols 

20200630_090329.jpg

1ed2622.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

One question , how quick does the first real leaves develop on a seedling. My seedling is growing these, extremely slow. Couple mm so far in the last two days. 

Its not stretching, but not sure if the light is to high so it does not encourage growth?

Edited by Newbe_2020
  • Like 1

Day 12th Update: The seedling is slowly making progress. Some roots can now we seen on the side of the cup. Humidity and temperate is now under a bit better control, awaiting the delivery of my humidity controller then it will become much easier. 

image.png.eb0514d6fac8f4eb732ad740309778b7.png

Edited by Newbe_2020
  • Like 2

So tomorrow my seedling are hitting the 2x week mark. When do I need to introduce nutrients, do I ? I have some GHE , Seagro, Kelpak , Hortimix MKP Bloom Booster , Hortimix Powder B ( Nitogen & Calcuim) and lastly Calcium Nitrate. Went a bit over board to rather be prepared than not have anything.  Using Freedom Farm F1 mix soil.

2 Week Pic.JPG

Edited by Newbie_2020
  • Like 1

I must have missed your transplanting and where you discuss the light schedule you are on, or I've forgotten with all the different post...

What schedule you running on the lights now? normally it's the same from seed all through to veg, then changes in flower if photo period plant.

I haven't used that soil before, plant looks happy and no need to feed if you ask me, and I know you can feed it, but start lightly and work up if you want to use them, but I'd say wait till the plant asks for food, typically they happy for at least a month from my understanding. 

Edited by StickyD420
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Newbie_2020 said:

I started of the first week to run 24/24 and change the second week to 18/6 cycle. Thanks @StickyD420  i agree dont want to rush things , rather just prepping like Im going on.

Perfect, if I understand you are on 18/6

Stay straight ahead and wait for the plant to ask for food, you can ask us here again if you not sure but you'll see the leaves getting slightly lighter. Though maybe someone has better inputs on this soil, it's not something I've used but doesn't mean it's not good, I mean look at that plant at 2 weeks already, super happy girl.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Newbie_2020 said:

So tomorrow my seedling are hitting the 2x week mark. When do I need to introduce nutrients, do I ? I have some GHE , Seagro, Kelpak , Hortimix MKP Bloom Booster , Hortimix Powder B ( Nitogen & Calcuim) and lastly Calcium Nitrate. Went a bit over board to rather be prepared than not have anything.  Using Freedom Farm F1 mix soil.

Starting out, seems you have two options here too.

Option 1

You can use the Kelpak soon, it just make the plant healthy and it helps the plant uptake nutrients and build the soil, then in a 2 or so weeks start adding Seagro, small, then up it as plant want's it.

You water enough, never run off and just right.

Option 2

You start with the GHE, as required, then the B mix, and MKP in bloom along with the GHE as required. 

Watering to a certain runoff, or you get build up of salts or minerals. 

Try not mixing the 2, you can, but learning you want the least variables possible, when you need to work out what's wrong, or how your inputs are effective on your next grows.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Newbie_2020 said:

I like the options, i was think to a none GHE as first attempt. Then on the second do multiple seeds but run two different feeding options. As see what works better head to head. 

I love a side by side,

All your brothers and sisters here do😊

We can even advise you best on how and it would start with 2 clones from the same plant.

Let us know when you are ready🤜🤛

• Like 1