Atami Bloombastic

DankFiend

But why? Just mix your own. A 100l of perlite is R204 from Pratley and Coco is R90 per 5kg. So for R400 you can mix 200l of Coco/perl 50/50. If you buy the High porosity atami you pay R340 per 50l. Which is R1360 for 200l just doesn't make sense spending money on a premix.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

@SkunkPharm I don't think @DankFiend is looking for a premix medium, he's looking for the Atami PK-fertilizer suspension called Bloombastic.

@DankFiend Home Gro Depot can give you free bottles if you go visit them. They are located in the Kingswood Centre in Glenhazel, Johannesburg.

Ok sorry!!!! Don't get me started on salts. Consumerism!!!! same salts just packed in a fancy package and named something different.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SkunkPharm said:

Ok sorry!!!! Don't get me started on salts. Consumerism!!!! same salts just packed in a fancy package and named something different.

I'd definitely never recommend it to any soil growers as it has citric acid, but if you're doing DWC or soilless it's simply a bloom booster for when you do your initial switch to flower.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkunkPharm said:

But why? Just mix your own. A 100l of perlite is R204 from Pratley and Coco is R90 per 5kg. So for R400 you can mix 200l of Coco/perl 50/50. If you buy the High porosity atami you pay R340 per 50l. Which is R1360 for 200l just doesn't make sense spending money on a premix.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi where is the Pratley store that sells 100ltr Perlite at 204. That's tops and is half the price I'm paying atm.

On a side not... a 5kg block of coco hydrates into 50litre.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ill_Evan said:

@SkunkPharm I don't think @DankFiend is looking for a premix medium, he's looking for the Atami PK-fertilizer suspension called Bloombastic.

@DankFiend Home Gro Depot can give you free bottles if you go visit them. They are located in the Kingswood Centre in Glenhazel, Johannesburg.

managed to get at GT hydro. they also giving out samples

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Mambawana said:

Hi where is the Pratley store that sells 100ltr Perlite at 204. That's tops and is half the price I'm paying atm.

On a side not... a 5kg block of coco hydrates into 50litre.

SA Horticulture. 

They are jhb based, but I'm sure you can hit them up for an order. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, CreX said:

I agree, coco let's so much water through that it really isn't necessary for the perlite. 

I actually feel that coco perlite drains way to fast. 

Yep not to mention if i dont want to reuse that coco I just dump in the garden and don't have white shit all over.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, greenkush said:

I've stopped using perlite, really not required with coco there is ample oxygen in the coco itself, even when saturated.

I wouldn't say it's not required cos it has its place and really allows you to water plants multiple times in a day.

In saying that I also prefer using coco on its own but only because it's more forgiving when it comes to the time it takes to dry out between feedings

Edited by Mambawana
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mambawana said:

I wouldn't say it's not required cos it has its place and really allows you to water plants multiple times in a day.

In saying that I also prefer using coco on its own but only because it's more forgiving when it comes to the time it takes to dry out between feedings

I water multiple times a day without issues and without perlite, and also you should never let your coco dry out its actually a pretty bad practice due to the very nature of coco.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 4 months later...

I have a sample of this and have used it for 2 grows, the first time I used it burnt my plant like crazy and she was last 3 weeks of flower. I fed it separate to my Hortimix nutes. (I don't have a PH/EC pen) the 2nd time I used it I didn't follow the instructions and it "seemed" that the trichomes started early than usual. 

I would imagine similar to bud candy, something that is a ripening and or terpenes producer, and rather start with a good soil, preferably home made with organic amendments, rock dust, perlite blah blah, you add the correct Microbes and have them on the best diet possible so their excrement is juicy food for your plant, and your plant and Microbes create a relationship that they work in harmony and as one unit. Wont need to add anything but water throughout grow. Check my full picture of grow, as I have plants going on 3 months old now (pic @ 2months) never had any nutrients at all, just water.

20200514_125259.jpg

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

I would imagine similar to bud candy, something that is a ripening and or terpenes producer, and rather start with a good soil, preferably home made with organic amendments, rock dust, perlite blah blah, you add the correct Microbes and have them on the best diet possible so their excrement is juicy food for your plant, and your plant and Microbes create a relationship that they work in harmony and as one unit. Wont need to add anything but water throughout grow. Check my full picture of grow, as I have plants going on 3 months old now (pic @ 2months) never had any nutrients at all, just water.

20200514_125259.jpg

Looks good man, my next grow I will go with a soil mix, I just always have issues with bugs when using soil, I made a "super soil" for my girlfriend to grow veggies in a raised bed and she harvested tomatoes,chilies, lettuce, baby carrots and parsley and all she did was water.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CoolJ said:

Looks good man, my next grow I will go with a soil mix, I just always have issues with bugs when using soil, I made a "super soil" for my girlfriend to grow veggies in a raised bed and she harvested tomatoes,chilies, lettuce, baby carrots and parsley and all she did was water.

I'd be willing to assist you with the mix I use and the cure for bugs and or fungus gnats, that you'll just need to water and not worry about much else. So glad your lady also grows even if vegetables, its something I'm about to start doing myself, look forward to the produce. Thank you for the kind words too

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

I'd be willing to assist you with the mix I use and the cure for bugs and or fungus gnats, that you'll just need to water and not worry about much else. So glad your lady also grows even if vegetables, its something I'm about to start doing myself, look forward to the produce. Thank you for the kind words too

Thanks man, I appreciate all advice I can get. The last time I manged to get rid of gnats with margret roberts insecticide and a layer of sterilize kids sand, I found that diatomaceous earth made a muddy layer ontop. I would like to hear your tips(maybe on another thread so we don't deviate even further)

8 hours ago, CoolJ said:

Thanks man, I appreciate all advice I can get. The last time I manged to get rid of gnats with margret roberts insecticide and a layer of sterilize kids sand, I found that diatomaceous earth made a muddy layer ontop. I would like to hear your tips(maybe on another thread so we don't deviate even further)

Sure brother, I dont mind sharing and dont use Diatomaceous earth in my mix, it can be done, but wasn't needed in my recipe. I had tried listening to all the ways and gather the best for me, the outcome was okay. Having been a landscaper and working in a nursery for 5 years, I decided to go back to my basics and what I know about soil and the photosynthesis process, bought my amendments and boom, haven't fed them nutrients since and the plants speak for themselves. 

Below plant is outside and also never been fed nutrients yet.

I'm not a pro and I learn every single day still.

20200504_163517.jpg

2 minutes ago, StickyD420 said:

Sure brother, I dont mind sharing and dont use Diatomaceous earth in my mix, it can be done, but wasn't needed in my recipe. I had tried listening to all the ways and gather the best for me, the outcome was okay. Having been a landscaper and working in a nursery for 5 years, I decided to go back to my basics and what I know about soil and the photosynthesis process, bought my amendments and boom, haven't fed them nutrients since and the plants speak for themselves. 

Below plant is outside and also never been fed nutrients yet.

I'm not a pro and I learn every single day still.

20200504_163517.jpg

Nice, we must compare notes some day

• Like 1
  • Agree 1